IHG Corporate Presence

Old Mar 19, 2018, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Starwood/Marriott, Hilton, IHG
IHG Corporate Presence

Is there a lurker from IHG corporate (specifically, the USA division in Atlanta) that monitors the posts here? I'm not talking to anyone in the Philippines again. The mobile app tells me my PIN is wrong, I've deleted and re-installed the app twice now, they've sent me two e-mails telling me what my PIN is and, yes, that is my PIN. But in the Philippines they apparently don't know what it means when I tell them the app tells me my PIN is wrong when it's not.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 7:28 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by spartacus
Is there a lurker from IHG corporate (specifically, the USA division in Atlanta) that monitors the posts here? I'm not talking to anyone in the Philippines again. The mobile app tells me my PIN is wrong, I've deleted and re-installed the app twice now, they've sent me two e-mails telling me what my PIN is and, yes, that is my PIN. But in the Philippines they apparently don't know what it means when I tell them the app tells me my PIN is wrong when it's not.
Then if PIN is correct probably either your account is locked by IHG or your login ID is wrong .. I can not see IHG App as being your issue.

1. Login can be either numeric member-number or email addresss +++PIN. Check the ID is correct, if fails use alternate ID from Number/email and try again.
(Check no ' ' space entered before/after either your userid (number or email) too)

2. I'd actually bypass App and use a PC/Laptop website login to eliminate App issues

3. Also option on website to do lost PIN request. An extra check.

4. Lastly, Once you have confirmed ID/PIN pair is good on website then try the now known to be working pair in app. Only if a known proven/tested working ID/PINpairing errors is the App an issue.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by spartacus
Problem seems to be with Android. Haven't managed to log in via Android for over a fortnight yet IPad / IOS App works fine as well as desktop login. I did the same and requested PIN verification via e-mail which confirmed my PIN was correct. Another spectacular IHG IT fail.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 5:42 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Faethepit

Problem seems to be with Android. Haven't managed to log in via Android for over a fortnight yet IPad / IOS App works fine as well as desktop login. I did the same and requested PIN verification via e-mail which confirmed my PIN was correct. Another spectacular IHG IT fail.

My phone runs Android and I can login without a problem. Probably same app version as due to phone reset I reinstalled many Apps on Monday just 48hours ago

Also 3weeks ago I had an App refresh to do forced by IHG App which actually said 'no longer supported version' and would not permit use so have been running upto date app version recently

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.