IHG Acquires Regent Hotels, IC Hong Kong being re-branded in 2021

Old Jul 4, 18, 5:41 am
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF WP, VS Gold, IHG RA, A Club Plat.
Originally Posted by baroqen View Post
Taipei barely has any IHG presence. A lonely HIX way on the outskirts of town. I recently went to Taipei and was hoping to score some Accelerate credit, but the single option were just pitiful.
Did you overlook the HI East Taipei? FWIW there was an Indigo and HIX planned but they fell through, and there is a Kimpton planned. Taipei has not been a happy hunting ground for western brands.
Old Jul 4, 18, 8:21 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by quarryking View Post
And also doesn't show up as an option when you search for hotels in Singapore (as yet)
As I said, Regent Singapore will not join IHG because Regent Singapore is not part of the Regent Hotels group
Old Jul 8, 18, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by markis10 View Post

Did you overlook the HI East Taipei? FWIW there was an Indigo and HIX planned but they fell through, and there is a Kimpton planned. Taipei has not been a happy hunting ground for western brands.
I didn't overlook it, but the location left a lot to be desired. I found the Aloft to suit my needs well. Acceptable price, large rooms (I paid for a larger room), and a good location. There was a small Night Market literally behind the hotel and extremely easy access to the subway. It wasn't "luxury", but it was quality and convenience at a reasonable price.
Old Jul 17, 18, 2:37 pm
dw

Programs: AA Plat, IHG Spire Amb/Kimpton IC, Marriott/SPG (New) Plat
Hotels Magazine is reporting today (unfortunately, article is behind paywall) that there is speculation that IHG is considering the IC London, IC Sydney and the IC Willard DC for eventual rebranding to Regent.
Old Jul 17, 18, 3:31 pm

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN
Originally Posted by dw View Post
Hotels Magazine is reporting today (unfortunately, article is behind paywall) that there is speculation that IHG is considering the IC London, IC Sydney and the IC Willard DC for eventual rebranding to Regent.
I can't comment on IC Sydney...

But to me, IC London Park Lane, IC Willard DC and Possibly IC Amstel seem to fit the 'Regent' Brand...
Old Jul 18, 18, 4:52 am

Programs: IHG
I think it would be a shame to re-brand their most iconic hotels. That said, there's 2 IC's in Sydney, DC, and London. Perhaps the idea is that each city retains an IC, but also gains a Regent.
Old Jul 18, 18, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, EK, IHG, SPG
Originally Posted by Lewis42 View Post
I can't comment on IC Sydney...

But to me, IC London Park Lane, IC Willard DC and Possibly IC Amstel seem to fit the 'Regent' Brand...
What does Park Lane bring to the party? It is an undistinguished 1960's concrete block and - if you removed the logo from the door - there is nothing to differentiate it from any random low-end five star (or, if we're honest, high end four-star) hotel. Had they kept the Conrad Victoria that would have been more suitable if they want something more 'lifestyle'.

The new Principal London, just acquired, is an odd location but has a lot of buzz. I can see this going to Kimpton but would work as something better.
Old Oct 18, 18, 6:39 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, SPG Plat, BA Silver
IHG announce a repositioning of Regent:

"Each Regent hotel will alleviate the demands and pressure of daily life to remove tension and create a stay that is effortlessly bespoke. To achieve this sublime haven, there are three promises at the heart of everything the Regent brand delivers:

Majestically intimate – experiences designed for the individual where they can discover crafted personal havens, and escape and indulge
On their terms – guests to stay on their terms using a combination of attentive service and frictionless technology to create a stay that feels effortless
Inspiring discoveries – enabling guests to discover and experience the best of local culture, new tastes, delights and ideas"

and the signing of the Regent Kuala Lumpur

https://www.ihgplc.com/news-and-medi...ce-acquisition
submonte and barracuda93 like this.
Old Oct 18, 18, 11:53 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN
Originally Posted by davidw70 View Post
IHG announce a repositioning of Regent:

"Each Regent hotel will alleviate the demands and pressure of daily life to remove tension and create a stay that is effortlessly bespoke. To achieve this sublime haven, there are three promises at the heart of everything the Regent brand delivers:

Majestically intimate experiences designed for the individual where they can discover crafted personal havens, and escape and indulge
On their terms guests to stay on their terms using a combination of attentive service and frictionless technology to create a stay that feels effortless
Inspiring discoveries enabling guests to discover and experience the best of local culture, new tastes, delights and ideas"

and the signing of the Regent Kuala Lumpur

https://www.ihgplc.com/news-and-medi...ce-acquisition
Ahhh the empty marketing which has no depth...
remymartin likes this.
Old Jan 17, 19, 12:58 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, SPG Plat, BA Silver
Regent now seems to be bookable on the IHG app now. Can’t see any reward nights though.
Old Jan 17, 19, 5:44 am

Programs: Platinum Ambassdor
Regent Singapore still Regent brand

don't rebrand to Capella Hotel and Cut off A Four Season Hotel
Old Jan 17, 19, 8:55 am

Programs: IHG Plat Ambassador, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Gold, AccorHotels Silver, oneworld Sapphire
Taipei has not been a happy hunting ground for western brands.
BTW it's not a part of IHG anymore.

Taipei has not been a happy hunting ground for western brands.
SPG/Marriott presence is very good here. For some reason it's IHG who lags behind.
Old Jan 17, 19, 10:20 am
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF WP, VS Gold, IHG RA, A Club Plat.
Originally Posted by barracuda93 View Post
BTW it's not a part of IHG anymore.

SPG/Marriott presence is very good here. For some reason it's IHG who lags behind.
Things change in six months since I posted (HI gone, Kimpton etc soon to be open), and I note Hilton and Hyatt have very little presence.