Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westside LA / Beverly Hills Kimptons (and IC)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2018, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Jumbo mas
Westside LA / Beverly Hills Kimptons (and IC)

It looks like La Peer is the best location for where we need to be, but the IC is also fine, as is the Hotel Wilshire. Preferences? No car (we won't need one). Platinum member, for whatever that's worth. I haven't stayed at a Kimpton in years.
Old May 7, 2018, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Jumbo mas
After all of the helpful advice here, I booked the La Peer. It was a good choice. Nice new place, lovely staff. Decent AM coffee in the lobby, and an hour of wine reception in the late afternoon. This is a very good location - right between Melrose and Santa Monica - caveat is that if you want an earlier breakfast nearby, there isn't a lot open within a walk of several blocks before 10 am.

The room is comfortable. Nice bedding. My particular room had a closet built out that was an invitation to bump into - it really encroached on the way from the main area to the bathroom / front door, and had a design that was an invitation for pain when bumping into it. The other oddity was the sink. This has to be the dumbest bathroom sink I've ever used. The setback on the counter, the angle, the placement of the faucet, and the placement of the handle were invitations to get water all over the place, and if you're short, forget it altogether. But it was super stylish, and being the west side of LA, that's what is really important.

Nevertheless, I'd recommend the place, and stay there again if I needed to be in the area. And once again, thanks for all the feedback I received since my OP nearly 2 months ago.
Old May 8, 2018, 12:31 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I've been hoping to stay at LaPeer but haven't been able to find the opportunity yet. The Wilshire always treats me well but the location isn't that convenient, especially if you don't have a car. Before the IHG integration, Kimpton was promoting the LaPeer as their apex property in SoCal in terms of luxury and guest experience.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
The La Peer charges 70k per night but only $280 base rate? Weird is an understatement for such a discrepancy.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 8:30 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
The times I've looked at the rates at the La Peer, they have been around $395. I stayed there last fall on a points stay with Spire Inner Circle status and was upgraded into a Terrace Suite, which is around $700. For that, 70K points was a good redemption.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Review of my stays at InterContinental and Kimpton properties in Los Angeles area

InterContinental Los Angeles Downtown

Kimpton Shorebreak Huntington Beach Resort

Kimpton Hotel Wilshire Los Angeles

Kimpton La Peer Hotel

Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills

Kimpton Everly Los Angeles

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.