Platinum Status as a gift only last until the end of the year?

Old Mar 4, 18, 7:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plat, iHG Spire, JGC Diamond
Angry Platinum Status as a gift only last until the end of the year?

Here is from our Terms and Conduciton

45. Once a Member earns Elite membership status in any calendar year, such status will be maintained through the end of the following calendar year.
https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/cu...care/member-tc

I have just recently purchase Ambassador with the promotion of receiving Platinum Status, and my Platinum is only good until the end of 2018.
When I was a spire back in the days I gave my friend Platinum status and it was good until the end of next year. ( Gave in Jan 2014 and membership was good until Dec 2015!)

So after a bit of searching a googling i found out that any form of Platinum earned applies on #45 .
However customer service explains that regulation 45 only applies to qualified status
and as a gift of platinum it will only last until the end of the year ( purchased today, so my plat only last for 9 months, pretty disappointing to be honest. )

I want to know if anyone has similar case?
Old Mar 4, 18, 2:57 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
That would upset loads of Spires (non Road Warriors) who on average will not hit 75k/75nights until much later in maybe July-Sep months. Thus gifting Plat Status would only be valid for 3months which I just can't see being the case
Old Mar 4, 18, 5:54 pm

Programs: IC/RA - Spire, AC E50K, AA, AM-Gold, HH-Diamond, SPG, Choice - Gold
Originally Posted by scubaccr View Post
That would upset loads of Spires (non Road Warriors) who on average will not hit 75k/75nights until much later in maybe July-Sep months. Thus gifting Plat Status would only be valid for 3months which I just can't see being the case
In 2016 (June) and 2017 (September), I gifted Platinum status to a friend and colleague and the status went to December 31st of the following year in both cases.
scubaccr likes this.
Old Mar 5, 18, 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by Robbie0129 View Post
Here is from our Terms and Conduciton

45. Once a Member earns Elite membership status in any calendar year, such status will be maintained through the end of the following calendar year.
https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/cu...care/member-tc

I have just recently purchase Ambassador with the promotion of receiving Platinum Status, and my Platinum is only good until the end of 2018.
When I was a spire back in the days I gave my friend Platinum status and it was good until the end of next year. ( Gave in Jan 2014 and membership was good until Dec 2015!)

So after a bit of searching a googling i found out that any form of Platinum earned applies on #45 .
However customer service explains that regulation 45 only applies to qualified status
and as a gift of platinum it will only last until the end of the year ( purchased today, so my plat only last for 9 months, pretty disappointing to be honest. )

I want to know if anyone has similar case?

IHG Chase crdit card (free for 1st year and $49 after) gives you Platinum status as long as you have card. You also get a free night a year at any IHG. Using my free night as part on my trip to Bora Bora this year. The one with taxes and fees would have been over $1000.00