Wiki Posts
Search

Kimpton Monaco Seattle Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2018, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Kimpton Monaco Seattle Master Thread

Hotel Monaco Seattle, a Kimpton Hotel

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

1101 4th Ave Seattle, WA US 98101

Kimpton Monaco Seattle (7 Photos)

Check In

Check-in procedure went very well. I explained that I was new to Kimpton as an IHG elite; he replied that IHG was a learning experience for them as well. Upgraded to a top floor suite, which has a Keurig machine when I asked about a coffeepot for the room. We went over the Raid the Bar credit, social hour and a couple of other things. 

Room

20180224_162951.jpg

Here's the desk, with its six outlets (power ports)! Not much more to say as I did not sit there.

20180224_163428.jpg

Welcome note from manager with complimentary bottle of red wine, apple chips and chocolate bark

20180224_163014.jpg

Couch across from desk with Keurig machine -- could've used a bit more creamer and sugar, good thing I always bring my own! No big deal, but thought I'd mention it.

20180224_163036.jpg

Minibar (a/k/a Refreshment Center) to the right, which I did not sample. To the left are the power ports (AC and USB) and clock/bluetooth speaker. Couldn't figure out how to dim it, so the unit spent the night in the bathroom. Again, no big deal (my issue). Bed was fine with very firm pillows.

20180224_163047.jpg

Did not turn on TV, so cannot comment. Wooden slats let in a fair amount of light, so I would've preferred blackout curtains, but I managed okay. Far less (street) noise than I'd feared given the location.20180224_163158.jpg

It's a sink, but thought I'd add a picture! Bar of citrus facial soap, along with Kadota fig body lotion. 

20180224_163134.jpg

Shower had decent force and temperature, dispensers for citrus body wash, Oolong tea shampoo, and geranium conditioner. 

About it for the room, which was overall very nice indeed. There was a connecting door, though little noise from there.

Service

I did not need anything from them at all, but am going to throw in here that checkout was s-l-o-w! Folks (from overseas) checking in before noon, with two clerks and no elite line. I would have left keys in the room, but it as implied at check-in that one needs to have the f&b credit applied at check-out. Weakest point of stay.

Social hour (5 - 6PM) had a decent wine selection, but it seemed every single adult guest was present, so not enough seating in the relatively small lobby area. There were Brigadoon-like appetizers which a few lucky folks snagged, though none available when I went for my first and second glasses of wine. 

Dining

I tried a can of Ghostfish IPA (quite good), as well as the seafood laksa. The latter I found a bit bland, but okay as I didnt want anything heavy. Bar service was professional. $10 credit applied at checkout made it a great deal.

Quite central to tourist attractions, dining, etc.

Overall

I would stay again for the same rate. The issues noted did not detract from a positive stay. Great introduction to Kimpton for me!

Kimpton Monaco Seattle

Would you like to write a review on the Hotel Monaco Seattle, a Kimpton Hotel?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Mar 12, 2022, 12:28 pm

Programs: Alaska, AA, Marriott
Staying here this weekend - it's the St Patrick's Day parade tomorrow and is right in front of the hotel. This is a "between business travel weeks" weekend on the west coast for me, and I was going to bring my SO but the times/flights didn't work out this time, so I'm solo and looking for a "down" weekend vs. being the active tourist (been to Seattle many times). I stayed here due to a 20K point promo as part of the buy-up to Ambassador (was already Platinum), and I'll be able to use the free weekend night at one of the half-dozen IHG stays I have throughout the rest of the year.

I'm Platinum Ambassador, and I understand every Ambassador gets at least Platinum, so I'm not expecting anything special. My one category upgrade was to a higher floor, but the view is of the building next door. Nothing to write home about, but I'm not here to stare out the window at the city so I don't particularly care.

I love boutique hotels and the Monaco definitely fits that experience. The room is large, the furnishings match what OP posted. My room has a large, deep tub I'm looking forward to filling up later and soaking in - I don't have a tub at home so this is a "luxury" in that sense.

No "secret password" active at this time, so just the $10 F&B credit. I'll be eating dinner out, so it's a nice perk but not anything amazing. I'd come back here, but it's nothing "distinctive" in terms of offerings, service, etc. Room size is definitely above average.

We don't travel with pets but the pet service is a clear plus here, and pet owners seem very responsible. Lots of Irish Wolfhounds this weekend.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 3:48 pm

There is a "guest amenities fee of $22" that includes a $15 credit to apply towards parking, Bodega or the restaurant.

If I stay four nights, should I assume I get four credits of $15 each? Can I use them together for a $60 credit one night at the restaurant?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.