Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

Additional Guest Name field no longer exists in new IHG booking screens

Additional Guest Name field no longer exists in new IHG booking screens

Old Mar 5, 2018, 11:24 pm

I just tried several times with Edge, Internet Explorer and Chromium. There is no item to select Additional Guest. I know, I have seen that before, but it is not there now. I am searching for two people using the free night. I have logged out, logged in, gone back, etc.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 12:08 am

Programs: IHG Rewards Club Spire Elite, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyingBoat
I just tried several times with Edge, Internet Explorer and Chromium. There is no item to select Additional Guest. I know, I have seen that before, but it is not there now. I am searching for two people using the free night. I have logged out, logged in, gone back, etc.
I don't know if this is related but I keep having trouble with the "Special request" option disappearing and have found that it's when my Country/Region setting changes itself to United States. When I change it back to United Kingdom the reservation boxes refresh and "Special request" reappears. Perhaps something similar is happening with "Additional guests"?
Old Mar 6, 2018, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by olympian
I don't know if this is related but I keep having trouble with the "Special request" option disappearing and have found that it's when my Country/Region setting changes itself to United States. When I change it back to United Kingdom the reservation boxes refresh and "Special request" reappears. Perhaps something similar is happening with "Additional guests"?
Thanks, I just tried changing my address to UK and still no Add Guest or Special Request option.

It does seem to be dependent on hotel. I tried for example Kimpton, Holiday Inn, and Crowne Plaza in Miami and no add guest option, but there is for IC. Didn't matter cash or free night booking.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 9:03 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I made some bookings this last weekend in Bali and Japan and for 3 out of 4 reservations the additional guest fields showed up, once they didn't. Special request was there every time.

Overall though still a very "flaky" unpredictably working website. Annoying at best.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 8:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
This is what I got from the IHG chat:

"1. Go to www.ihg.com 2. Go to ""RESERVATIONS"" tab and click on ""Manage Reservations"" and enter your confirmation number and last name. 3. The next page will show you the details of your reservation and on the right side of the screen, options as to what you can do to your reservation. On the Manage Reservation Box, click on ""Change This Reservation"". 4. On the next page under Rate and Room Information - Number of Persons: Click on ""Edit Number of Persons"". Change number of Adults to ""2"" and click on ""SELECT TO CHECK AVAILABILITY"". 5. On the next page under Guest Information click on ""Add Guests"" after which just click on PREVIEW CHANGES below and CONFIRM CHANGES on the next page."""
Old Apr 1, 2018, 10:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Deltahater
This is what I got from the IHG chat:

"1. Go to www.ihg.com 2. Go to ""RESERVATIONS"" tab and click on ""Manage Reservations"" and enter your confirmation number and last name. 3. The next page will show you the details of your reservation and on the right side of the screen, options as to what you can do to your reservation. On the Manage Reservation Box, click on ""Change This Reservation"". 4. On the next page under Rate and Room Information - Number of Persons: Click on ""Edit Number of Persons"". Change number of Adults to ""2"" and click on ""SELECT TO CHECK AVAILABILITY"". 5. On the next page under Guest Information click on ""Add Guests"" after which just click on PREVIEW CHANGES below and CONFIRM CHANGES on the next page."""
Totally unacceptable and unworkable.

Adding this important info regards 2nd (Addituonal) Guest needs to be an option at time one books (assuming one remembers to search+book as 2ppn. Doing at time one made bookings took < 30seconds, this laborious fudge canes far far longer.

I alwaysensure to add my 'a n other' guest as additional so they can obtain a room key independently from me if they leave their keycard in room when we are separately doing our own things. If not on res, then checkin/reception should not provide access/new-keycard to a 2nd guest.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 12:40 am
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
I just click edit guest info,when making a reservation and the additional guest box appears.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 9:37 am

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
Even when booking 2 guests, this field shows up only some of the time.

I should note that if you have already filled in the guest name -- "for security purposes" this field doesn't show up. It's a "use-once" field and once you've entered the second guest name, this field disappears. But if you change your reservation from 2 to 3 guests, then the field will reappear -- but only for the third guest.

But sometimes it doesn't show up at all -- like other features of this unstable website.

And today I had the "Special Request" -- where I have to use shorthand to fit my request into only 50 characters -- not show up either!

And I find "special request" doesn't get read about half the time by hotels -- twice they missed a "two beds please" in the past 2 weeks, for example.

So I trust it more when I simply email the hotel (if I can find the email address; it's occasionally a challenge with the new website). Of course a few hotels are horrible at replying t o emails, but at least when they do, they usually reply back, confirming the special request, early arrival, guest name, etc. And usually this gives you the name of an individual, with whom you can communicate for future stays.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 6:36 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Can I just call it in? Seems like that’s easier.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 10:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by RedElmo
only USA has a freephone number which is where you are lucky. Other country callers have to pay eg uk number

yes one can skype usa number foc but not always covenient/possible or an option for the bookee
Old Apr 9, 2018, 2:46 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Originally Posted by RedElmo
So far if I do have a situation where my travel partner arrives before I do, I will email to the hotel to inform them of his name and arrival time. So far, it works fine for me. They will acknowledge receipt and inform me to present my ID for check-in thereafter when I arrive at hotel.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 6:55 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
I can't seem to get this field to ever show up for me either. I'll try some of the ideas in this thread though....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.