Wiki Posts
Search

Earn airline partner points with IHG stay

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2018, 8:24 pm
Original Poster

Smile Earn airline partner points with IHG stay

Hello!
I need to have some activities in my Aeroplan account to prevent my miles from expiring and I'm planning for a night stay with IHG, so I'm thinking if I can set my earning preference to my Aeroplan account this time. If I set my earning preference to Aeroplan account, I know I won't get IHG base points, but do I get other IHG promotional points which includes 50% extra points for platinum member, 500 welcome point, 5 points per dollar on my IHG credit card? Most important, does it count toward accelerator? With my accelerator, I can get extra 3500 points for one stay, I don't want to miss that. Thank you.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 9:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by Java Titan
Hello!
I need to have some activities in my Aeroplan account to prevent my miles from expiring and I'm planning for a night stay with IHG, so I'm thinking if I can set my earning preference to my Aeroplan account this time. If I set my earning preference to Aeroplan account, I know I won't get IHG base points, but do I get other IHG promotional points which includes 50% extra points for platinum member, 500 welcome point, 5 points per dollar on my IHG credit card? Most important, does it count toward accelerator? With my accelerator, I can get extra 3500 points for one stay, I don't want to miss that. Thank you.
You would get the welcome points, and the credit card spending ones as well. Since you will earn zero base points, 50% of that is also zero. You should​ see Accelerate credit for the paid stay, but with IHG ... you might need to have them credit it. If it were me, I would buy the minimum number of Aeroplan miles just to be on the safe side, and get IHG points for this stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.