Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Combining Points

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2018, 10:07 am
Original Poster

Combining Points

I'm going to be transferring my SPG points to my Marriott points. So once that is done will I be able to transfer those Marriott points to my IHG account ?
Not sure if this matters but I don't have a Marriott cc or either Chase Sapphire but I do have an IHG cc. Thanks
Old Mar 6, 2018, 5:56 pm

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
Originally Posted by Caribgrl
I'm going to be transferring my SPG points to my Marriott points. So once that is done will I be able to transfer those Marriott points to my IHG account ?
Not sure if this matters but I don't have a Marriott cc or either Chase Sapphire but I do have an IHG cc. Thanks
The simple answer is NO.

Some hotel reward programs allow for the exchange of points through Points.com, however, Marriott/Starwood are not partners in the exchange program.
Caribgrl likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Can't be done. And if you manage to find a website that promises to do it for you, you'll lose so much of the value that it won't be worth it.

Might I ask why you think that moving SPG points to Marriott makes any difference?
Caribgrl likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 8:07 am
Original Poster

I haven't transferred anything yet but being new at this I am just trying to simplify things rather than having so many account to keep up with. Plus I do stay at more Marriott's which is why I have more points there. Not sure if that transfer may come to bite me in the butt one day or not...��

But next trip is involving IHG which is why I was looking for more points for them. Thanks for the responses.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
I haven't transferred anything yet but being new at this I am just trying to simplify things rather than having so many account to keep up with. Plus I do stay at more Marriott's which is why I have more points there. Not sure if that transfer may come to bite me in the butt one day or not...��

But next trip is involving IHG which is why I was looking for more points for them. Thanks for the responses.
Check out Award Wallet. Keeps track of everything for you, although I believe you need to pay a nominal amount each year to get the tracking of expiration dates.
Caribgrl likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 9:02 am
Community Director Emerita

Plus I do stay at more Marriott's which is why I have more points there. Not sure if that transfer may come to bite me in the butt one day or not...��
You can easily move the points back to Starwood should need arise. Marriott owns Starwood, thus the ability to move between those two programs. At some point we expect the programs to merge and the currency to become one.
Caribgrl likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 9:51 am
Original Poster

Two become one...That would be awesome. Another question how long would it take the points transferred to Marriott to show up on the Marriott account? TIA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.