Brand standard for Lounges at Intercontinental Hotels?

Old Mar 13, 2018, 9:48 am

Programs: BAEC, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Susiew237
Hi KathyMarie, IC Sydney may let you stay on with club access but certainly not guaranteed - personally I find they can be a little bit haughty at this hotel even though I do love it for the location. However after the free evening drinks/canapes session is over you can use the lounge (I think you have to book). My feeling is that opening up the lounge to the general hotel populace is what is making it start to look worn out. It definitely needs a complete refresh, but the view is one of the best in the world. You should definitely be able to take a guest in with you.

Food is ok in the evening. I recall oysters (which I dont like), a selection of dips/humus, cheeses/cold meats etc and of course the standard 4 item hot tasting dish. It didnt wow me. Breakfast is the usual options - I'm not sure how it would fit with dairy intolerances.
Just to update, for future reference for anyone else. I was not allowed Club access for the duration of the stay - just for 2 nights (and on one of those the Club was closed for a private event - I had to complain pre-arrival to get it extended to monday evening so I would actually get 2 nights ' access), I would have had to pay AUD 200 per night for continued access. This was definitely not worth it for me.

They were not great at catering for dietary requirements - I had to request soya milk for breakfast the first day, and twice I was given normal milk instead of soya with my tea. The food was labelled for containing nuts/gluten but not dairy, which was just confusing. They had to check with the kitchen if food contained dairy for lunch - and very few did not. The breakfast buffet spread was ok on the second morning when they had laid out soya milk and margarine - there was no dairy-free spread on the first morning I was there, which seemed strange. They advised me to phone ahead sunday evening to request a dairy-free warm canape be made for me - they seem to be doing 2 types of warm canape now instead of 3.

The cold evening spread was ok - meats and dips and salad and nuts and fruit I could eat.

I took a guest with me monday night and she did enjoy the macarons and the cheese with her cocktails.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.