Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 11, 2018, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
A tradition of Kimpton is to have secret social passwords periodically during the year (note - this means there are periods when there isn't a password). Any guest mentioning the password at check-in will be given an amenity at the discretion of the hotel. This thread lists the current password and what members received.

Based on recent history, there is a winter password that starts around the US Thanksgiving Holiday in November through the end of February and a summer password that starts around the US Memorial Day Weekend in May and ends around the US Labor Day Holiday in September.

Current Password "Chalet All Day"
Valid Between 1 December 2023 and 29 February 2024

Official postings will come from Kimpton via social media such as Facebook, Instagram, and X (fka., Twitter).
The thread documenting what was offered in previous years may be found here - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/othe...rd-thread.html

Q. What happens if a property isn't aware of the secret password promotion?
A. If you have a mobile device, go to Kimpton's Facebook or Instagram feed, find their post announcing the secret password, and show it to the uninformed staff member. If needed, escalate to a supervisor. After the fact, send a note to IHG Customer Care or post a message via social media to Kimpton's attention.

Q. Is the promotion limited to IHG Rewards/IC Ambassador members only?
A. No, the promotion is open to any guest with a reservation at the hotel.

Q. Is the promotion good for award stays or is it only for paid stays?
A. The promotion is good for any stay, paid or award.

Q. What if I forget to mention the password when I check in?
A. You can always try and mention it at the front desk later during your stay and see if they will honor it. YMMV.

Older Post
November 2017 to December 2018
Print Wikipost

The Kimpton Hotels Secret Password Experience Thread (2019 Onward)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2019, 8:28 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, CC Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, DL PM
My family just left the Kimpton in Amsterdam and the Secret Password gave them free breakfast for 2 nights.
puck021 and remymartin like this.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 4:44 pm

Programs: Kimpton IC, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
Hotel Monaco DC

Two rooms booked. They ran out of the gift bags so we received $50 F&B per room. I definitely preferred this over the normal offering. The front desk manager 1st offered comp brunch when checking in, but then later wisely clarified via text $100 total. I was getting gitty for an endless mimosa brunch feast lol....

Both rooms upgraded to Premier Monte Carlo. 1st time in a while we haven't been upgraded to a suite there. One suite was available at the time of check in. but the older gentleman checking us in said no suites were available.

I have to say the area around the Capital One Arena is becoming more and more sketchy at night.....
Old Jul 2, 2019, 9:09 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Originally Posted by 4235pilot
Two rooms booked. They ran out of the gift bags so we received $50 F&B per room. I definitely preferred this over the normal offering. The front desk manager 1st offered comp brunch when checking in, but then later wisely clarified via text $100 total. I was getting gitty for an endless mimosa brunch feast lol....

Both rooms upgraded to Premier Monte Carlo. 1st time in a while we haven't been upgraded to a suite there. One suite was available at the time of check in. but the older gentleman checking us in said no suites were available.

I have to say the area around the Capital One Arena is becoming more and more sketchy at night.....
You did extremely well. The gift bags were probably worth about $3. I left the contents in the room. Plastic sunglasses, a postcard, etc .....

Other than Metro to/from airport, walked everywhere including at night. One of the reasons I like this property is the location because it’s easy to get around. Was not at all worried in the area at night. Of course, one has to be careful, it’s a big city. Now, Shaw is a different story but getting better.

The thing I don’t like at the Monaco DC is the amenity fee. A clear cash grab.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 2:54 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia

"Spin The Wheel" promotion with the following prizes:
  • Atelier Bloem bath & body kit
  • Breakfast for Two
  • Philly Special - Tickets for Two (not sure what this was)
  • Wild Card
  • Spa Kit
  • 5,000 IHG Points
Our spin landed us the IHG points, which were promptly deposited into my account.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 11:32 am

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by 4235pilot
I stay here almost every other week and have never once felt unsafe in the area around the hotel or the arena.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 10:49 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by KathinJax
My family just left the Kimpton in Amsterdam and the Secret Password gave them free breakfast for 2 nights.
Same here - the other offered option was free parking.
KathinJax likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by Lewis42
as an IC, got 2 free drinks at the bar.

Ontop of the £15 raid the bar AND another 2 free drinks vouchers.

So in the end had like £70 of free drinks!
Strange that I didn't even get the Raid the Bar credit offered when I stayed there in late April.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 3:12 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by KathinJax
Interesting. I was at the Kimpton De Witt in Amsterdam from July 5th to the 8th, and only received one free breakfast voucher.
KathinJax likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 5:06 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MASTERNC
Strange that I didn't even get the Raid the Bar credit offered when I stayed there in late April.
I would complain. That’s s stated required program benefit.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 7:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by puck021

I would complain. That’s s stated required program benefit.
It doesn't sound like it was declined. It sounds like someone forgot to mention it at check-in, or the OP simply chose not to inquire.

As you said, it's a stated benefit, so no real reason to wait for it to be offered.
puck021 likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 4:08 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Kimpton Canary in Santa Barbara

$20.00 F&B credit added to folio in addition to the $10.00 raid the mini bar credit.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 4:44 pm

Kimpton Rowan, Palm Springs

A can of rosé and a bandana in a gift bag.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 11:48 am

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Kimpton Nine Zero, Boston.
free movie. Love this hotel. Checked my bill and had to remind them to credit the movie. Small thing. Always good to check. Still a fan.

Last edited by beachmiles; Jul 20, 2019 at 12:13 pm
Old Jul 22, 2019, 11:53 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Marriott Silver, HH Gold
Kimpton Hotel Eventi in NYC Herald Square, July 2019. $20 F&B at The Vine which is nice (and covered gratuity), and a small beach ball, sand bucket and shovel with the bucket filled with hard candies. We used the F&B but left the bucket.

Check-in agent appeared surprised/excited when I used the password, lol.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 7:33 pm

Kimpton Allegro in Chicago plays a card game. Prize depends on what you draw and ranges from late checkout (2) to an upgrade (Ace). I got another $10 Raid the Bar and my boss got a free appetizer in the restaurant. The clerk was was very enthusiastic when I said the passcode (especially since I threw it into a casual sentence).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.