Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 11, 2018, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
A tradition of Kimpton is to have secret social passwords periodically during the year (note - this means there are periods when there isn't a password). Any guest mentioning the password at check-in will be given an amenity at the discretion of the hotel. This thread lists the current password and what members received.

Based on recent history, there is a winter password that starts around the US Thanksgiving Holiday in November through the end of February and a summer password that starts around the US Memorial Day Weekend in May and ends around the US Labor Day Holiday in September.

Current Password "Chalet All Day"
Valid Between 1 December 2023 and 29 February 2024

Official postings will come from Kimpton via social media such as Facebook, Instagram, and X (fka., Twitter).
The thread documenting what was offered in previous years may be found here - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/othe...rd-thread.html

Q. What happens if a property isn't aware of the secret password promotion?
A. If you have a mobile device, go to Kimpton's Facebook or Instagram feed, find their post announcing the secret password, and show it to the uninformed staff member. If needed, escalate to a supervisor. After the fact, send a note to IHG Customer Care or post a message via social media to Kimpton's attention.

Q. Is the promotion limited to IHG Rewards/IC Ambassador members only?
A. No, the promotion is open to any guest with a reservation at the hotel.

Q. Is the promotion good for award stays or is it only for paid stays?
A. The promotion is good for any stay, paid or award.

Q. What if I forget to mention the password when I check in?
A. You can always try and mention it at the front desk later during your stay and see if they will honor it. YMMV.

Older Post
November 2017 to December 2018
Print Wikipost

The Kimpton Hotels Secret Password Experience Thread (2019 Onward)

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2019, 9:13 pm

Was at the La Peer in West Hollywood and got a choice of a small limoncello or a can of rosé. Also came with two single-use packs of sunblock.

Expected more from the La Peer...
Old May 28, 2019, 1:40 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I advised a friend who was checking out of the Kimpton Buchanan in San Francisco to say the password (she wasn’t aware of the promotion). They gave her a “Raid the Bar” bag full of minibar snacks.
Old May 28, 2019, 9:23 pm

This bag is something they give all guests upon check in because they “do not offer the convenience of a minibar” because of permit issues. What a shame!
Old May 29, 2019, 4:17 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire Amb, Hyatt Globalist
At the Monaco in Chicago, they were super nice at check-in and offered me a choice of a cocktail, wine bottle, or movie. He gave me two cocktail vouchers.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 2:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards-Lifetime Titanium, Priority Club-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, United-Silver
Checked into the Vero Beach Kimpton. After you give them the secret password, they present you with a board that has about 10 flip flops velcroed to it. They ask you to select one. The one I picked gave me 2 free drinks each with a value of up to $14 each.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 3:21 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Monaco DC: goodie bag (paper) with a sun visor, a postcard, and plastic sunglasses. Very odd choice for a city location. Seem to recall someone posting last summer about a similar password gift at this property. Rather disappointing and simply doesn’t compare to things mentioned by other posters.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 7:28 pm

Yesterday at the Everly Hotel in Hollywood. After stating password, they pulled out a Plinko board a la The Price is Right. Possible prizes were: free movie, free upgrade, late check out and free hug.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 12:02 am

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
Today at the Palomar in San Diego I got to use a little fishing rod to fish for ocean creatures. I first got a free upgrade but already had a great skyline suite. My next choice won me two free drinks, which were excellent at Curadaro.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 10:32 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Fitzroy London

as an IC, got 2 free drinks at the bar.

Ontop of the £15 raid the bar AND another 2 free drinks vouchers.

So in the end had like £70 of free drinks!
puck021 likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 11:48 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Two Washington DC Kimptons the past couple weeks as Spire Elite:
  • Mason & Rook - spun the wheel and landed on $25 food/bev credit (for room service, on-site restaurants/bars, mini bar credit on top of Raid the Bar). Other options I can recall included Free Parking, Bottle of Wine, $10 food/bev credit, etc.
  • Carlyle Hotel - staff wasn't aware of it, but asked and said they could provide a $25 food/bev credit.
puck021 likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 6:18 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Elite/Inner Circle, Hilton HHonors Gold, AA Platinum, Delta Gold
Mason and Rook: spin board. I got two continental breakfasts (which was quite good actually)
puck021 likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 11:54 am

Mason & Rook

I also spun the wheel, and I got two free drinks. Not too shabby. Sadly this awesome hotel is leaving the Kimpton chain after this week.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 8:57 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by AICML
I checked in yesterday and they weren’t aware the promo started. Stopped by the front desk today and they hadn’t thought about what to offer yet, so a $20 food and beverage credit for now.
I stayed this weekend, still a $20 food and beverage credit. I used it towards breakfast one morning.

Also got a $15 minibar credit for IHG platinum status.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 11:59 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by puck021
I also spun the wheel, and I got two free drinks. Not too shabby. Sadly this awesome hotel is leaving the Kimpton chain after this week.
Wait, what? Really? Any additional details?
Old Jun 30, 2019, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by be_rettSEA
Wait, what? Really? Any additional details?
The Mason &Rook and Donovan are leaving Kimtpon to become Viceroys this week. I don’t care as much about the Donovan, but the Mason & Rook is a big loss.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.