The Kimpton Hotels Secret Password Experience Thread (2018 Onward)

Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 28, 18, 5:55 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Wiki Link
A tradition of Kimpton is to have secret social passwords periodically during the year. Any guest mentioning the password at check-in will be given an amenity at the discretion of the hotel. This thread lists the current password and what members received.

The current password is: "Chilled to Perfection" and is good between November 23, 2018 and February 17th, 2019

Official postings will come from http://www.facebook.com/Kimpton
The thread documenting what was offered in previous years may be found here - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/othe...rd-thread.html

Q. What happens if a property isn't aware of the secret password promotion?
A. If you have a mobile device, go to Kimpton's Facebook or Instagram feed, find their post announcing the secret password, and show it to the uninformed staff member. If needed, escalate to a supervisor. After the fact, send a note to IHG Customer Care or post a message via social media to Kimpton's attention.

Q. Is the promotion limited to IHG Rewards/IC Ambassador members only?
A. No, the promotion is open to any guest with a reservation at the hotel.

Q. Is the promotion good for award stays or is it only for paid stays?
A. The promotion is good for any stay, paid or award.

Q. What if I forget to mention the password when I check in?
A. You can always try and mention it at the front desk later during your stay and see if they will honor it. YMMV.
Print Wikipost

Old Nov 29, 18, 3:33 pm

Programs: Variety of rectangular cards with my name on it
Kimpton Sir Francis Drake in San Francisco on November 25:

They weren't prepared. I was the first to do it. They offered a free movie, but I just asked for 2 drink tickets at the bar. They usually have a jar or something that you can pick things out of that would have choices.
Old Nov 30, 18, 10:34 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Plat, Hertz 5*
Kimpton Monaco Chicago gave me three options:

1. Bottle of wine or a cheese plate
2; Free movie
3. Free 2pm late checkout

I took:
Old Dec 1, 18, 8:07 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, BA Executive Blue, IHG Platinum Elite,Kimpton.
Currently staying at the Kimpton Alexis Seattle, pick a chocolate at check in, colour of wrapper corresponds to benefit, we got free parking, which was a win for us, $86 value for two nights
Old Dec 6, 18, 8:12 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, IHG Platinum Elite, HHonors Silver, Marriott Silver, SPG, AGR
Currently at the Kimpton Madera in DC and they gave me a choice between a free cocktail and free breakfast. I went with the cocktail, as I don't eat breakfast. I also got a free drink voucher for being platinum due to the credit card (I think?), and a $10 minibar credit - their platinum welcome amenity - that can also be used in their restaurant. So, just had two $15 cocktails and am currently enjoying what will be a free dessert. That right there is practically the annual fee on the credit card.
Old Dec 6, 18, 10:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL/UA G (SC/UC), B6 M, Marriott LTG, Omni PLT, Hyatt Exp, Fairmont Prem, Hilton G
Marlowe Hotel - Cambridge, MA

Front desk was excited to be told the password. I was offered a tray with glasses that said, stir, sip, or something. Went with stir which ended up being a free cocktail. Staff at this hotel is truly fantastic. Had a "Welcome back" note from the staff with fruit plate, bottled water, and a bottle of Cabernet. Living only three blocks away, it's a perfect place to put up family in town. The Miracle Bar, holiday themed pop up bar in the lobby was popular and lunch at the restaurant was fantastic. Always enjoy stopping by here.
Old Dec 8, 18, 10:34 am

I’ve just checked into the Kimpton Fitzroy, London. The receptionist said the property doesn’t have a secret password as of yet, when I mentioned the password.

Palmer
Old Dec 8, 18, 12:31 pm

Programs: AS 75K, DL DM, UA 1K, AA EXP, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTPP, IHG IC, Hertz PC, National EE
Chicago Kimpton Allegro: They have a wheel you spin - got upgraded room on the first spin, but since they already upgraded me (to a crappy King Premier) I spun again and got two free drinks. I'll take it, but was hoping for free breakfast or something (didn't see that on the wheel but didn't look closely).
Old Dec 10, 18, 4:57 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
Monaco - Philly

Today got to draw a snowman out of a basket and two dots on the bottom got me a $15 bar credit. Iíll take that since it stacks wirh the Raid the Bar card.

This is a good Kimpton.
beltway and beachmiles like this.
Old Dec 10, 18, 5:45 pm

Hotel Monaco Seattle 12/5. I was given three cards and told to choose one. First one was free in-room hot cocoa or coffee. I must have made an unintentional, unimpressed face, so was asked to pick another. Free overnight valet. Solid, but I didn't have a car. So, took the third, which was an in-room wine flight. Came back to my room later to a bottle of Manhattan from the bar. Sort of random, but delicious.

Staying at Hotel Born in Denver and Palomar in Beverley Hills over the next week so we'll see what happens there...
puck021 and beachmiles like this.
Old Dec 14, 18, 10:22 am

Can anyone comment on the Epic Miami? Thanks!
Old Dec 15, 18, 12:12 am

Originally Posted by HughMann View Post
Can anyone comment on the Epic Miami? Thanks!

Kimpton Epic Miami winter secret password 2018

Sunglasses and a branded sweat band
Old Dec 15, 18, 12:50 am

Programs: UA gold; WN A; PC plat; Marriott Gold
Hotel Monaco Portland. Choose the items from a basket: a stuffed animal deer, some kind of a flask, a bag of skincare products, a small container of some kind of alcohol.
Old Dec 15, 18, 11:11 am

Programs: IHG Spire Elite Kimpton Inner Circle. AA Plat; AS MVP Gold; SW: A-list; UA, DL: nuttin'!
Lorien Hotel and Spa, Alexandria, VA. Winter secret password 2018-2019.
Picked a plastic mini-wine bottle from a set of 5 or 6, each labeled with a different kind of wine, sitting in a mini wine-chiller bucket with plastic ice cubes. Opened bottle and retrieved small note tied with twine. Unwrapped and opened note.
Received an 8 oz. Kimpton-branded, stainless steel, whiskey flask, which was nice for me because I didn't own such a flask.

Lorien Hotel and Spa. Winter Secret Password 2018-2019.
beltway likes this.
Old Dec 15, 18, 11:18 am

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt something, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Plat , Marriott, Sixt Platinum
Kimpton Nine Zero, Boston

Pick one of Five Brass canisters. Gift written on the bottom. We picked a bottle of champagne. Good Pick. Other canisters had, free in room movie, extra $10 raid the mini bar, bar restaurant credit ( no sure how much), and something else.
Nice stay. Good location.
Old Yesterday, 12:13 pm

Kimpton Allegro, Chicago

Spun the small, hand-held wheel. Just as I was saying hope I don't get the 2 p.m. check-out, it landed there--sort of, in between 2 drinks at the bar. Front desk agent said, you'd rather have this one, wouldn't you? As she moved it toward the 2 drinks. Bar tender said the offer was for drinks less than $13, several times. All cocktails on the menu were $13. I asked if he was meaning we couldn't order those. He said he'd do us a favor and let us have the $13 menu items. I think that win had the most value of the possibilities (no breakfast, no parking).