Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 11, 2018, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
A tradition of Kimpton is to have secret social passwords periodically during the year (note - this means there are periods when there isn't a password). Any guest mentioning the password at check-in will be given an amenity at the discretion of the hotel. This thread lists the current password and what members received.

Based on recent history, there is a winter password that starts around the US Thanksgiving Holiday in November through the end of February and a summer password that starts around the US Memorial Day Weekend in May and ends around the US Labor Day Holiday in September.

Current Password "Chalet All Day"
Valid Between 1 December 2023 and 29 February 2024

Official postings will come from Kimpton via social media such as Facebook, Instagram, and X (fka., Twitter).
The thread documenting what was offered in previous years may be found here - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/othe...rd-thread.html

Q. What happens if a property isn't aware of the secret password promotion?
A. If you have a mobile device, go to Kimpton's Facebook or Instagram feed, find their post announcing the secret password, and show it to the uninformed staff member. If needed, escalate to a supervisor. After the fact, send a note to IHG Customer Care or post a message via social media to Kimpton's attention.

Q. Is the promotion limited to IHG Rewards/IC Ambassador members only?
A. No, the promotion is open to any guest with a reservation at the hotel.

Q. Is the promotion good for award stays or is it only for paid stays?
A. The promotion is good for any stay, paid or award.

Q. What if I forget to mention the password when I check in?
A. You can always try and mention it at the front desk later during your stay and see if they will honor it. YMMV.

Older Post
November 2017 to December 2018
Print Wikipost

The Kimpton Hotels Secret Password Experience Thread (2019 Onward)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2019, 2:27 am

Programs: NH Dia/SFlyer, JL Crystal/JGC, MB Plat, WoHyatt Glob, IHG Dia Amb, HHonors Dia
Kimpton Shorebreak Resort in Huntington Beach plays a flip cup game. You get 5 cups. 1 point if the cup lands face down or face up. 1 point gives you an appetiser or a desert, 2 points movie night, 1000 IHG points or $20 restaurant credit, 3 points give you an upgraded room, an amenity or 1:30 pm late checkout. With 0 points I was given a free desert, but didn’t make use of it.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 2:31 am

Programs: NH Dia/SFlyer, JL Crystal/JGC, MB Plat, WoHyatt Glob, IHG Dia Amb, HHonors Dia
Kimpton Wilshire in LA gives you the choice btw. 1000 IHG points or one free movie. One of the check in staff mentioned a $25 credit for the restaurant as the third choice, but the other staff corrected her that they stopped giving that choice. I chose a free movie.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 6:42 pm

Programs: Clubcarlson Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire AMB etc.
Kimpton Miami Angler's hotel: Fish a fish from a basket. Got a fish with resort fee waived.
Kimpton San Diego Solomar: spin a wheel. Got free bottle of nice red.
Kimpton Eventi NY: 25$ restaurant credit.
(Very happy with all 3 hotels)
Old Aug 6, 2019, 6:13 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
San Diego Palomar

i checked in and agent said that since I was already an Inner Circle the only two options that I didn’t already get were free movie or free drink. I chose that and she gave me two. So including the Raid the Bar that saved me $50. Nice reward.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 9:44 am

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Kimpton Monaco DC

When I arrived at the Kimpton Monaco DC this past weekend, I was told they just had a large group check in and they went through all their bags. Instead, I was offered a $50 F&B credit. With that plus the $10 raid the bar credit, I had a nice dinner, which was much better than whatever tchotchkes would have been in the usual gift bag.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 3:56 pm

Kimpton epic:
August 2019
Off duty= free breakfast for two and a toy for my 5 yr old.
Got a room upgrade from standard to premier water view
Old Aug 15, 2019, 9:19 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by shocky
Kimpton Miami Angler's hotel: Fish a fish from a basket. Got a fish with resort fee waived.
Kimpton San Diego Solomar: spin a wheel. Got free bottle of nice red.
Kimpton Eventi NY: 25$ restaurant credit.
(Very happy with all 3 hotels)
Whats the password for Kimpton Eventi and is it good for August ?
Old Aug 15, 2019, 9:52 am
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
The code is the same everywhere: "Off duty."
Old Aug 15, 2019, 10:36 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Thank You!
Old Aug 18, 2019, 11:03 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA (Gold), Alaska MVP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, SPG Gold,
Hotel Vintage Seattle

Keeping with the wine theme after we asked the check in agent when he'd be getting off duty he grinned and pulled out a wine glass filled with corks. Each cork has a prize written on it. Hubby pulled out a cork that ended up being for $25 off the restaurant. Since we had the pups with us we used it for room service (from the restaurant). Combined with the $10 off coupon for declining housekeeping it was a nice savings for a great meal. Plus since we were celebrating my birthday the hotel sent up a bottle of wine.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 9:42 am

Programs: WN A-list Preferred and CP, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, RIP Kimpton
Stayed at Kimpton Epic Hotel in Miami. I was presented with a few choices including "two free movies, breakfast for two, or two drink vouchers." I mentioned that parking had been an option in many of my prior stays and was told "oh yeah we can definitely take care of your parking." Given that parking is $44/night and I was there for two nights, I was quite happy with the outcome.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 4:52 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
Hotel Monaco Chicago

No game but the agent offered me upgrade, let check out or a free movie. I was already upgraded to the best suite, already got late check out as an Inner Circle, and we didn’t want to watch a movie. I pushed back a bit and we got a $25 drink voucher. Little weak effort here
Old Aug 26, 2019, 12:19 am

Kimpton Buchanan SF - they offered from 3 wine selections (cab, chardonnay, or reisling), I chose a reisling. When they brought it out, it ended up being a full 750ml (larger than I expected since we've only gotten half bottles from other kimpton stays in the past), though the value is only around $9 when I searched online after. They also offered a small box of chocolates.

​​​​​​
Old Aug 27, 2019, 1:38 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
Kimpton Boston Nine Zero

Mentioned the password and out came a game where I had to choose a starfish and a prize was on the bottom.

Won 2 x raid the bar vouchers which was great.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 12:27 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, AS MVP Gold
Don’t even waste your time at the Sir Francis Drake in SF, got a small tote bag with a little blow up beach ball and a mini sun screen....so lame. They also blocked us into a suite and then day of checkin knocked us down to a deluxe king, I know it’s based on availability, but this hotel is constantly playing games and seems to do the bare minimum brand standard. I’d avoid this hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.