Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 11, 2018, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
A tradition of Kimpton is to have secret social passwords periodically during the year (note - this means there are periods when there isn't a password). Any guest mentioning the password at check-in will be given an amenity at the discretion of the hotel. This thread lists the current password and what members received.

Based on recent history, there is a winter password that starts around the US Thanksgiving Holiday in November through the end of February and a summer password that starts around the US Memorial Day Weekend in May and ends around the US Labor Day Holiday in September.

Current Password "Chalet All Day"
Valid Between 1 December 2023 and 29 February 2024

Official postings will come from Kimpton via social media such as Facebook, Instagram, and X (fka., Twitter).
The thread documenting what was offered in previous years may be found here - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/othe...rd-thread.html

Q. What happens if a property isn't aware of the secret password promotion?
A. If you have a mobile device, go to Kimpton's Facebook or Instagram feed, find their post announcing the secret password, and show it to the uninformed staff member. If needed, escalate to a supervisor. After the fact, send a note to IHG Customer Care or post a message via social media to Kimpton's attention.

Q. Is the promotion limited to IHG Rewards/IC Ambassador members only?
A. No, the promotion is open to any guest with a reservation at the hotel.

Q. Is the promotion good for award stays or is it only for paid stays?
A. The promotion is good for any stay, paid or award.

Q. What if I forget to mention the password when I check in?
A. You can always try and mention it at the front desk later during your stay and see if they will honor it. YMMV.

Older Post
November 2017 to December 2018
Print Wikipost

The Kimpton Hotels Secret Password Experience Thread (2019 Onward)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2019, 1:06 pm
soy

Programs: various
Kimpton Seafire Jan 2019, handed a bag with local Cayman products; Rumcakes, Sea Salt and Gourmet Pepper Jelly.
An improvement from the bar of soap that was reported here in late 2018

don't know how to post photos, so text only
Old Jan 23, 2019, 10:55 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ajb160
Kimpton Mason & Rook in DC. 1/19-21. No gift at check-in.
Did you say the Secret Password? They have a wheel and everyone I know who had stayed there had gotten a spin at it.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by soy
Kimpton Seafire Jan 2019, handed a bag with local Cayman products; Rumcakes, Sea Salt and Gourmet Pepper Jelly.
An improvement from the bar of soap that was reported here in late 2018

don't know how to post photos, so text only

I was here at the same timeframe and received the same secret password bag. My kids loved the rum cake.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 1:57 am

Programs: Various
Kimpton Rowan
Palm Springs,CA
January 2019

After mentioning the password phrase, I was first offered something by being asked if I liked to drink. When I stated no, I was offered a late check out (forgetting that PLT status gives this benefit) and was given 2:00 pm instead of 11:00 am
Old Feb 3, 2019, 6:43 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Elite/Inner Circle, Hilton HHonors Gold, AA Platinum, Delta Gold
Offered a free drink or free movie.

Kimpton Cardinal - Winston-Salem NC
Old Feb 4, 2019, 11:55 am

Programs: UA PG, IHG Diamond Amb
Does this work Worldwide or is it US only?
Old Feb 5, 2019, 4:05 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
it's for any Kimpton-branded hotel; note the reports from places like the Seafire in Grand Cayman above.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Kimpton Vintage - Seattle, WA

Although Kimpton incidentals do not qualify for IHG points, because of the current American Express sync offer on Kimpton spending I wanted to clarify that bar and restaurant charges could be made to the room (checkout folio item); yes, they can.

When I brought up the password at the end of checkout, manager produced a small bucket with a dozen or so fortune coookie slips. She pawed through them a bit, asked if I had a car, which I didn't, and then went ahead with offering a $25 bar/restaurant credit instead, no lucky dipping in the container. Bartender applied that voucher, with an additional $10 Raid the Bar credit at checkout.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 7:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
Headed to Hotel Monaco Baltimore on Sat., do they participate?
Old Feb 13, 2019, 7:33 pm

As stated three posts above, all Kimpton-branded properties are supposed to; YMMV.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 10:02 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Southwest ALP & CP, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Originally Posted by puck021
Kimpton Solamar San Diego. Choose a fake ice cube from an ice bucket with a tongs. I got an upgrade but was already in the Master’s suite. Chose again and got a bottle of bubbly. Co-worker got free appetizer and then they had him draw again and got 2 cupcakes. Nicely done Solamar.
Impressed with the Solamar's handling of the password as well. Pulled the cube for the bottle of sparkling wine and was asked if there was something else I would prefer.
puck021 likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by mr_sparky
Week of 1/7
  • DC Monaco gave me an I Love DC mug, wine opener (Which I had to give away b/c of TSA), Kimpton key chain, and Monaco notebook
I only was given the mug when I checked in last night; guess they are out of the other items.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 10:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Kimpton Palldian - Seattle, WA

An odd experience, as when I gave the password the clerk didn't seem to realize there was (another) active promo period, but took my word for it. When I tried pinning him down as to the benefit, he vaguely threw the ball back at me with "It's (kinda) whatever you want." We settled on sending a bottle of wine to my room.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 8:08 pm

New period starts tomorrow

Today is February 17th, the last day of the current "Chilled to Perfection" password. Why hasn't the new one been posted on Kimpton's website? What if we are checking in tomorrow?
Old Feb 17, 2019, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't think they are consecutive like regular promotions - more that they pop up every so often on an intermittent basis.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.