Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 11, 2018, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
A tradition of Kimpton is to have secret social passwords periodically during the year (note - this means there are periods when there isn't a password). Any guest mentioning the password at check-in will be given an amenity at the discretion of the hotel. This thread lists the current password and what members received.

Based on recent history, there is a winter password that starts around the US Thanksgiving Holiday in November through the end of February and a summer password that starts around the US Memorial Day Weekend in May and ends around the US Labor Day Holiday in September.

Current Password "Chalet All Day"
Valid Between 1 December 2023 and 29 February 2024

Official postings will come from Kimpton via social media such as Facebook, Instagram, and X (fka., Twitter).
The thread documenting what was offered in previous years may be found here - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/othe...rd-thread.html

Q. What happens if a property isn't aware of the secret password promotion?
A. If you have a mobile device, go to Kimpton's Facebook or Instagram feed, find their post announcing the secret password, and show it to the uninformed staff member. If needed, escalate to a supervisor. After the fact, send a note to IHG Customer Care or post a message via social media to Kimpton's attention.

Q. Is the promotion limited to IHG Rewards/IC Ambassador members only?
A. No, the promotion is open to any guest with a reservation at the hotel.

Q. Is the promotion good for award stays or is it only for paid stays?
A. The promotion is good for any stay, paid or award.

Q. What if I forget to mention the password when I check in?
A. You can always try and mention it at the front desk later during your stay and see if they will honor it. YMMV.

Older Post
November 2017 to December 2018
Print Wikipost

The Kimpton Hotels Secret Password Experience Thread (2019 Onward)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2019, 10:37 am

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
I got a nice bar credit at the Surfcomber in the summer version of this.
Old Dec 25, 2019, 3:44 pm

Programs: BA GGL, NH SFC, IHG Diamond, Radisson VIP, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by puck021
Oh nice, thank you! I will try the current one.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 9:57 am

Programs: AMEX PLT, AA PPro, Spire AMB
At the Shorebreak in Huntington Beach. They knew about the password and we played the Space Force game. Gave us an intro, a practice run and then 3 tries. Got one of the harder ones and chose 2 cocktails from the bar. The two hardest...was some reimbursement of resort fees and/or points, etc. Regardless, really fun and the staff were really into it. Got to play with it just for fun as well...and now buying the Space Force game for home as a drinking game.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 4:24 pm

At Kimpton Rowan in Palm Springs this past stay, it was choose a number between 1-5. Received 2 vouchers for drinks worth $13 each.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 11:30 pm

Programs: BA GGL, NH SFC, IHG Diamond, Radisson VIP, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Kimpton Surfcomber

Originally Posted by puck021
A draw game was offered. You choose one Christmas house out of four, I got one free movie & snacks... I don't know the other three prizes.

I was told that as far as the receptionist remembered, I was the third person who used the password at this property. He said there were few people who knew this game.

Last edited by Dark Blue; Dec 28, 2019 at 11:40 pm
Old Dec 29, 2019, 10:27 am

Programs: IHG Ambassador/Spire Elite/Kimpton Inner Circle. AA: Plat. SW, UA, DL, Alaska: nuttin'!
Hotel Van Zandt

Checked in to HVZ on December 25th.
Asked to choose one of two handheld gift boxes.
Opened the chosen box to reveal: 5000 IHG points.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 1:21 pm

Hotel Rouge - Washington D.C.

They had a box behind the check-in desk with a bunch of folded-up pieces of paper inside. Took one out and got valet parking but I didn't park so I redrew and got 10,000 IHG points.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 1:22 pm

Hotel Monaco - Baltimore, MD

They had a box full of little plastic balls with folded pieces of paper inside. The pieces of paper were white, yellow and green. Drew 5,000 IHG points
Old Jan 1, 2020, 11:36 am

Kimpton Allegro in Chicago, you get to choose a piece of paper out of a Christmas box they have sitting on the counter. Mine was a free appetizer from their restaurant. I didn't even get to choose the appetizer, it was a small bite sized cheese thing that looked like it should've been free anyway. Hopefully there were other better prizes in there than that.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 7:51 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Elite, Ambassador, Inner Circle; Marriott/SPG Gold; Hilton Gold
Hotel Eventi (NYC)

Mentioned password and received a paper bag with 3 chocolates and a small plastic bag with 4 small pretzels and 2 small cookies.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 1:23 pm

Programs: IHG Ambassador/Spire Elite/Kimpton Inner Circle. AA: Plat. SW, UA, DL, Alaska: nuttin'!
Hotel Van Zandt, Austin (redux)

Checked in to HVZ on December 31st. They were very busy at check-in (New Year's Eve), so no presentation of the gift boxes was made. The clerk said he'd give me another upgrade if they had it, but he said he'd give me the choice of $20 food/beverage credit or 5000 IHG points.
I took the points, and they were deposited by the next morning.

Originally Posted by Phaeton
Checked in to HVZ on December 25th. Asked to choose one of two handheld gift boxes. Opened the chosen box to reveal: 5000 IHG points.
The 5000 IHG points failed to be deposited. Since there is no way to document the event, I'm disappointed but letting it slide.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by DevilCheese
Mine was a free appetizer from their restaurant. I didn't even get to choose the appetizer, it was a small bite sized cheese thing that looked like it should've been free anyway.
Sad!

Originally Posted by Wanderer22
Mentioned password and received a paper bag with 3 chocolates and a small plastic bag with 4 small pretzels and 2 small cookies.
Very sad!
Old Jan 3, 2020, 8:38 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Phaeton
Checked in to HVZ on December 31st. They were very busy at check-in (New Year's Eve), so no presentation of the gift boxes was made. The clerk said he'd give me another upgrade if they had it, but he said he'd give me the choice of $20 food/beverage credit or 5000 IHG points.
I took the points, and they were deposited by the next morning.

The 5000 IHG points failed to be deposited. Since there is no way to document the event, I'm disappointed but letting it slide.
I’m confused. You said they were deposited the next day but then they weren’t deposited? If they weren’t, I wouldn’t let it slide. Contact the hotel manager directly and then kimtpon.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 1:27 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Elite, Ambassador, Inner Circle; Marriott/SPG Gold; Hilton Gold
Hotel Monaco DC

Restored my faith in the password with a $40 F&B credit.
puck021 and madipides like this.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 2:08 pm

Kimpton Monaco Philadelphia

When I gave the password, the FDC brought out a wooden pegboard with various slots at the bottom. You put a wooden coin at the top & get whatever prize corresponds to the numbered slot it lands in.

Since my DW & I had individual back-to-back reservations, we each got a try. DW won a set of full-size (16oz) Atelier Bloem toiletries. At first I got the same thing, but the FDC let me try again; the prize ended up being 1,000 bonus points.

A few additional comments:
  • When we stayed in December 2018, the setup was picking little cotton snowmen out of a bucket snowscape. IIRC, we both got a $10 or $15 bar credit. Combined with Raid the Bar (x2, because we had BTB reservations) and Choose to Conserve, it was a pretty healthy credit in the aggregate.
  • If you opt for CTC, housekeeping will probably come do your room anyway. Weirdly, they brought us a second set of Atelier Bloem bottles on this latest stay.
Attached Images  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.