Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

Spire Inner Circle Benefit - Free Night at New Kimpton Hotel Offer (2018 - Onward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 11, 2018, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
A published benefit of Inner Circle status is a free night award at new Kimpton properties.

The list of hotels currently eligible for this offer are as follows:
  • Hollywood, CA - Kimpton Everly Hotel. "February 22 – June 30, 2018"
https://www.ihg.com/kimptonhotels/content/us/en/promos/kimpton-inner-circle-new-hotel-offers.html

Q. As an Inner Circle member, can I still take advantage of the New Kimpton Hotel Offer?
A. Of course! We can’t wait to continue to welcome our Inner Circle road warriors into our newest participating hotels (and we’ve got a lot of them).

Q. As an Inner Circle member, is the New Hotel Offer valid at non-Kimpton Hotels within the IHG family of brands?
A. Not at this time. The New Hotel Offer benefit is exclusive to new participating Kimpton hotels only and the benefit is generally extended for a limited time at the hotel’s choosing.

Q. Is the New Hotel Offer available to Spire (non-Inner Circle) members?
A. It doesn't appear so.
Print Wikipost

Spire Inner Circle Benefit - Free Night at New Kimpton Hotel Offer (2018 - Onward)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2018, 1:27 pm

Programs: IHG Spire / Kimpton Inner Circle, Delta Plat
Originally Posted by dw
So we're now into June and so far this year, there has only been one property as part of this benefit (and as the previous poster pointed out, The Everly has been "sold out" for the past two months). Anyone else have the feeling that this benefit is not long for this world?
For sure gone by end of year, I'm hoping we get Palm Springs before they kill it.

But since the Everly opened we still have -

Sawyer (Sacramento)
La Peer (LA)
Tryon Park (Charlotte)
Rowan (Palm Springs)
Born (Denver)
Old Jun 5, 2018, 3:40 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Aeroplan 25K, UA Silver
Definitely losing interest in maintaining my Spire Inner Circle status. Am thinking there will be a drop in the numbers for next year. Instead of Kimpton improving IHG, IHG has managed to drag Kimpton down in my opinion.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 7:19 pm

Programs: Alaska LTG, HHonors-Gld, IHG-Dia, LT MR Ti
Originally Posted by cocobird
Definitely losing interest in maintaining my Spire Inner Circle status. Am thinking there will be a drop in the numbers for next year. Instead of Kimpton improving IHG, IHG has managed to drag Kimpton down in my opinion.
How so?

Anyone renewed for Inner Circle for 2019 yet? If so, how many Kimpton nights/stays?
Old Jun 17, 2018, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by BarryL
How so?

Anyone renewed for Inner Circle for 2019 yet? If so, how many Kimpton nights/stays?
I don't think that IHG has set the IC requalification criteria yet.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 9:14 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
After the announcement of the new Tokyo hotel I thought about this new hotel offer again... still nothing! There's quite a stack of new hotels that need to have this offer released to...
Old Jul 22, 2018, 12:14 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by bworrell
After the announcement of the new Tokyo hotel I thought about this new hotel offer again... still nothing! There's quite a stack of new hotels that need to have this offer released to...
Maybe it’s fixed now, but when I checked the other day, the link actually took me to a Not Found page. Either they’re in the process of updating it with a new hotel offer, or it’s an ominous sign about the future of this benefit!
Old Jul 23, 2018, 9:15 pm

The page I see is still showing the old info (Everly Hotel offer which is now expired.)
Old Jul 24, 2018, 9:17 am
dw

Originally Posted by Graf von B
The page I see is still showing the old info (Everly Hotel offer which is now expired.)
Odd, I just tested it using Safari and Chrome (and also in incognito mode in case something with my computer's cookies is affecting it), and get only a 404 Not Found page.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 2:47 pm

Programs: UA G MM, AS 75K MVP, Delta Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Gold, PC Spire
Has IHG completely killed off this Inner Circle benefit? Nothing more has appeared.....
Old Aug 17, 2018, 4:21 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, AS MVP Gold
Seems like it but I haven't given up hope quite yet. I do know (from Maggie herself) that LaPeer won't be participating, she said they are the only hotel that specifically has opted out of this benefit.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 1:25 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Aeroplan 25K, UA Silver
Unbelievable...has anyone else noticed the new condition required to get a free night at a new hotel? Not that there have been any new hotel nights, but they still decided to restrict them. It says you must have three stays in the prior 12 months. Does that mean at a Kimpton or any IHG. Is it exactly based on the exact night you left (in other words, mid-month to mid-month or nearest month end or what? Does it mean paid stays or will award, free night certificate or point stays count? Also, hotels have the option to opt out so why would any hotel want to give away free stays? I think this benefit is dead.

Kimpton was my favorite program and I maintained Inner Circle status (or its equivalent when it had another name) for several years. IHG is nearly the last hotel I look at nowadays due to the lack of recognition and few benefits. I am so disappointed that I sent a note to customer service several weeks ago, which seemed to be surprised that anyone would be unhappy with the changes in the program. Needless to say, there has been no further response.

Last edited by cocobird; Oct 10, 2018 at 10:25 pm Reason: clarification
Old Oct 10, 2018, 8:44 am
dw

Originally Posted by cocobird
Unbelievable...has anyone else noticed the new condition required to get a free night at a new hotel? Not that there have been any new hotel nights, but they still decided to restrict them. It says you must have three stays in the prior 12 months.
Interesting find. I interpret two takeaways from this recent change:

1) At least this seems to imply that the benefit isn't dead and that there may (finally!) be another property coming up. Frankly, after having only The Everly for 2018 and nothing in the third quarter, I was starting to think this benefit was dying a slow death.

2) The 3 stay requirement is more interesting-- obviously anyone who qualifies for Inner Circle is going to have far more stays... so this seems to imply that perhaps they are projecting that they are not hitting their internal targets this year for Inner Circle numbers, and perhaps some who haven't stayed as much this year will get renewed for 2019 regardless, in hopes that their stay patterns improve. (But these Inner Circle "lites" won't have access to the new hotel free night.)
Old Oct 10, 2018, 8:04 pm

Programs: UA Silver, whatever the Amex plat gets me and somehow still IHG Diamond after 3 years of no nights
My take on the lack of IC new hotel nights in 2018 is that they are waiting for all of us who qualified for Spire/IC on the old Kimpton criteria to fall off since the new criteria requires you to make Spire AND stay at Kimpton enough to make their un-announced criteria for IC. Think about all the IC members who only stayed 14 nights at Kimpton will fall off. On top of that, i've had 2 Kimpton stays this year where the IHG system didn't recognize me as an IC (only as a Spire) and only got IC benefits because I made a point to say something, which I absolutely hate doing. Asking for benefits I should be getting sort of negates the point in my opinion. I likely wouldn't have re-made Spire on the new criteria, but I've been so disappointed with the change over that I've been moving stays to other programs. I'm not in a situation to be a top tier hotel level in any program, so I'm not mad, I get it. However I would have gone out of my way to keep IC under the old program because I really thought it was worth it.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 12:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Not having a consistently available new stay program is just another cut. Welcome amenities are generally down as well. And the nebulous qualification criteria annoyed me from the start. And the shift to IHG points took out the main reason for staying at the lesser Indigoish Kimptons like the Allegro in Chicago or the Topaz in DC.

In the middle of a work stay at the Everly last month, i decided to give up on requalifying for Inner Circle (I already qualified for Spire at 44 total nights as I have a fair number of Hix stays). The property was nice, the junior suite upgrade was good, the free pastry and espresso at Jane Q was a very nice touch. But the neighborhood was inconvenient, the price was higher than the Westin across the street from my meetings, and there are just not enough benefits to earn on leisure travel especially with a family member if I need a two bed room. And this was my best realistic Kimpton option in LA, a place I will be visiting 12-20 times between now and the end of 2020.

A free night in Palm Springs and a free night in Sacramento in a slow Q4 would have gone a little towards making me feel better. Instead i cancelled five upcoming 1-night work stays around the country.
Governator likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 11:35 am

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
Any news about this benefit? We haven't had any new offers in quite a while and the list is getting quite large of the new hotels that haven't done it yet...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.