Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kimpton Awards Are Now Available Using IHG Points

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2018, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
It's not you! They took years of almost no integration to do so now rather abruptly.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 1:07 pm

Why is 7 nights stay required at Kimpton Seafire for reward night to be bookable? I am looking at the end of December 2018. This means nobody can't use free night certificate from Chase IHG anniversary bonus to book Kimpton Seafire during winter break.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 2:52 pm

Programs: UAL,AA, Marriott Silver, IHG Platinum, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by lincoln boy
Why is 7 nights stay required at Kimpton Seafire for reward night to be bookable? I am looking at the end of December 2018. This means nobody can't use free night certificate from Chase IHG anniversary bonus to book Kimpton Seafire during winter break.

During winter break or ANY time? Yes I was trying to decide between 2 free certs IHG and pts for 2 nights and pay for 1 or 2 for 5-6 today or rent a Marriott TS in Maui. I haven't tried to book anything, over a year away for 20th Anniversary but man you have to do 7 nights in 1 block to use pts? That's nuts if I understand you right.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by tdfxman
During winter break or ANY time? Yes I was trying to decide between 2 free certs IHG and pts for 2 nights and pay for 1 or 2 for 5-6 today or rent a Marriott TS in Maui. I haven't tried to book anything, over a year away for 20th Anniversary but man you have to do 7 nights in 1 block to use pts? That's nuts if I understand you right.
I was only looking at Kimpton Grand Cayman property so not sure about other properties. But I was looking 12/22/2017-1/5/2018. within those dates Kimpton Seafire required 7 nights for you to be able to book with points.

Edit: looks like IHG fixed the 7 night stay requirement. so now you can use a free night certificate from Chase IHG credit card at this property during the festive season.

Last edited by lincoln boy; Jan 29, 2018 at 11:02 am Reason: IHG fixed it
Old Feb 1, 2018, 10:33 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Spire Amb
Just a note on success: We booked the Kimpton Seafire in Grand Caymans using 3 Chase free nights certs, and 4 nights at 70k each. As a spire ambassador, I will report back after our November stay as to how it was.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 3:45 pm

and still does anyone know if the fees are waived on award stays?...grand cayman hotels have a habit of adding mandatory fees for everything from energy surcharges to resort fees and I have argued with a few managers who try to add them on to the bill after you get there....I always carry full documentation of my booking with all of the fine print and book directly through the hotels own site, and refuse to pay any fees not disclosed up front.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 4:09 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Speaking specifically about the Seafire, I was charged the resort fee when I was using my legacy Kimpton Karma Free Night certs last year, so I suspect that is still the case under IHG's program.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 1:35 pm

Has anyone tried to request a cash upgrade to an award stay? ICs allow you to waitlist (or even confirm) upgrades ahead of time but I wasn't given any option on a 4nt award stay I booked recently at the Francis Drake in SF.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 8:28 am

Programs: DL Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
I had read conflicting reports about resort fees when booking with IHG points. We recently stayed at the Kimpton Palladian in Seattle for 4 nights. I was able to use the fourth night free promo with my IHG card when booking with points, so that was nice. I ended up having $69.36 charged to my card in resort fees for 4 nights. Guest Amenity Fee at this hotel is listed at $15 per night plus tax.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 9:08 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Elite/Inner Circle, Hilton HHonors Gold, AA Platinum, Delta Gold
I haven't paid resort fees on award nights. In fact last I recall I haven't paid resort fees even on paid stays but that might be because I'm spire and/or inner circle. I think it probably depends on the property if "resort fees" are waived, and when they are.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 9:10 am

Programs: DL Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by bimmerfreak0
I haven't paid resort fees on award nights. In fact last I recall I haven't paid resort fees even on paid stays but that might be because I'm spire and/or inner circle. I think it probably depends on the property if "resort fees" are waived, and when they are.
Yeah, definitely some factors to consider. I'm only Platinum Elite. Would be nice to know when/where this applies.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 11:35 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
As a Spire (but not Inner Circle), I got charged the amenity fee at the Kimpton Riverplace Portland last month on a points stay. Seems to be pretty consistent with Kimpton properties (previously charged at Kimpton Rowan Palm Springs).
Old Apr 19, 2019, 3:22 am

Originally Posted by redtalun
Has anyone tried to request a cash upgrade to an award stay? ICs allow you to waitlist (or even confirm) upgrades ahead of time but I wasn't given any option on a 4nt award stay I booked recently at the Francis Drake in SF.
Is it possible to do cash upgrade on award stay like IC? Will stay in Philly this weekend and would like to upgrade ahead of time if possible.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 6:38 pm

What do you get as IHG platinum member at Kimpton hotels?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.