Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How long for qualifying nights to carry over from 2017?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2018, 1:25 am
Original Poster

How long for qualifying nights to carry over from 2017?

Hi All,

I had 102 qualifying nights last year and at this momemt in time, my account shows 0 qualifying nights for 2018. I seem to recall anything over 75 nights would carry over when you are Spire Elite.

Does anyone know how long it should take for my account to reflect the correct number of qualifying nights for this calendar year?

Thanks!
Old Jan 10, 2018, 1:29 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by LunarJetman
Hi All,

I had 102 qualifying nights last year and at this momemt in time, my account shows 0 qualifying nights for 2018. I seem to recall anything over 75 nights would carry over when you are Spire Elite.

Does anyone know how long it should take for my account to reflect the correct number of qualifying nights for this calendar year?

Thanks!
Well, not everything carries over. For example, if any of the 102 qualifying nights were a previous carryover, those drop off. I don't see anything in my account for rollover, yet.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 2:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rbAA
Well, not everything carries over. For example, if any of the 102 qualifying nights were a previous carryover, those drop off. I don't see anything in my account for rollover, yet.
Thank you. So maybe I dont have any carrying over after all. I seem to recall around 20 coming over from last year so it might not be as many as I was hoping. I will keep my eye on my account for a couple of weeks and see what happens - I suppose there is not a reliable way of knowing which of the previous year total will carry over.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 3:09 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by LunarJetman
Thank you. So maybe I dont have any carrying over after all. I seem to recall around 20 coming over from last year so it might not be as many as I was hoping. I will keep my eye on my account for a couple of weeks and see what happens - I suppose there is not a reliable way of knowing which of the previous year total will carry over.
Before they screwed up the website, it was clearly at the top of your account information, with the points to date, nights, award nights and then rollover nights. Now its like everything else on ihg.com and takes an extra link. It's there in the activity statement. Looks like this:

You are
Spire Elite
75 Qualified Nights or
75,000 Qualifying Points
Qualifying Points:0
Qualified Nights:0
2017 Elite Rollover Nights0
What are Elite Rollover Nights?
Old Jan 11, 2018, 6:18 pm

I'm also not sure at this point how many qualifying nights I had last year. Right now it shows 0. I know I had a lot of nights last year, but not sure how many more than 75 were not rolled over from the previous year. Seems my 2017 information is not viewable.

Luke
Old Jan 11, 2018, 6:26 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Looking at last years thread on the same subject, it seems the rollover night tally appeared around 19 January
Old Jan 20, 2018, 5:08 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum, IHG Diamond Elite Ambassador
Anyone got theirs calculated yet, my account is still showing:

You are
Spire Elite
2017 Elite Rollover Nights 0

I had more than qualifying 75 nights last year, but a load were for a stay that started in 2016 and checked out in 2017.They did not show as rollover nights last year (I should have screenshoted my account page) so I assumed they would be rolledover this year.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 5:45 am

I should have already qualified for Spire in 2018, as I certainly have over 75 roll over nights from stays within 2017. Only my 2018 stays are listed at the moment - therefore not re-qualified yet. Then the Spire expiry date should be December 2019 - and the 25,000 bonus points too.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 5:56 am

Programs: IHG Spire- Marriott-Hilton Diamond sort of- Choice Diamond
My 2018 stays are showing 30 EQN <looks at calendar> , but I can't find the Rollover Nights page.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 11:09 pm

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
Do not see any rollover nights. Just the qualifying nights YTD.
On this new and "improved" site, can't see where I would see the detail, either. I should have 88 rollover nights from 163 nights stayed last year.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 6:53 am

Has anyone followed up with IHG on this? I will probably call this evening. It would be nice to see a summary of what was earned in 2017 for clarity purposes.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 7:29 am

Programs: IHG Diamond / RA / IC | LH FTL + United Gold
My rollover nights are there for a few days now.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 2:51 pm

Still waiting. Last I recall I was well into the 110's. Forgot to take a screenshot. St upid me. Now am I gonna have to count back a whole year's stays to have a tussle with them over my rollovers? Hope not. Their computer seems to be very busy these days with "improvements" and just generally futzing things up. Hopefully this batch process is awaiting some stabilization so we don't have to go to the mats on a 25+ rollover. But why would some people get their rollovers way way before others? Have they hired third-graders on winter holiday to hand-count from paper printouts?
Old Jan 24, 2018, 2:55 pm

Maybe Spire rollovers are such a small group, they do eyeball every one of us above a certain number, to make sure they're not giving away the store? But then, there are rollovers for other levels as well, and maybe that software invites some quirkiness all around (It certainly is hard for us as individuals to conceptualize and remember those rules.).

Hard to peek behind the curtain, but I do have sympathy for the IT people caught up in the mix.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 9:03 pm

I called and they said the posting of rollover nights is taking longer than anticipated. They said it should be done before the 1st of February. However, they are able to verify how many rollover nights you have over the phone. I was confirmed to have 28 rolling over from last year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.