Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2017, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Wiki was copied from 2017 thread
Created WIKI Mar2017 purely to add the "new" IHG PB List URL as I can't find by screen navigation since IHG changed the reservation screens etc, and the old url if saved no longer works either.

Just got fed up trying to find , much easier to store in wiki, hope this helps others

Pointbeaks changed the amount of points needed: This is discussed in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-rewards-club-intercontinental-ambassador/1890423-point-breaks-now-5k-10-15k.html

This thread is about the discussion about the locations and the actual list, please use the thread above for discussions about the increased number of points needed for pointbreak redemptions.

SCUBACCR

Use this URL for "Live" PB Listing:
https://www.ihg.com/rewardsclub/content/us/en/redeem-rewards/pointbreaks.html

The PREVIEW list usually appears on IHG's blog first
https://blog.ihg.com/ihg-rewards-club-pointbreaks-preview
Print Wikipost

2018 Pointbreaks Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2018, 10:47 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
I really need to be Chinese....not a single EU / Northern European or North / Central American hotel at 5000 points.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 10:55 am

Programs: Turkish Elite, AA Platinum, Royal Orchid Plus Silver
Originally Posted by chrislondon2
Offer in Thailand disappointing. 1 Bangkok and 1 Rayong hotel at 10k only offer.
And the one in Bangkok is in a difficult place to get to, with not much around besides Bangkok Hospital,
Old Nov 26, 2018, 11:07 am

Programs: Priority Club Platinum Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold
I can only admire the skills of IHG management.
They manage to kill the Pointbreaks without killing it.^
Old Nov 26, 2018, 11:08 am

Programs: IHG spire ambassador, SPG/Marriott Gold(new plat), Virgin Atlantic
Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
The Pointbreaks list used to encourage me to take trips I otherwise wouldn't have. Now it encourages me to book into a Hilton ;-)
Agreed 100% except starriott

BYE BYE IHG: I've been top teir with you for over a decade almost two, spire since inception but this year I let my ambassador status expire and was borderline if going to make a push maintain spire? This list just helped me seal decision. The point breaks was the only value really left in your IHG rewards, but it is clearly gone now : (( so I'll take my spending to starriott where at least I'll be guaranteed some firm benefits such as the 4pm late checkout like I'm enjoying while writing this. Of course IHG please do keep sending me the promos for quarterly bonus as I do like your new kimptons, and will hope to find some use out of your points perhaps a roadside HIX similar to the one booking I actually did get out of this list

Oh well it was good while it lasted...

Last edited by somedudefromFLa; Nov 26, 2018 at 11:17 am
Old Nov 26, 2018, 11:10 am

Programs: Turkish Elite, AA Platinum, Royal Orchid Plus Silver
I think the two hotels in Panama City are good deals. I stayed at the HIX there and enjoyed it immensely. Both hotels are close to the metro, which is a very convenient way of getting around. Panama City has many really interesting sights, in addition to the CANAL, which is amazing. They use the US Dollar as their currency, which is a plus. The Museum of Diversity and the Old Town are musts. If you are Jewish, btw, there is a very large Jewish community in Panama City with about a dozen kosher restaurants. It's a very cosmopolitan place.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 11:18 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
The HIX Jacksonville-Fleming Island is a pleasant enough property in a somewhat inconvenient location.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 11:51 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Originally Posted by NoviceFT
I am still seeing the old list....

Same here...where is this new list ?
Old Nov 26, 2018, 12:27 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
This is indeed tge same old list it seems. Did they just extend that or not uploaded yet new properties?
Old Nov 26, 2018, 12:39 pm

Programs: IHG Rewards, Nectar
Have you tried clearing your browser’s cache and reloading the page or use a different browser? That’s how I got the list on my phone.

Regarding the list, may be the only one but for me this is quite a good list. I’ve booked four nights for Newbury Park, London at 10000 points a night which I irrocially already had booked on the best flexible rate. The Crowne Plaza Edinburgh also looks good as IIRC it has just had a refit. Yes I agree that the 5000 point offerings are long gone for most but for a few more points you have got a better selection of better located properties. I don’t every recall anything inside of the M25 being on points breaks before.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 12:50 pm

Programs: AA Exp
Originally Posted by David Stuart Lee
Have you tried clearing your browser’s cache and reloading the page or use a different browser? That’s how I got the list on my phone.
For a second you got my hopes up, thinking that the disappointing list I had seen was not the new list, but only the list of leftover old ones... But no... :-)
Old Nov 26, 2018, 1:07 pm

Programs: IHG Rewards, Nectar
Originally Posted by gnargel
For a second you got my hopes up, thinking that the disappointing list I had seen was not the new list, but only the list of leftover old ones... But no... :-)
Haha sorry! I guess what is good for some may not be good for others. The last few have not been that great for me to be fair.

You can see if you are on the latest list as within the text at the top it says 'valid for bookings made up until 28th February 2019' rather than referencing November.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 1:43 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Candlewood Valdosta Mall. Perfect timing as I need one night in December driving north.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 1:50 pm

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
Bottom half of the world misses out again, how IHG hates Australia, NZ and S Africa
Old Nov 26, 2018, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by danam
Different bit of Switzerland for me, but I'm amazed it's so quiet. Nobody seems to care any more. I didn't even think about it either until today.
I’m not surprised nobody seems to care, the list is utter pure rubbish. We have been well and truly shafted by IHG. Totally agree and empathize with anybody complaining and criticizing this killing off of the Pointbreaks promotion. Makes me annoyed about the extra effort I made to collect all these points! On the other hand, I am now very inspired to become a guest of other hotel chains and independent hotels and am happy for this opportunity to diversify.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 2:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
The only one I could have used is the HIX Houston Beltway at 10k.

But then again, cash rate $57 (or $70 for a suite).

Or I could just stick with my booking at the Candlewood next door, which is 10k all year round and has a kitchen in the room.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.