Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2017, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Wiki was copied from 2017 thread
Created WIKI Mar2017 purely to add the "new" IHG PB List URL as I can't find by screen navigation since IHG changed the reservation screens etc, and the old url if saved no longer works either.

Just got fed up trying to find , much easier to store in wiki, hope this helps others

Pointbeaks changed the amount of points needed: This is discussed in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-rewards-club-intercontinental-ambassador/1890423-point-breaks-now-5k-10-15k.html

This thread is about the discussion about the locations and the actual list, please use the thread above for discussions about the increased number of points needed for pointbreak redemptions.

SCUBACCR

Use this URL for "Live" PB Listing:
https://www.ihg.com/rewardsclub/content/us/en/redeem-rewards/pointbreaks.html

The PREVIEW list usually appears on IHG's blog first
https://blog.ihg.com/ihg-rewards-club-pointbreaks-preview
Print Wikipost

2018 Pointbreaks Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2018, 3:40 am

Originally Posted by username
I am going to London in November. I booked the Doubletree in Greenwich but now this came up. Obviously the Doubletree is a better hotel but people say the rooms are small. I don't know London. Location-wise, can someone compare the pros and cons between these two hotels?

Thanks!
Taking the points values out of the equations completely there is no doubt that Greenwich is the better location and the local area has a really good vibe. Lots of tourist stuff in the local area along with Riverboat pier and DLR/BR. Wandsworth in my opinion would just be a "Base" near to Central London compared to Greenwich where it could be a base and an attraction. TFL journey planner says 33 minutes from Wandsworth to Leicester Sq and 39 from Greenwich so nothing in it really from a tourist point of view.

The rooms at Wandsworth are your standard HIX size, probably slightly bigger than Greenwich but not that much bigger if I am honest. The HIX was a first generation one though with the triangular headboards and desks although it has been refurbished whilst the DT has had a lot of money spent on it.

Looking at the points value Wandsworth is obviously a bit of a bargain at 15k but so is the DT Greenwich at the max of 30k. If points were no object I would probably opt for the DT for the better standard of room and far better breakfast (Assuming you are at least HH Gold) but at the same time there really isn't much wrong with the HIX either - I've made a reservation myself for November.
username likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 4:47 am

I had a 4 night stay booked in Beirut at the 4 Points Le Verdun (SPG), which I cancelled, and just finished booking 4 nights at the InterConinental Le Vendome for 60k Points. I didn’t research anything before I made this impulsive switch, so I hope the hotel and location are good.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 1:10 pm

Programs: IHG
Originally Posted by travelbarefeet
Yup, see you at the end of November. At least it's something to look forward to every 2-3 months. Guess they might go to every 2 months now. Last one was Jul-Sep, this one is Sep-Nov. Next one, Nov-Jan?
No. They're simply allowing people to plan their holiday stays before they release the new list. Calm down. The idea that the list is "rubbish" is subjective. Just because there aren't 5k IC's in your favoured locations, doesn't mean to say that the list is poor. Stop moaning. It's becoming very tedious.
FlyerTalker688786 likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
While there aren't many properties on the list which could be of use to me before the end of November, I do admit that this is a very good list. I was surprised by so many different countries in Asia being listed. The IC Kiev and IC Ljubliana are great deals given how much their normal daily rates are. I just don't think I can make it to either one of them before the end of November, even though I would love to.
FlyerTalker688786 likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 8:15 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum Member
Originally Posted by Exiled in Express
This is probably my favorite Des Moines IHG property. Also the location of my most ridiculous upgrade to some three bedroom suite with a kitchen. I've been to Superior as well was not impressed by the HIX.
Thx for the input. Tripadvisor rather gives not so positive reviews about Des Moines, so your word gives some hope it would not be bad.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 12:57 am

Wink Insane points-value?

Now that's 26.22cppfor ya... naturally I had to get in on this
Old Sep 27, 2018, 9:41 am

Looks like the 15k ICs in Europe and the HIX in Silicon Valley have exhausted their quotas.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 10:21 am

Programs: UA *Alliance
I stayed at the HI Paris Montmartre over the summer. Decent enough location if you can snag it and want to burn points, not sure that it's worth 15k I'll be honest, 5k would have been a steal, that's for sure!
Old Nov 7, 2018, 7:54 am

-----

Last edited by mster; Apr 25, 2019 at 8:36 am
Old Nov 11, 2018, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by mster
For the October / November list were the nights of both September 30th and November 30th both bookable? To phrase it another way is there currently a 1 night overlap for each new pointbreak period?
Night of Nov 30th is bookable**

Not sure what you are asking, but I believe the first night bookable** was the night after the day this updated list was actually released.

(** subject to availability)
Old Nov 11, 2018, 7:19 pm

-----

Last edited by mster; Apr 25, 2019 at 8:34 am
Old Nov 12, 2018, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by mster
Was the first bookable night for the current pointbreak list for check-in on September 24th (list release), 25th (day after list release), 30th or October 1st?
It's usually bookable on the very same day the list is released.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 6:48 pm

Programs: IHG spire ambassador, SPG/Marriott Gold(new plat), Virgin Atlantic
I would not be surprised to see the next list come out Monday Nov 19th, as if it comes out the following Monday - as traditionally does come out the last Monday in month prior to old list expiring - IHG probably won't stirr as much "hype" as desired from the list as they'd like. Especially since that following Monday is cyber Monday and IHG probably will push some cyber Monday sale on cash rates???
Old Nov 14, 2018, 2:28 am

Originally Posted by somedudefromFLa
I would not be surprised to see the next list come out Monday Nov 19th, as if it comes out the following Monday - as traditionally does come out the last Monday in month prior to old list expiring - IHG probably won't stirr as much "hype" as desired from the list as they'd like. Especially since that following Monday is cyber Monday and IHG probably will push some cyber Monday sale on cash rates???
I'd say there is more chance of a preview of a couple of properties on the 28th and a launch on the 30th than there is of the 19th which would provide an overlap of twelve days between lists.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 2:30 am

Programs: QF Gold
I'd say that the overlap between cyber monday and pointbreak release is the perfect time for them to discontinue the pointbreak program :-P
1flyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.