Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2017, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Wiki was copied from 2017 thread
Created WIKI Mar2017 purely to add the "new" IHG PB List URL as I can't find by screen navigation since IHG changed the reservation screens etc, and the old url if saved no longer works either.

Just got fed up trying to find , much easier to store in wiki, hope this helps others

Pointbeaks changed the amount of points needed: This is discussed in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-rewards-club-intercontinental-ambassador/1890423-point-breaks-now-5k-10-15k.html

This thread is about the discussion about the locations and the actual list, please use the thread above for discussions about the increased number of points needed for pointbreak redemptions.

SCUBACCR

Use this URL for "Live" PB Listing:
https://www.ihg.com/rewardsclub/content/us/en/redeem-rewards/pointbreaks.html

The PREVIEW list usually appears on IHG's blog first
https://blog.ihg.com/ihg-rewards-club-pointbreaks-preview
Print Wikipost

2018 Pointbreaks Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2018, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
True, especially since the recent changes. But if there are any nice properties on that list they will be snapped up quickly, I am sure.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 4:25 pm

Programs: ICH Plt Royal Amb, Hertz 5*, Hyatt Plat, HHons,
Ihg reward club tweet

“newest PointBreaks® list at 12 p.m. EDT Monday, Sept. 24. Get ready to discover where your points can take you, including the InterContinental Mendoza.”
riphamilton likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by Concerto
True, especially since the recent changes. But if there are any nice properties on that list they will be snapped up quickly, I am sure.
The one "positive" outcome of the 5K/10K/15K PB scheme has resulted in many properties lasting longer on the list. Last year, the CP Vilnius was on the late spring PB list (for 5k points). And it availability was gone after 1 or 2 days. This time when it was on the PB list (previous one) at 10K points, it stayed on for almost 2 months.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Fanjet
The one "positive" outcome of the 5K/10K/15K PB scheme has resulted in many properties lasting longer on the list. Last year, the CP Vilnius was on the late spring PB list (for 5k points). And it availability was gone after 1 or 2 days. This time when it was on the PB list (previous one) at 10K points, it stayed on for almost 2 months.
For me it's a purely positive outcome sans inverted commas. Positive pure and simple!

The only negative of the new scheme is the pretty obvious one - the number of points needed for a stay. But the scheme still represents a bargain in relation to regular redemption rates.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 10:42 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
For me it's a purely positive outcome sans inverted commas. Positive pure and simple!

The only negative of the new scheme is the pretty obvious one - the number of points needed for a stay. But the scheme still represents a bargain in relation to regular redemption rates.
Inflation is inevitably. Some people could not take it well. Look at Hilton, last week they just finish points sale with a bonus of 100%. And the very next day some of the cheap properties has gone from 5K to 10K or even 20K while many 10K property went up to 20K or more. What was a bargain 10 years has to go with inflation or there would be no bargain at all.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by Fanjet
I think some properties in early Pointbreaks frenzies sold out within minutes. In any case, you had to act really fast if you wanted anything decent on the list. I expect good properties to sell out very quickly.

Originally Posted by chongcao
Inflation is inevitably. Some people could not take it well. Look at Hilton, last week they just finish points sale with a bonus of 100%. And the very next day some of the cheap properties has gone from 5K to 10K or even 20K while many 10K property went up to 20K or more. What was a bargain 10 years has to go with inflation or there would be no bargain at all.
But I think these changes were very sneaky and under the belt. A small increase I can understand, but simply doubling the points needed without informing anyone should not be allowed.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 1:39 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Cannot wait until today's new list is out and we get the usual posts about "the worst list ever" and how "this list is just garbage".
jsrdelta, mster and turner32 like this.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 3:13 am

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Originally Posted by Enigma368
Cannot wait until today's new list is out and we get the usual posts about "the worst list ever" and how "this list is just garbage".
It can be the worst list ever, but at least we got a preview the Friday before, just to start making plans. But this time, only 5 hotels preview, so very complex to plan. Well, guess we ll have to plan on the spot ...
Old Sep 24, 2018, 3:22 am

Originally Posted by carlitos
It can be the worst list ever, but at least we got a preview the Friday before, just to start making plans. But this time, only 5 hotels preview, so very complex to plan. Well, guess we ll have to plan on the spot ...
Which 5 hotels?
mster, FFlash, dollar and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 4:16 am

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Originally Posted by jrey
Which 5 hotels?
True, ZERO Hotels. Tought Loyalty Lobby had posted 5, but they are from previous one. Well, either way they did not work for me. Well, we ll be ready to see what IHG sends our way.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 4:42 am

Programs: MR Ag, LH FTL
Originally Posted by carlitos
True, ZERO Hotels. Tought Loyalty Lobby had posted 5, but they are from previous one.
Both sentences are false.
mster and dollar like this.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
1 hotel - IC Mendoza according to Loyalty Lobby but they haven't disclosed whether that hotel will be 5/10/15k per night.
slowly and Flamenguista like this.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 6:01 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
So is that 5pm GMT ??
Old Sep 24, 2018, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
So is that 5pm GMT ??
I think 4PM GMT as US EDT is summer time.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 8:01 am

Anyone else getting a 404 error when heading to the PointBreaks page?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.