Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2017, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Wiki was copied from 2017 thread
Created WIKI Mar2017 purely to add the "new" IHG PB List URL as I can't find by screen navigation since IHG changed the reservation screens etc, and the old url if saved no longer works either.

Just got fed up trying to find , much easier to store in wiki, hope this helps others

Pointbeaks changed the amount of points needed: This is discussed in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-rewards-club-intercontinental-ambassador/1890423-point-breaks-now-5k-10-15k.html

This thread is about the discussion about the locations and the actual list, please use the thread above for discussions about the increased number of points needed for pointbreak redemptions.

SCUBACCR

Use this URL for "Live" PB Listing:
https://www.ihg.com/rewardsclub/content/us/en/redeem-rewards/pointbreaks.html

The PREVIEW list usually appears on IHG's blog first
https://blog.ihg.com/ihg-rewards-club-pointbreaks-preview
Print Wikipost

2018 Pointbreaks Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2018, 3:23 pm

Programs: KLM Gold, DL Silver
So what do you make of the a couple of places on preview? IHG does not even say which category these are going to be posted to - 5? 10? 15? My take all these juicy places are 15.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 3:28 pm

Programs: ICH Plt Royal Amb, Hertz 5*, Hyatt Plat, HHons,
Originally Posted by iggyray
So what do you make of the a couple of places on preview? IHG does not even say which category these are going to be posted to - 5? 10? 15? My take all these juicy places are 15.
a where did you see them please?
Old Apr 26, 2018, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by iggyray
Indigo Dusseldorf is a very nice property, was there at the start of the year.

From what I have heard HIX London Royal Docks is taking an absolute beating since the IBIS opened up next to it a few months ago. Rates have dropped quite a bit as well so it's no surprise its made it onto the list. Handy for Excel and Stratford though.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by zpoppy

a where did you see them please?
Loyalty Lobby has posted a sneak preview.

https://loyaltylobby.com/2018/04/26/...-july-31-2018/
Old Apr 26, 2018, 4:00 pm

Programs: Priority Club Platinum Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by chrism20
Indigo Dusseldorf is a very nice property, was there at the start of the year.

From what I have heard HIX London Royal Docks is taking an absolute beating since the IBIS opened up next to it a few months ago. Rates have dropped quite a bit as well so it's no surprise its made it onto the list. Handy for Excel and Stratford though.

HIX Royal Docks maybe is a good deal for 5000 pts, but i am not so sure for 15 000 pts ( which probably will be the cost )
Old Apr 26, 2018, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by winkny
HIX Royal Docks maybe is a good deal for 5000 pts, but i am not so sure for 15 000 pts ( which probably will be the cost )
Without a doubt it will be 15k. It's also in dire need of a refit. Why they never done it before the Ibis opened is beyond me.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 4:37 pm

Programs: KLM Gold, DL Silver
of all Indigo Austin TX looks great. I am sure it's gonna be 15k (40k regularily).
Old Apr 26, 2018, 5:56 pm

Certainly doesn't give me a lot of hope if this is the 9 property preview they're throwing out.

Doesn't make much difference to me this quarter though. I have only one very unambitious, but specific need. I'll either get really lucky and get it (or close), or I won't. That's always been the most reliable value from this program for me -- nothing aspiring, just saving money places I was going anyway.
The_Bouncer likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 2:11 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by stets
Certainly doesn't give me a lot of hope if this is the 9 property preview they're throwing out.

Doesn't make much difference to me this quarter though. I have only one very unambitious, but specific need. I'll either get really lucky and get it (or close), or I won't. That's always been the most reliable value from this program for me -- nothing aspiring, just saving money places I was going anyway.
You should never count your specific need on PB. PB is for those who wants to take extraordinary length to travel, or those who are extremely lucky to have somewhere close to where they want to go.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 2:29 am

Programs: ICH Plt Royal Amb, Hertz 5*, Hyatt Plat, HHons,
I think it’s the rainy season in Costa Rica?
Old Apr 27, 2018, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by chongcao
You should never count your specific need on PB. PB is for those who wants to take extraordinary length to travel, or those who are extremely lucky to have somewhere close to where they want to go.
Sounds like reading comprehension is not your strong suit.

1) You should never count your specific need on PB --> "I have only one very unambitious, but specific need."
2)
PB is for .......those who are extremely lucky to have somewhere close to where they want to go. --> "I'll either get really lucky and get it (or close), or I won't."
rrohio likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 10:55 am

Why are LoyaltyLobby and MillionMileSecrets sharing totally different preview lists?? I'd normally believe LoyaltyLobby, but MMS's list looks more accurate this time around.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 10:56 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
A small preview has been posted on the IHG blog - same list as loyaltylobby but it shows how many points
https://blog.ihg.com/ihg-rewards-clu...breaks-preview
Old Apr 27, 2018, 11:13 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by travelbarefeet
Sounds like reading comprehension is not your strong suit.
Hi there. Flyertalk is a friendly forum. Please kindly refrain from making such personal remarks or making the post too personal. There are many non-English speakers or English as second language forum users (like me), please be gentle. If you have problem with me, please kindly send me private messages, or alert a Moderator. Your remark does not help anyone.
mcgahat and Keyser like this.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by mster
Why are LoyaltyLobby and MillionMileSecrets sharing totally different preview lists?? I'd normally believe LoyaltyLobby, but MMS's list looks more accurate this time around.

Aren't they both relying on IHG's blog instead of any inside scoop?

Loyalty Lobby has printed the preview list that is on the IHG blog. MMS have printed the extended list available by clicking on to the links on the IHG blog. But the hotels on that extended list - by my recollection - are the ones that are left-over from January's list that are still available to book until 30th April.

Last edited by abitwild; Apr 27, 2018 at 12:22 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.