Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2017, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Wiki was copied from 2017 thread
Created WIKI Mar2017 purely to add the "new" IHG PB List URL as I can't find by screen navigation since IHG changed the reservation screens etc, and the old url if saved no longer works either.

Just got fed up trying to find , much easier to store in wiki, hope this helps others

Pointbeaks changed the amount of points needed: This is discussed in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-rewards-club-intercontinental-ambassador/1890423-point-breaks-now-5k-10-15k.html

This thread is about the discussion about the locations and the actual list, please use the thread above for discussions about the increased number of points needed for pointbreak redemptions.

SCUBACCR

Use this URL for "Live" PB Listing:
https://www.ihg.com/rewardsclub/content/us/en/redeem-rewards/pointbreaks.html

The PREVIEW list usually appears on IHG's blog first
https://blog.ihg.com/ihg-rewards-club-pointbreaks-preview
Print Wikipost

2018 Pointbreaks Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2018, 2:36 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
I could have used one in zurich,switzerland, oh well.
The_Bouncer likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 2:42 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by David Stuart Lee
Have you tried clearing your browser’s cache and reloading the page or use a different browser? That’s how I got the list on my phone.

Regarding the list, may be the only one but for me this is quite a good list. I’ve booked four nights for Newbury Park, London at 10000 points a night which I irrocially already had booked on the best flexible rate. The Crowne Plaza Edinburgh also looks good as IIRC it has just had a refit. Yes I agree that the 5000 point offerings are long gone for most but for a few more points you have got a better selection of better located properties. I don’t every recall anything inside of the M25 being on points breaks before.
Yes but I still see the same. Well maybe my memory tricks me or then this list is truly PATHETIC now.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by David Stuart Lee
Have you tried clearing your browser’s cache and reloading the page or use a different browser? That’s how I got the list on my phone.

Regarding the list, may be the only one but for me this is quite a good list. I’ve booked four nights for Newbury Park, London at 10000 points a night which I irrocially already had booked on the best flexible rate. The Crowne Plaza Edinburgh also looks good as IIRC it has just had a refit. Yes I agree that the 5000 point offerings are long gone for most but for a few more points you have got a better selection of better located properties. I don’t every recall anything inside of the M25 being on points breaks before.
I’m struggling to understand this. I did not see London or Edinburgh on the list this time. Or were they there and they sold out before I finally got around to viewing the list, at about 9pm?
Old Nov 26, 2018, 3:29 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, BA Silver
Originally Posted by Concerto
I did not see London or Edinburgh on the list this time. Or were they there and they sold out before I finally got around to viewing the list, at about 9pm?
I think Newbury Park is still there - not sure if you consider that London?
Old Nov 26, 2018, 3:32 pm

I’m struggling to understand this. I did not see London or Edinburgh on the list this time. Or were they there and they sold out before I finally got around to viewing the list, at about 9pm?

Edinburgh is still there, I have just booked two separate nights in January.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 3:38 pm

Possible trend.

One thing I have noted from the last couple of lists along with the one from today is that some of the UK properties on the list seem to be in areas that are approaching saturation levels with IHG properties.

The previous two lists have had CP Heathrow on it - A new CP and HIX have recently opened and there is a new HI and SBS on the way.

The current lists have properties in Manchester and one in Edinburgh. A new CP, SBS and a Principal have recently joined the other IHG properties with an Indigo to follow next month and here in Edinburgh the two Principal properties are now online.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 3:39 pm

Programs: thai, virgin, emirates, priority club

london newbury park is, unexpectedly, on the 10k list.

ian.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
The list in the link given some posts above would appear to be incorrect then. I was able to view the full list on HeadForPoints, and I think there are indeed some bright spots in it, although I suspect most of those have gone by now. But I was handicapped by having a very long rehearsal this evening and no way could I start fiddling around on some mobile device to view the list. There isn’t anything on the full list that would really have suited me in the end, but I do think I was a bit unfairly harsh in my post above.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by Wanderlust888
I think Newbury Park is still there - not sure if you consider that London?
I stayed at Newbury Park a fortnight ago and it was a decent enough HIX. Central line station pretty much on the doorstep and it was only fifteen minutes to Stratford and twenty five minutes to Holborn.

I needed to be in the area for work but at 10k I'd definitely consider it even for a leisure stay if I was looking for a cheap couple of nights away.

One thing to note at the moment though is the Central Line drivers are currently striking on random dates, the weekend before Christmas being the next one.

Nothing much in the local area other than McDonalds and a BP Petrol station which has an M&S. Couple of nice restaurants and bars at Gants Hill though.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by harryhv
Bottom half of the world misses out again, how IHG hates Australia, NZ and S Africa
No Chile or Argentina, and the Brazil options are useless.

There are only 4 Intercontinentals on this list. I’d echo the sentiments of the above posters, this was the first real death blow to the program. The tiered system was a forewarning, and the subsequent lists still had some extremely good properties and deals. But what we are seeing now is the beginning to the end.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 6:25 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Not sure what everyone is moaning about.
Pointsbreaks hotel choices have been 90% garbage for over half a decade now.

The last time I myself saw anything useful or decent on that list was more than 8 years ago, back in 2010.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 7:26 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum / HHonors Diamond / Hyatt Globalist / AA EX Platinum
First time in a very long time, I'm not going to book anything
Old Nov 26, 2018, 8:15 pm

Will never forget the member who chastised those of us who correctly predicted that the changes to the program were meant to weaken Pointbreaks. Totally vindicated..but no use now. Individuals like that person basically lobbied IHG to make the changes, claiming there would be great choices at 10,000 and 15,000 points. You were sadly WRONG. We are vindicated.but it doesn't matter..the damage is done.
The_Bouncer likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 10:38 pm

Programs: JGC,SFC, BestWestern DS, Choice P, HH D, Hyatt Ds, IHG D, Marriott P, Radisson V, Wyndham D, Sixt P
I booked HIX Bangkok Soi Soonvijai but will cancel.
I bought 10,000 point $50, but I can book room $41 and earn point.
Only PointBreaks advantage is cancel until last minutes.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 2:47 am
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
Indigo Antwerp seems nice enough. You get roughly a 50 per cent discount over the fully prepaid rate. And it's a brand-new Indigo in a very interesting city which isn't as overrun by tourists as, say, Amsterdam.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.