Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2017, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Wiki was copied from 2017 thread
Created WIKI Mar2017 purely to add the "new" IHG PB List URL as I can't find by screen navigation since IHG changed the reservation screens etc, and the old url if saved no longer works either.

Just got fed up trying to find , much easier to store in wiki, hope this helps others

Pointbeaks changed the amount of points needed: This is discussed in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-rewards-club-intercontinental-ambassador/1890423-point-breaks-now-5k-10-15k.html

This thread is about the discussion about the locations and the actual list, please use the thread above for discussions about the increased number of points needed for pointbreak redemptions.

SCUBACCR

Use this URL for "Live" PB Listing:
https://www.ihg.com/rewardsclub/content/us/en/redeem-rewards/pointbreaks.html

The PREVIEW list usually appears on IHG's blog first
https://blog.ihg.com/ihg-rewards-club-pointbreaks-preview
Print Wikipost

2018 Pointbreaks Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2018, 11:30 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I was able to use this list. I booked CP Joburg and CP Nairobi. It has been about 2 years since I was able to use a PB hotel, but can't complain too much I guess. I will just take whatever I can get.

Last edited by solewalker; Jul 23, 2018 at 12:49 pm
Old Jul 23, 2018, 11:56 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Nothing fits my plans again and nothing impressive enough to prompt me to book an extra little trip somewhere nice.

Hope plenty of you can get some good deals.

Gone are the great opportunities of a few years back :-(
Old Jul 23, 2018, 11:57 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Originally Posted by garkman
If visiting the Oregon coast the HIE in Seaside is a solid, newly-remodeled option. Unfortunate it's still 15k, but you could do worse.
Germany - HIE Dresden is good for 10k also.
Stayed in Seaside in December. They were re-modelling then and the hotel and town felt like a ghost-town! Hotel, even in un-remodelled state was fine and in a good location. Staff were a little strange but nice, receptionist held me up for 15mins telling me about his philosophy on life! Glad to hear it is finished now.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 12:28 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Originally Posted by lyst
Looks like HI Montmartre has blocked out all reward night going forward. Anyone get nights there? Guess you need to be FAST!
Was anyone able to book this hotel at pointsbreaks rate?
Old Jul 23, 2018, 12:31 pm

I sure love the ANA Holiday Inn Resort Miyazaki in Japan, that looks like a place for a good get away. InterContinental Buenos Aires would be my another option.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 12:36 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
I'm hoping to make use of san antonio and galveston if i can convince the other half we need a trip there! LOL
Old Jul 23, 2018, 12:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
Originally Posted by mster
Plenty of decent options in the EU from this list. HI Paris Montmartre & HI Warsaw both look great. HIX Dresden and HIX Frankfurt City - Hauptbahnhof look doable too.
Montmartre and CDG are definitely the pick of the bunch in Europe. At 15k, neither is probably worth going out of your way for, but if I were heading to Paris I would consider them.

I could possibly have used Frankfurt, but the Mercure at ~79eur (or 4k Accor) looks a better bet.

Dresden and Warsaw look ok, but with generally low cash rates in those cities, we're really not setting the world on fire.

Nope, I'm passing on this one.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 12:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Have an existing reservation (with Premier 4th night free) on one of the pointsbreak hotels. The 4th night is not available on points at the moment. Anyone have experience getting refunded on an existing reservation to the pointsbreak price without cancelling?
Old Jul 23, 2018, 12:48 pm

Neither the HI Warsaw nor the CP London Heathrow have any dates available from 17 Aug - 30 Aug...
Old Jul 23, 2018, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by Enigma368
Was anyone able to book this hotel at pointsbreaks rate?
I was able to book 3 of the 5 nights I needed for my upcoming trip to Paris (looks like they're gone now). Trying to decide if I should use cash to book the remaining two nights.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 1:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
Originally Posted by armature
Neither the HI Warsaw nor the CP London Heathrow have any dates available from 17 Aug - 30 Aug...
Strange. I'm seeing the CP LHR available at 15k on the app for the 17th. But then, with a cash rate of £60, why would you bother?
Old Jul 23, 2018, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by The_Bouncer
Strange. I'm seeing the CP LHR available at 15k on the app for the 17th. But then, with a cash rate of £60, why would you bother?
I value IHG pts at $0.50 each so 15k = $75

£60 = $78 plus taxes
Old Jul 23, 2018, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by travelbarefeet

I value IHG pts at $0.50 each so 15k = $75

£60 = $78 plus taxes

Hotel prices outside of the US and Canada are generally inclusive of taxes. Also you would earn points on the £60 booking(and could hit some goals in the accelerate promo). I think 15k is just about an acceptable deal when hotel price is £60 but it is more or less a wash. Depends how many points you have and if you would use them for better uses otherwise.
The_Bouncer likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 1:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
deleted

Last edited by 1flyer; Dec 11, 2018 at 1:22 am
Old Jul 23, 2018, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by Enigma368
Hotel prices outside of the US and Canada are generally inclusive of taxes. Also you would earn points on the £60 booking(and could hit some goals in the accelerate promo). I think 15k is just about an acceptable deal when hotel price is £60 but it is more or less a wash. Depends how many points you have and if you would use them for better uses otherwise.
Didn't know about taxes being inclusive outside of US and Canada. Thanks for that.

I was responding to this though:

Originally Posted by The_Bouncer - "Strange. I'm seeing the CP LHR available at 15k on the app for the 17th. But then, with a cash rate of £60, why would you bother?"

My goal wasn't to say redeeming 15k pts is better than paying a £60 cash rate. My goal was to show that it shouldn't automatically be dismissed as a dumb idea.

Last edited by travelbarefeet; Jul 23, 2018 at 2:45 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.