Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2017, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Wiki was copied from 2017 thread
Created WIKI Mar2017 purely to add the "new" IHG PB List URL as I can't find by screen navigation since IHG changed the reservation screens etc, and the old url if saved no longer works either.

Just got fed up trying to find , much easier to store in wiki, hope this helps others

Pointbeaks changed the amount of points needed: This is discussed in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-rewards-club-intercontinental-ambassador/1890423-point-breaks-now-5k-10-15k.html

This thread is about the discussion about the locations and the actual list, please use the thread above for discussions about the increased number of points needed for pointbreak redemptions.

SCUBACCR

Use this URL for "Live" PB Listing:
https://www.ihg.com/rewardsclub/content/us/en/redeem-rewards/pointbreaks.html

The PREVIEW list usually appears on IHG's blog first
https://blog.ihg.com/ihg-rewards-club-pointbreaks-preview
Print Wikipost

2018 Pointbreaks Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2018, 12:15 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by chongcao
Hi there. Flyertalk is a friendly forum. Please kindly refrain from making such personal remarks or making the post too personal. There are many non-English speakers or English as second language forum users (like me), please be gentle. If you have problem with me, please kindly send me private messages, or alert a Moderator. Your remark does not help anyone.
I second chongcao's request. Let's try to keep this friendly and constructive!

--jpdx, IHG Co-Moderator
Old Apr 27, 2018, 12:49 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Yes. But the CP Kowloon East has no lounge. So Spires are given free breakfast, 6 drinks from mini bar per stay (maybe this is for everyone?) and something in the early evening from top floor Italian restaurant bar/lounge (the last bits might have changed sine I stayed last time very long ago).
The lounge is the top floor restaurant and normal offerings are in play, just not so exclusive, and spire members get access on rewards bookings. Mini bar is Comp for all.
FlyerTalker688786 likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 1:50 pm

Extremely annoying to not have a full preview list.

And rolling out a small preview list to two blogs, then releasing a completely different preview on their own site a day later makes this whole thing seem incredibly amateurish. Why would the IHG blog list only contain 4 of the 9 of the hotels released to LL and OMAT?
Old Apr 27, 2018, 2:24 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF
PB time again. Where does the time go?
Had some use for it last time as my travel needs fluctuate, but much less than any previous offerings. Hoping for improvements.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 3:05 pm

Hi there. Flyertalk is a friendly forum. Please kindly refrain from making such personal remarks or making the post too personal. There are many non-English speakers or English as second language forum users (like me), please be gentle. If you have problem with me, please kindly send me private messages, or alert a Moderator. Your remark does not help anyone.
Nothing personal about that remark. You gave advice that reiterated the exact points that a poster was making. Either you didn't understand what that poster was saying or you didn't read carefully. Now if you are a non-English speaker or English is your 2nd language, then you should probably read more carefully what a poster is saying before giving advice.

Now, if my "remark does not help anyone," then giving advice that reiterates a point being made is just as unnecessary.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by stets
Extremely annoying to not have a full preview list.

And rolling out a small preview list to two blogs, then releasing a completely different preview on their own site a day later makes this whole thing seem incredibly amateurish. Why would the IHG blog list only contain 4 of the 9 of the hotels released to LL and OMAT?

Be kind on me as this is only the second time I have posted in this forum - but in my mind IHG haven't dished out a preview to two blogs. They have released the information on their own blog. Loyalty Lobby has replicated it correctly. Million Miles have replicated it incorrectly.

This isn't a recommendation for Loyalty Lobby (far from it in fact). Personally, I'd prefer it if IHG were LESS amateurish by not releasing their information to blogs, and capitalise on it more themselves. Which, in this case, appears to be exactly what they have been doing - so far.

Of course, if one of the blogs were to pay cash for the 'scoop'... [maybe one or more previously already have?!] now that would be an interesting bit of fun to be played out amongst MyHeadForMillionSecretGodSaveTheFlyingLoyaltyFartP oint blogs...

Last edited by abitwild; Apr 27, 2018 at 3:45 pm
Old Apr 27, 2018, 3:43 pm

What's the consensus of canceling an existing reservation in order to stay at the Pointsbreak rate? Is it against the rules or frowned upon? I try to make a conscious effort not to overstep any ethical lines.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 3:46 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Flamenguista
What's the consensus of canceling an existing reservation in order to stay at the Pointsbreak rate? Is it against the rules or frowned upon? I try to make a conscious effort not to overstep any ethical lines.
No problem whatsoever. To be safe, book the Pointsbreak first, then cancel the existing reservation.
The_Bouncer likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 3:51 pm

Never crossed my mind that this would be frowned upon. Do what's best for you
Old Apr 27, 2018, 3:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
Totally fair game.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I think, despite the heat of summer, that the Intercontinental Muscat is a very good deal at 15,000 points.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by Concerto
I think, despite the heat of summer, that the Intercontinental Muscat is a very good deal at 15,000 points.
Take note that there will be major renovations going on this summer. I'm not quite sure of the start date.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 11:44 pm

so this pointbreak is only for 2 months instead of 3? scratch that
i miscounted. thinking it should be till end of August.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 12:34 am

Originally Posted by terrydude
i miscounted.
Not at all. You were looking at the enhanced calendar, where some months are no longer included.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 3:44 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by terrydude
i miscounted. thinking it should be till end of August.
It is actually 3 months, May, June and July. (I believe the end date is 31st July?)

But I guess this gives IHG a more clear picture on demand and maybe by end of July there will be another round of PB for August to October and then November to January.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.