FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   Promotion Discussion Thread 2018 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1885415-promotion-discussion-thread-2018-a.html)

FLYGVA Dec 31, 2017 5:47 am

Promotion Discussion Thread 2018

This is the thread for all discussions related to discussion about promotion which might run by IHG apart from the regular (quartely / general) promotions.

Major Promotions might get its own thread, smaller promotion limited to certain regions or hotels are added in this thread. There is also a Wiki with links to promotion master thread (The Wiki does not necessarily have to be maintained by the moderator ;) )

Most of you with a certain number of posts and member of flyertalk for a longer time can add these promotions to the wikipost aboive themself. If you are do not yet have the possibility or do not know how to add them, post them here and alert us via the report button (red triangle with !) and one of the moderators in this forum will add them.

If you have any question to the promotions, post it here and we are sure, you will get an answer.

Thank you

FLYGVA
moderator IHG Forum

Expat_852 Jan 16, 2018 1:41 am

Aeroplan 3X Miles

For those who collect Aeroplan miles via IHG as opposed to Rewards Club points.

www.ihg.com/content/us/en/deals/member-offers/aca3xwinterinternal

Select Aeroplan as your earning preference.
Register, book and travel now through April 30, 2018

Triple miles (500 base and 1,000 bonus miles) will be awarded on all Qualifying Stays after completing 1st Qualifying Stay, between 1 January, 2018 and 15 April 30th, 2018 (both dates inclusive). Maximum bonus award is 7,000 bonus miles during this campaign.

puchong Feb 22, 2018 8:01 pm

Book direct promotion in Asia, ME & Africa

IHG is supposed to have launched a new promo for bonus points (e.g. 30,000 for 2 stays) in Asia, ME & Africa.

Does anyone have the URL where I can sign up for this promo?

beachmouse Mar 4, 2018 7:09 am

Targeted promotion when I logged into my web page account earlier, scrolled down, and found a link for it:

How it works:
• Book a stay through the IHG® app to earn 3,000 bonus points
• If you book a Bonus Points Package rate, earn an extra 2,000 points for a total of 5,000 bonus pointsTerms and Conditions

Open to legal residents in North, South and Central America, who are eighteen (18) years old or older at the time of registration. Members from Quebec and Brazil are not eligible for this promotion. Must be an IHG® Rewards Club member and must register member number in advance to participate in this promotion. Bonus Points will be awarded after your next qualifying stay booked through the IHG® app from February 27 – April 30, which must be completed on or by April 30, 2018 at any InterContinental®, Kimpton®, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Staybridge Suites®, Candlewood Suites®, EVEN® or Hualuxe® hotel worldwide. Members who book through the IHG app and stay with a Bonus Points Package will be awarded 5,000 bonus points. This is in addition to the points they will earn through the Bonus Points Package itself. Bonus Points Package rates are limited and subject to availability. Members who book through the IHG app and stay any other qualified rate will be awarded 3,000 bonus points. A stay is qualified when paying qualifying rates, which include most business and leisure rates. Only one room per member per stay will be awarded the applicable bonus points. Members are only eligible to be awarded once during the promotion period. Allow 4-6 weeks from stay for bonus points to be posted to your account. IHG® Rewards Club members who have chosen miles as their earning preference will be awarded points for the promotion. Subject to standard IHG® Rewards Club Membership terms and conditions and earning structure, which can be obtained by visiting www.ihgrewardsclub.com. This exclusive offer is valid for original recipient only.

hclee01 Mar 4, 2018 9:31 am

Originally Posted by puchong (Post 29448445)
IHG is supposed to have launched a new promo for bonus points (e.g. 30,000 for 2 stays) in Asia, ME & Africa.

Are you referring to this one?
https://www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/de...PMCookies=true

shahr04360 Mar 19, 2018 11:50 am

Point purchase up to 100% bonus. Valid through March 22, 2018. Offer here.

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...40145d02f5.jpg

adobbing Mar 19, 2018 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by shahr04360 (Post 29543111)
Point purchase up to 100% bonus. Valid through March 22, 2018. Offer here.

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...40145d02f5.jpg

Nice if you need it I suppose, for me it would be far better to have a points buyback scheme with a bonus!

FFlash Mar 19, 2018 1:43 pm

Somehow that offer is not bad after all, looking at the massive devaluations of Hilton for example where your today's point value is halved tomorrow. At least the IHG devaluations have been more reasonable given how easy it has been to earn points from promos.

adobbing Mar 19, 2018 2:06 pm

Earning them isn’t an issue, but when faced with a choice for redemption between Hilton where I don’t pay for a breakfast and IHG where I get charged, I go with Hilton.

As a Spire Ambassador at IHG and Diamond at Hilton, Hilton seem much better at giving room upgrades.

I recently booked a 5 night redemption In Sofia, it was 120,00 Hilton Pojnts to get me a King room, from which I would get exec lounge access and an upgrade.
if I booked the Holiday Inn I can only book a 2 x single room and I imagine there would be no exec lounge and a daily charge charge for breakfast.
I suspect a room upgrade would also be unlikely to get me any decent room.

its a pity there isn’t a viable way to transfer from one scheme to the other.

Expat_852 Mar 24, 2018 1:04 am

[deleted - included in next reply]

Expat_852 Mar 24, 2018 1:13 am

Originally Posted by puchong (Post 29448445)

I think you may be referring to the Book Direct promotion (released around 20-Feb, but for stays beginning 12-Mar).

www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/deals/member-offers/book-direct

Complete three stays with us from 12 March to 31 December, and earn 40,000 bonus points. That’s enough for a free night!

Register : 1,000 points
1st stay : 5,000 points
2nd stay : 9,000 points
3rd stay : 15,000 points
Upon Completion : 10,000 points

Originally Posted by hclee01 (Post 29484027)

I think this is a different promotion - More stays. More points. More rewards! (released 19 February).

Be on your way to greater rewards with up to 71,000 bonus points.

Register : 1,000 points
1st stay : 10,000 points
2 more stays : 30,000 points

Total : 41,000 points

Bonus for every Intercontinental stay : 10,000 points (so max 3 x 10,000 = 30,000)

Total : 71,000 points

Expat_852 Mar 24, 2018 1:22 am

Originally Posted by beachmouse (Post 29483581)
Targeted promotion when I logged into my web page account earlier, scrolled down, and found a link for it:

IHG promo page: www.ihg.com/content/us/en/deals/member-offers/apppromo

Reminder:
* Open to legal residents in North, South and Central America
* Members from Quebec and Brazil are not eligible for this promotion.
* Bonus Points will be awarded after your next qualifying stay booked through the IHG® app from February 27 – April 30, which must be completed on or by April 30, 2018 at any InterContinental®, Kimpton®, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Staybridge Suites®, Candlewood Suites®, EVEN® or Hualuxe® hotel worldwide
* Members who book through the IHG app and stay with a Bonus Points Package will be awarded 5,000 bonus points
* Members who book through the IHG app and stay any other qualified rate will be awarded 3,000 bonus points
* This exclusive offer is valid for original recipient only

Expat_852 Mar 24, 2018 1:31 am

Your Choice: Status or points

Earn on stays February 1 – May 15

* Choose to earn status faster and enjoy Elite status perks like Priority Check-Ins, upgrades, and Elite rollover nights.
* Or choose to earn points faster that you can redeem for catalog items, Reward Nights, and more.
* To earn, just register and stay for business or leisure between February 1 and May 15.
* You can also earn 2,000 bonus points for every stay at Crowne Plaza® hotels & resorts across the globe.

www.ihg.com/content/us/en/deals/b2b/yourchoice

Fast track to Elite status
Stay twice and earn Gold Elite status. Stay five times and earn Platinum Elite status. Plus 2,000 points on every Crowne Plaza stay.

Triple Points
Earn triple points on all stays up to 35,000 points. Plus 2,000 points on every Crowne Plaza stay.

Note:
The Your Choice Offer allows full time employees of an Eligible Company to choose between a status and points offer for earning.

Your Choice – Elite Status
* Eligible Company employees must register for the Offer through an Eligible Company website
* Company employees eligible for this offer: 3M, Arca Continental, Ardagh Group, Bed Bath & Beyond, Benefitfocus, Brewers Retail, Canadian Tire, Charter Communications, Cisco Systems, Epic Systems, ExxonMobil, Fastaff Nursing, Faurecia, Ford Motor Company, Fujifilm Holdings America Corporation, Illinois Tool Works Inc., Johnson Controls, Kock Company, L3 Technologies, Lear Corporation, Lockheed Martin, Lowes, NetApp, Inc., Nielsen, Open Text Corporation, Oracle Corporation, Principal Financial, Salesforce, Siemens Corporation, SONOS, Inc., Team Industrial, TIAA, Trimble, Waste Management, WR Berkley, Yazaki, Ovation, Amazon, Wells Fargo, WPP, Walt Disney, FedRooms, 12st Century Fox, Nike, Interpublic Group, Deloitte, Ernst & Young, Comcast/NBC Universal, Libery Mutual, Bank of America, Boeing, Boston Consulting, Google, Pegasystems, Morgan Stanley, Marsh & McLennan, Citigroup, Sanofi Aventis, Target, The Nature Conservancy, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, BMO Financial Group, United Health, NewsCorp, Mass Mutual, and Accenture.
* Once a Member receives status upgrade during this Offer, the Member may keep such status through the 2018 calendar year after which the status must be earned for the 2019 calendar year and beyond in accordance with the IHG® Rewards Club Membership Terms and Conditions. Bonus points will be deposited in will be deposited in March 2018 for all completed and qualified February 2018 Stays; in April 2018 for all completed and qualified March 2018 Stays; in May 2018 for all completed and qualified April 2018 Stays; in June 2018 for all completed and qualified May 2018 Stays and following Eligible Company employee verification.

II. Your Choice – Triple Points
* Eligible Company employees must register for the Offer through an Eligible Company website
* Company employees eligible for this offer: 3M, Arca Continental, Ardagh Group, Bed Bath & Beyond, Benefitfocus, Brewers Retail, Canadian Tire, Charter Communications, Cisco Systems, Epic Systems, ExxonMobil, Fastaff Nursing, Faurecia, Ford Motor Company, Fujifilm Holdings America Corporation, Illonois Tool Works Inc., Johnson Controls, Kock Company, L3 Technologies, Lear Corporation, Lockheed Martin, Lowes, NetApp, Inc., Nielsen, Open Text Corporation, Oracle Corporation, Principal Financial, Salesforce, Siemens Corporation, SONOS, Inc., Team Industrial, TIAA, Trimble, Waste Management, WR Berkley, Yazaki, Ovation, Amazon, Wells Fargo, WPP, Walt Disney, FedRooms, 12st Century Fox, Nike, Interpublic Group, Deloitte, Ernst & Young, Comcast/NBC Universal, Libery Mutual, Bank of America, Boeing, Boston Consulting, Google, Pegasystems, Morgan Stanley, Marsh & McLennan, Citigroup, Sanofi Aventis, Target, The Nature Conservancy, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, BMO Financial Group, United Health, NewsCorp, Mass Mutual, and Accenture. ("Eligible Company")
* Bonus points will be deposited in March 2018 for all completed and qualified February 2018 Stays; in April 2018 for all completed and qualified March 2018 Stays; in May 2018 for all completed and qualified April 2018 Stays; in June 2018 for all completed and qualified May 2018 Stays and following Eligible Company employee verification.

Expat_852 Mar 24, 2018 1:40 am

Thai Airways Royal Orchid Plus 2X Miles

For those who collect Thai Airways Royal Orchid Plus miles via IHG as opposed to Rewards Club points.

IHG : www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/deals/member-offers/thai-airways-double-miles
Thai Airways : news.royal-orchid-plus.com/home/info/marapr2018/basic/en/184

Earn double miles for stays between 1 March and 31 May 2018 at choice destinations across Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Indonesia and Singapore.
(Note that lower down the page and in the T&C's the countries are: Thailand, Singapore, Korea, Indonesia, Vietnam and Malaysia)

Note:
* A stay constitutes a “Qualifying Stay” when member stays on the Double Bonus Package (Rate Code IKDBP)
* Only one room per member per Double Bonus Package Stay will be awarded the applicable bonus miles.

Jon Maiman Mar 24, 2018 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by Expat_852 (Post 29560918)
Earn on stays February 1 – May 15

* Choose to earn status faster and enjoy Elite status perks like Priority Check-Ins, upgrades, and Elite rollover nights.
* Or choose to earn points faster that you can redeem for catalog items, Reward Nights, and more.
* To earn, just register and stay for business or leisure between February 1 and May 15.
* You can also earn 2,000 bonus points for every stay at Crowne Plaza® hotels & resorts across the globe.

www.ihg.com/content/us/en/deals/b2b/yourchoice

Fast track to Elite status
Stay twice and earn Gold Elite status. Stay five times and earn Platinum Elite status. Plus 2,000 points on every Crowne Plaza stay.

Triple Points
Earn triple points on all stays up to 35,000 points. Plus 2,000 points on every Crowne Plaza stay.

Note:
The Your Choice Offer allows full time employees of an Eligible Company to choose between a status and points offer for earning.

Nice promo, unfortunately my employer isn't one of the eligible companies.

---Jon