Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2017, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
2018 Master Promo Wiki

Introduction & Disclaimer

This thread is supposed to focuse on those promotions, which are not general quartely promotions, but e.g. run by individual hotel, chains or regions. The promotion thread for 2017 could be found here

We want to highlight, that you can only register for the promotion which you are targeted for. For further reference we would like to draw your attention to this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...ion-codes.html

Big Promotions

IHG Accelerate Promotion (January 01 - April 30)
This promotion is discussed in this thread

Special Promotions

List of hotel offering bonus points
http://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/glob...X-MHR-BPP.html

Not always worth the extra money. But usually thise bonus points count as "qualification points".
Print Wikipost

Promotion Discussion Thread 2018

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2018, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by beedo
Can anyone respond please?/.. appreciate any guidance on that
To answer your question, that all changed several years ago, and the promos you're speaking of don't exist anymore in any form.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 7:40 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by stets
To answer your question, that all changed several years ago, and the promos you're speaking of don't exist anymore in any form.
Thats not correct, there are still targeted promos around using codes, and occasionally can be found in the sticky. 33797 is a stay once get a bonus 3000 points code for instance

Last edited by markis10; Sep 23, 2018 at 7:46 pm
Old Sep 29, 2018, 11:52 am

Programs: Priority club , Platinum Royal Ambassador
Thanks Markis10... How do i sign up for this promo?
Old Oct 5, 2018, 2:38 am

Programs: Priority Club
Hi all,

just wondering if stays on the UK Autumn promo for 25% off stays will still still count towards the current Double points promo ?

Thanks for any feedback from previous experience.

Cheers,

UKD
Old Nov 7, 2018, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Under my offers, I see something called Birthday Gift. But it doesn't say what it is? Does anyone know?
Old Nov 8, 2018, 12:43 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de Actes Bénéfiques pour les Autres, BAEC Gold.
Originally Posted by stimpy
Under my offers, I see something called Birthday Gift. But it doesn't say what it is? Does anyone know?
They credit 'free' points to your account on your birthday.

Earlier this year I got 1000 points credited on my birthday.

BM
Old Nov 9, 2018, 3:57 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Marriott LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by BarneyMcGrew
They credit 'free' points to your account on your birthday.

Earlier this year I got 1000 points credited on my birthday.

BM
No free points for me. past 2 years IHG asked me to stay 2 continuous weekend nights to credit the Birthday Points.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 3:09 am
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
Kimpton Cyber Monday Sale (IHG Rewards Club Members)

According to a number of blogs, Kimpton has started its Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale. Book by Nov 30, stay through Mar 30. It's supposed to be 25 to 40 per cent off the best available rate. Linky:

http://www.ihg.com/kimptonhotels/con...s/cyber-monday

Now, the link works, but I can't find any availability. Not so unusual with IHG... Nevertheless, is anybody able to book this as of right now?
Old Nov 21, 2018, 6:03 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Originally Posted by 1flyer
According to a number of blogs, Kimpton has started its Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale. Book by Nov 30, stay through Mar 30. It's supposed to be 25 to 40 per cent off the best available rate. Linky:

http://www.ihg.com/kimptonhotels/con...s/cyber-monday

Now, the link works, but I can't find any availability. Not so unusual with IHG... Nevertheless, is anybody able to book this as of right now?
Hidden in the bullet list of details is this is for prepaid or non-refundable rates only. This contradicts the description of off of the best flexible rate in the main paragraph description of the promo. Misleading at best. Deceptive would be a more accurate description of the wording for the promotion. I looked at it for an upcoming stay in Philly (Palomar would have been a good location for me); however, non-refundable rates are a non-starter for me. While my small sample set is small, it does appear that it is for non-refundable rates only. Has anyone else found availability for a flexible rate?

--Jon
Old Nov 30, 2018, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I'm really surprised that this current promotion hasn't been mentioned here, although there is a thread over in the Miles Buzz forum. If you tweet or instagram a photo of yourself either in an IHG hotel or at home, you can get 5,000 points. I uploaded a pic of myself in the garden, so we will see if that works out. Get a move on, it would appear the promo is limited to the first 10,000 participants:

https://homewithihg.com/?_PMID=99634...omewithihg.com
Old Nov 30, 2018, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by Concerto
I'm really surprised that this current promotion hasn't been mentioned here, although there is a thread over in the Miles Buzz forum. If you tweet or instagram a photo of yourself either in an IHG hotel or at home, you can get 5,000 points. I uploaded a pic of myself in the garden, so we will see if that works out. Get a move on, it would appear the promo is limited to the first 10,000 participants:

https://homewithihg.com/?_PMID=99634...omewithihg.com
I would not publicly post a picture of myself on social media for 100,000 points.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 5:19 pm

Programs: Hilton - Diamond; SPG/Marriott - Gold
Done! DoC posted that they expanded this promotion as it had previously reached its limit.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 5:33 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo

I would not publicly post a picture of myself on social media for 100,000 points.
Ugly
Old Nov 30, 2018, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Ugly
That’s not the reason
Old Dec 12, 2018, 9:03 pm

Programs: Hilton - Diamond; SPG/Marriott - Gold
Originally Posted by Blind and Green
Done! DoC posted that they expanded this promotion as it had previously reached its limit.
The 5,000 points posted yesterday.... quick and easy promotion!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.