Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2017, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
2018 Master Promo Wiki

Introduction & Disclaimer

This thread is supposed to focuse on those promotions, which are not general quartely promotions, but e.g. run by individual hotel, chains or regions. The promotion thread for 2017 could be found here

We want to highlight, that you can only register for the promotion which you are targeted for. For further reference we would like to draw your attention to this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...ion-codes.html

Big Promotions

IHG Accelerate Promotion (January 01 - April 30)
This promotion is discussed in this thread

Special Promotions

List of hotel offering bonus points
http://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/glob...X-MHR-BPP.html

Not always worth the extra money. But usually thise bonus points count as "qualification points".
Print Wikipost

Promotion Discussion Thread 2018

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2018, 10:30 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Kremmen
Until 15 June, there's a 100% bonus when buying IHG points. That makes them 0.5c/pt so long as you buy 26k+. (i.e. 52k+ after bonus)

Until 30 June, there's a 50% bonus when transferring IHG points to United miles. You earn 3k UA miles per 10k IHG, instead of the usual 2k. That makes them 1.67c/mile.

If you have a bonus for buying points in the current quarter's Accelerate, then it's even a tiny bit cheaper.
As a heads up, I just called to transfer 210,000 IHG points to United miles. The Filipina rep told me they would convert at 10,000 to 2,000. I told her about the promotion, she checked with her colleagues and agreed it would be 10,000 to 3,000. Then she said something weird like the minimum points she could transfer is 120,000. Then she said would have to contact a colleague to do the transfer and it would take 3-5 days for a deduction from my account and 4-6 weeks for the miles to post at United. She asked for my phone number and said she would call me when the transaction was done on their end.

It seems they are making this far more complicated than they need to.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 8:39 pm

Programs: oneworld *A,Nexus/GE
Hi all, not sure the right place to express my concern and feel free to move, recently took the 100% bonus points purchase promotion . However got the e-mail receipt and credit card charged and they decide not to honour my bonus points. Try to escalate to Rewards Club Manager. She said the problem was my credit not go through and only compensation is 10,000 points but no bonus. Is this company trustworthy , never again. I think they like to bully non-status member. Hope anyone experience this and give me some insight. Now I will move on and try to stay away their program even though the hotel is fit my travel need.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 2:18 am

Programs: IHG Spire, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Mordac
Is this for US rentals only? I can't find any locations in the UK!
Worldwide as far I can tell. Typing in the location box gives 3 options for various international locations. It may be that if there are more than 3 possible options the one you are looking for does not show.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 12:34 pm

Programs: oneworld *A,Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by ncncyoo
Hi all, not sure the right place to express my concern and feel free to move, recently took the 100% bonus points purchase promotion . However got the e-mail receipt and credit card charged and they decide not to honour my bonus points. Try to escalate to Rewards Club Manager. She said the problem was my credit not go through and only compensation is 10,000 points but no bonus. Is this company trustworthy , never again. I think they like to bully non-status member. Hope anyone experience this and give me some insight. Now I will move on and try to stay away their program even though the hotel is fit my travel need.
Just got few phone call from Manila call center, they said I can buy small amount but not large amount because of my account . It is an absolute double standard for the IHG Rewards Club member. I am planning to sue them in the small claim court.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 8:17 pm

Is there a legit reason why transfer to United takes 4-6 weeks when it should take a few minutes? I realize its part of the offer terms but still.....why so long? Has anyone had luck getting the transfer expedited?

Originally Posted by Kremmen
Until 15 June, there's a 100% bonus when buying IHG points. That makes them 0.5c/pt so long as you buy 26k+. (i.e. 52k+ after bonus)

Until 30 June, there's a 50% bonus when transferring IHG points to United miles. You earn 3k UA miles per 10k IHG, instead of the usual 2k. That makes them 1.67c/mile.

If you have a bonus for buying points in the current quarter's Accelerate, then it's even a tiny bit cheaper.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 12:08 pm

Does nyone have any insight on when the next point sale will be? Thanks.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by asdfghjk
Does nyone have any insight on when the next point sale will be? Thanks.
Now, just received an Email with an 100% bonus offer (eg. 100k + 100k bonus for $ 1000).
Old Jul 18, 2018, 7:25 am

I purchased 18k points (9k + 9k bonus) to top off my account, but only the 9k have appeared in my account! How long does it take for the bonus 9k to show up? A little surprised it's not immediate (my first time buying points from ihg).
Old Jul 18, 2018, 7:47 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
That should be immediate in my experience
Old Jul 18, 2018, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by jphripjah
That should be immediate in my experience
Thanks! I fired off an email to customer service.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 8:52 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
Is this a poorly designed IHG promo....or just marketing gibberish?

Earn 10,000 bonus points at a new hotel

Dear XXX

Whether you’re looking for a luxurious escape, affordable getaway, or simply taking a business trip, IHG® has a place for you.

With a variety of new and featured IHG® properties all across North America, you have even more hotels to choose from. And now you can earn up to 10,000 bonus points when you book from 7/11-9/30 and stay through 7/11-10/31.

What will be your next destination?
There are no T&C listed on the e-mail, and the link just takes you to the IHG site, not to any special promo page. This email seems to be a perfectly good waste of some electrons
Old Aug 2, 2018, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by ecaarch
There are no T&C listed on the e-mail, and the link just takes you to the IHG site, not to any special promo page. This email seems to be a perfectly good waste of some electrons
I got the same email, and also can't quite figure it out. But when I click the "book now" button in the email, it takes me to a page listing "New Hotels" and "Featured Hotels" (9 of each), which makes me think that maybe the offer is only for stays at the listed hotels.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 10:03 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Like swag, I get taken to a page with new hotels and featured hotels, and like ecaarch, there are no terms and conditions. In particular, I wonder if there is a time limit. But read on—I wonder if there is even an offer.

Just before the booking line of the web page is the sentence "Use the search bar below to plan your trip and add up to 10,000 points to your stay." This sounds suspiciously similar to other offers I've received from IHG to get bonus points, but which turn out to be offers for me to buy a rate that includes extra points. However...

When I start to make a dummy booking, I do have a special rate ("IHG® Rewards Club – 10,000 Bonus Points") selected. But, when I go to the next step in the booking process, the page says no dates with that rate are available. When I click the Show Available Dates link, I find that no dates are available from now through the end of November.

I have no reason to believe I saw a customized list, but here are the hotels that were presented to me.

New Hotels
EVEN Hotel/Staybridge Suites Seattle (apparently both)
Hotel Indigo Harrisburg - Hershey
Holiday Inn & Suites Bellingham
Holiday Inn Orlando - International Airport
Staybridge Suites Lake Jackson
EVEN Hotel Eugene
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta N - Woodstock
Holiday Inn & Suites Sioux Falls - Airport
Staybridge Suites Niagara-On-The-Lake

Featured hotels
InterContinental New York Times Square
Staybridge Suites Naples - Gulf Coast
Candlewood Suites Jersey City
Staybridge Suits Times Square - New York
EVEN Hotel Sarasota - Lakewood Ranch
Holiday Inn Resort Jekyll Island
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marathon
Hotel Indigo Pittsburgh East Liberty
Crowne Plaza Barranquilla
Old Aug 2, 2018, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by serpens
In particular, I wonder if there is a time limit.
The text of my email included "when you book from 7/11-9/30 and stay through 7/11-10/31. "

My hotel list matches yours.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 11:39 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by swag
I got the same email, and also can't quite figure it out.
A well-written e-mail would have easily pre-empted all these questions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.