Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences 2018

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2018, 4:32 pm

IC Hong Kong

IC Hong Kong

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked Deluxe Harbour view and got the xx16 junior suite which is my favoured room type. They seem to be very strict with the 2 category upgrade.
(same for 2 different stays both within about one week)

How are the rooms?
Showing age, bit nice and well kept. View is great.
Big Jacuzzi bathtub, shower with steam function

How is the exec. lounge?
Still the best of any IC I know.

Did you receive a welcome gift?
A branded pen (both times)
They have a new voucher: choice of minibar credit, welcome points or drinks in the lobby bar

How was the minibar?
Very nice, but no bubbly.

What was good and what was bad?
+ view
+ lounge
+ service
- location: the escalator in front of the hotel down to the walkway is gone. Elevator still there, but sometimes there is a line of people waiting
- no free sauna for guests
​​​​​​​
Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
It is not cheap but worth the money

Would you return?[/QUOTE]
Absolutely, Looks like they are currently planning to close after chinese new year 2020.
FLYGVA and Raynyan like this.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 4:47 pm

IC Hua Hin

IC Hua Hin

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

Booked Premier, got Resort Classic Suite

How are the rooms?
One big room with a big terrace on the top floor of building 1 (next to the road on the ocean side)

How is the exec. lounge?
First time there since they opened the new lounge. Very nice. ok selection for breakfast (can also go to the restaurant), high tea and happy hour, but quality could be better

Toi bottles of massage oil

How was the minibar?
A bit disappointing

+ Big nice room
+ staff
- some street noise in the room
+ good set of activities, nice pool
+ blueport shopping mall across the street with many restaurants, nice supermarket
+ easy to reach from Bangkok, typical one way costs 2200 bath for a SUV, about 3 hours.

good

Would you return?[/QUOTE]
yes
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 4:55 pm

IC Bangkok

IC Bangkok

Yes

Booked cheapest, got club room (same room on higher floor) on two different stays

My experience exactly mirrors scubaccr's review from Dec16, down to the number of fruits on the fruit plate. Could just have copied his.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 3:58 am

Programs: Infinity Milage Lands Gold,Star Alliance Gold, IHG Diamond RA, Kimpton Inner Circle
IC London The O2

IC London The O2

Yes very happy, booked 2 rooms 1 for 3 nights paid and the other a 1 night reward booking

Booked a twin deluxe for 3 nights which was upgraded to a 1 Bed city Intercontinental Suite and for the 1 night reward a superior room which was upgraded to a club room

How are the rooms?
Excellent condition still, the 1 Bed suite is a good size it has a guest bathroom as you enter to the left with the lounge area straight ahead which consisted of a dining table and a sofa which could also be converted in to a bed this faced the window which had a nice view of the river. The separate bedroom was quite large lovely comfortable bed nice view of the river again 42inch tv in both rooms there is also a small desk as you walk to where the wardrobes and entrance to the main bathroom are. Ok size bathroom although the bath tub is a little small but the separate rain shower is a decent size, Anne Semonin toiletries which were quite nice.
Also should add that we had no issue with the aircon we were able to adjust the temp without issue we had it set at 18 degrees for most of the stay.

How is the exec. lounge?
Only used the lounge for evening drinks but found it enjoyable for the most part, It was self service while we were there, the drinks were well stocked with 5 or 6 choices of beer and a cider option most of the normal spirit options nothing outstanding but decent enough and the wine options were a couple of red and white and 1 sparkling there were plenty of bottles so you could take one to your table if you wanted.
They had the usual selection of soft drinks and juices but what was nice was a fridge that was away from the main f&b area that had the addition of Franklin & Sons soft drinks I'm assuming this is the fridge to get drinks from outside of the evening drinks time.
Food was fairly limited with 3 hot snacks things like chicken satay and crispy prawns plus a couple of cold options with some cheese taste was decent enough to go with a few drinks might not satisfy someone on a work trip but we had dinner plans each night so was ok.
One thing of note is children are allowed and one night was full with families with young children which some may not enjoy although there are 2 sitting areas and the families did seem to head towards the one at the left of the entrance at the back.

A Christmas themed box of macarons

How was the minibar?
Nothing special 2 beers 1 cider 2 white wine which were not bad usual soft drinks and 4 miniatures also a Ł20 phone charger and adaptor kit which my 14yr old decided to open lucky for him it was not charged, all of which were replenished daily without having to ask.

-Good
Full RA benefits for both rooms
Audrey from guest relations called the day before to check room upgrades were suitable as the original booking for 1 of the rooms was for twin beds
Breakfast in main restaurant
The Bed was very very comfortable
Club Lounge although different from say Bangkok or Hong Kong in terms of service but we still had a good time there
Location and View

-Bad
Check in was a little slow and the fact that I had 3 paid nights on 2 separate bookings seemed to throw the 2 staff off the first was a trainee who asked for assistance from another member of staff fair enough but the second member of staff seemed to get flustered by it also. I was also told at check in my keys would need re-coding due to the 2 separate bookings which I thought odd but after the second night I did have to get the keys re-done which I have never had to do before.

Great upgrade on both the paid room and reward room, rate we paid for time of year was also good so felt we got excellent value.

Would you return?
Yes in a couple of weeks.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 6:06 am

Programs: EK Gold, SK*G, IHG Diamond Amb
IC Fujairah (UAE)

IC Fujairah (UAE)

Booked two standard rooms for 5 nights. Both upgraded to Club Rooms with Club access. One Jr Suite and one standard.
Had planned to use points for the last two night but then Club would cost 350DHS/night for 1st room and 500DHS/night for 2nd room, so changed to paid night. 350DHS/night is the discounted AMB club access cost for booking of 5 nights and more

How are the rooms?
Modern design with practical solutions. Nice size balconies.
Jr. Suits is one large room with a sofa.

How is the exec. lounge?
Very nice and great service. Quiet the first three nights.
We loved the afternoon tea - different theme every day with live misic. Breakfast we had in the main restaurant.
Evening canape were tastfull and served in style!
A small exclusive swimming pool

Yes - but nothing special.

How was the minibar?
Good selection, but missed the diet coke Were added after request.

Good:
New property with modens design and practical rooms
Fantastic kids club (facility and staff)
Very nice and large outdoor gardens
Direct beach access
Upgrade to club for two rooms!
Service at Club
Nice weather in late november
Good breakfast spread
Location - great for diving (not my thing)

Bad:
Location - far away from everything. a couple of other hotels and a petrol station nearby
2 hours drive from DXB
​​​​​​​
Yes great value for the money. Average rate around 500DHS/night. Last night was UAE national day so rate doubled!

Would you return?
Definitely - we loved this place. Booked for next year!
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 6:20 am

Programs: EK Gold, SK*G, IHG Diamond Amb
IC Dubai Festival City

IC Dubai Festival City (UAE)

Booked two standard rooms for 3 nights. Upgraded to 2BR Club Suite after discussion with Club Lounge manager. Good solution for family of three + my parents.

How are the rooms?
My favourite IC design. Very modern and still look fresh 10 years after opening.

How is the exec. lounge?
Good service. Club Manager just moved from IC Dubai Marina and took very well care of us (Alexa).
The Club area is large. We only had afternoon tea in the Club - good selection of sweet and sandwiches.
Breakfast in main restaurant is one of the best IC breakfast I know of.
Evening canape were provided in alternative venue downstairs due to kids policy in the Club Lounge. Tastfull selection

Yes - USB stick.

How was the minibar?
Good selection, and stocked up with plenty of diet coke

Good:
Nice upgrade with Club access for whole family of 5.
Nice swimming pool area
Direct access to the mall
Fountain show in the eveing. Kid love it.
Breakfast

Bad:
One day with rain!!
​​​​​​​
Yes great value for the money.

Would you return?
Yes always - my favourite hotel in Dubai.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.