Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences 2018

Old Nov 21, 2018, 2:36 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Intercontinental Singapore Robertson Quay

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yeah, sadly only 1 night.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked cheapest, received club room.

How are the rooms?
Nicely furnished with a modern touch. Reasonable size but nothing special. I liked the room.

How is the exec. lounge?
I only tried it at breakfast and it was good. An outdoor seating area if required. Good buffet spread and cooked to order items. The service was also good.

Did you receive a welcome gift?
A jar of IC branded Singapore Jam stuff.

How was the minibar?
Very good actually! lots of liquids / syrups to make your own cocktails. Although the quality of the bottles weren't ultra high I really liked what they tried to do here.

What was good and what was bad?

-Good
Service
Room
Minibar
Lounge Breakfast

-Bad
It was raining heavily outside and the rain hitting the windows / surfaces was pretty loud! But eh, not alot that can be done about that.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
Yeah (I paid in $)

Would you return?
Yes
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 2:40 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Intercontinental Shenzhen

Yes

Booked a basic room and received a Junior Suite (I think)

How are the rooms?
Good, seperate wardrobe and bathroom. A large square bath tub with seperate shower. The bedroom area itself was fine. Nothing amazing but was all good.

How is the exec. lounge?
I only tried breakfast but it was good. A fair different cooked to order products and a fair sized buffet. The service was good but ugh, crap coffee.

A few things actually but most notably was a fridge magnet...of a random Spanish city?!?!?!?!... it did make me laugh.

How was the minibar?
Average but no wine!

-Good
Location relative to my work...
I feel I wasn't there long enough to say anything was special.

-Bad
My colleague who is only an Ambassador received a better room upgrade than me...?

Yes

Would you return?
Yes
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 11:19 am

InterContinental Bucharest

Were you generally happy with the hotel?
Yes!

Club Room ---> Imperial Suite

How was the room?
ca. 240 sqm, 19th floor, 2 bedrooms, 3 balconies, kitchenette, 2 mini-bars, 1 fridge, 2 bathrooms, 1 WC, Steinway-piano, jacuzzi, sauna. Bed was super comfortable.

How is the exec. lounge?
Breakfast: 6.30-11am. Choice between restaurant & club. I prefer club.
Tea time: 2-5pm. Offering was decent, little pastries and sandwiches.
Happy hour with light dinner from 5pm to 8pm. You may replace a meal easily. Fries, beef tenderloin, pork, chicken, fish ...

I got a handmade plate.

How was the mini-bar?
Decent. 4x hard liqueur, red + white wine, chocolates, nuts, and soft drinks.

What was good?
-upgrade
-snacks were complimentary
- RA treatment
- late check out at 6pm
- 2 big bottles of red wine (2x0,7l)
​​
Value for $/points?
Paid about 125EUR/night with IHG meeting credits prepaid card. They sell room 1901 for ca. 1300EUR/night. So it might be good value.

Would you return?
Yes!

FLYGVA and Lewis42 like this.

Last edited by Cielito_; Dec 11, 2018 at 5:27 pm
Old Nov 28, 2018, 10:26 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
InterContinental Boston

Yes

Superior suite, and deluxe standard room, stayed in the Penthouse South (1201), and a double bed deluxe nxt door (1210).

How was the room?
King bedroom, and lot of floor to ceiling glass overlooking balcony, and Boston waterfront/river, nice kitchenette, and 8 seat dining table, 3.1K sqft, and the double deluxe adjoining was quite spacious.

How is the exec. lounge?
Very good, quality, and variety for both food, and beverage. Service was also good, in relaxed environment. we had breakfast on the first morning, of our four night stay. they cooked to order omelettes, and bacon and eggs. the next morning was very busy so they accommodated us in the restaurant, and we ate our breakfasts there for the remainder of the stay.

Wine, Sancerre, of my choosing, with assorted nuts, chocolates, truffles, and chocolate coated raisins, fruit, and bottles of mineral water
with a printed welcome letter from the GM, and a more personalized hand written welcome note from the Duty Manager.

How was the mini-bar?
Good, champagne, large vodka, variety of spirits, juices, soft drinks, and snacks. All charges were taken off without question, there was one Pringles, and two cashews charged for, we hadn't eaten the cashews, and they took those, and the Pringles off, their policy is beverages only.

What was good?
RA treatment, upgrade was two tier, into their second best suite, no complaints, point of contact, front desk manager made everything happen smoothly, she did a really good job.
​​
Value for $/points?
yes, reasonable value.

Would you return?
Yes!
FLYGVA likes this.

Last edited by FLYGVA; Nov 29, 2018 at 12:18 am Reason: typo in hotel name
Old Dec 2, 2018, 8:50 am

IC "Stephen F. Austin" Austin

IC "Stephen F. Austin" Austin

The hotel was relatively ok, but in many areas felt more like a Crowne Plaza than a 5 star.
The club lounge was the worst in years. Not happy.

After checking with the hotel about their upgrade policy I booked a 'King Deluxe' (around 15 % more than cheapest) and got a Suite (size of two regular rooms)

How are the rooms?
Showing age, but reasonably well kept. Bedroom with king size bed, living room with table, sofa. Work desk unfortunately in the bedroom. Extra toilet.
Bathroom is huge, but complete waste of space. Small bathtub/shower combination in one corner (the type which is too low to take a bath), huge empty area.

How is the exec. lounge?
The worst lounge at any IC in the last few years.
Arrived in the afternoon. They are advertising 'Afternoon Refresh - The, Champagne and light snacks'. What they actually have is: an otherwise empty buffet with a plate with two cookies, some nuts. The Champagne is actually a cheap Cava. No server. No coffee. No soft drinks.
In the evening the had a few food items (very limited and low quality) and the same Cava again.
In the mornings they use the club lounge as regular breakfast venue. They have s small buffet (free for club guest) and a menu with made to order items (they charge for club guest - that is a first for me). Even with no extra charges you had to sign the check (do they expect tips?).

Really generous: one apple (already rotten inside), one small bag of popcorn. Also two wineglasses and a bottle opener on the table, but no wine. Only one bottle of water (never replenished).

How was the minibar?
Average, but had 1/2 bottle of low end champage.
Not refilled automatically. Had to call every day.

-Good
- Location just in the middle of downtown
- Most of the staff was helpful and friendly

- Very Bad
- Club lounge in every aspect (food, service, location)
- Welcome gift

Not good. The hotel is overpriced for what they offer.

Would you return?
No.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 10:52 am

Programs: IHG Royal Ambassador
ANA InterContinental Manza Beach Resort

ANA InterContinental Manza Beach Resort

What is your IHG Rewards Club status?

Spire Royal Ambassador

YES

Booked High Floor Room, Received Club Deluxe Corner Suite. Second Highest category room of this hotel.

How are the rooms?
This room is newly renovated in 2017. 64sqm, Hollywood style (attached) twin bed, Marble Bathroom with deep sunken tub. Famous TOTO's Washlet toilet, 2x 43inches Panasonic LCD TV, Sharp Plasma-cluster air cleaner, and Terrace with small dining table/daybeds. Toiletries are both L’occitane and Agraria. Coffee maker has been replaced to UCC Drip Pod, but according to GM’s comment, Nespresso will soon be back again.

Video of Club Deluxe Corner Suite:

How is the exec. lounge?
Relocated to lobby floor from penthouse floor. Really beautiful and great lounge. Excellent view, good comfort sofas and chairs, terrace seat. F&B qualities are also very nice. Excellent a la carte and buffet selections in breakfast. Decent champagne (Perrier-Jouët or G.H.Mumm) is offered in cocktail time.

Video of New Club InterContinental Lounge:

Now old penthouse lounge has been closed and will convert to Suite in early 2019.

How was the mini-bar?
Same to my last stay. So-so.

What was your welcome gift?
Kitchen towels by Okinawan clothes and Stone doll of Shisa (Okinawan guardian lions).

Did you receive fruit in the room?
Yes I choose snack. Very nice.

What was good?
++++++++++ Guest recognition (room upgrade, every managements came to greet me)
++++++++ Lot of restaurant outlets selection. quality is also excellent. (My recommendation is Ishigaki or Motobu Beef Shabu-Shabu at Japanese Restaurant UNKAI.)
+++++ Lot of resort activities. Scuba diving training/tour, Sea walk, Fishing, Cruising, Sea park, Private Beach, Pools, Whale watching tour, and etc...
+++++ Convenience Store and Souvenir Shop.

What was bad?
- No menu/price list of restaurant outlets on web.
- No in-house ATM (but will soon install)

Value for $ or Rewards Club Points?
Yes

Would you return?
Yes
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 5:12 am

Programs: Infinity Milage Lands Gold,Star Alliance Gold, IHG Diamond RA, Kimpton Inner Circle
IC Resort Hua Hin

IC Resort Hua Hin

Yes, 3rd stay this year keeps getting better.

Resort Premier Room on a BOGO + 1 paid night and 11 award nights received our usual Resort Classic Suite room 2305

How are the rooms?
Large open plan room with very comfortable bed and furniture, large bathroom with his and hers sink huge deep soaking tub and a separate rain shower also very spacious. There is also a good size closet just to the left of the entrance to store your luggage and hang your clothes ideal for a long stay, the view is directly down the middle of the resort looking over the gardens then pool and finally the sea. We have stayed in a couple of room types at the resort but this is by far our favourite.

How is the exec. lounge
Excellent, the staff there are fantastic really makes it stand out for us a real pleasure for any time of the day, Breakfast has a small buffet of cold items plus ala carte menu which does not have a huge amount of choices eggs and a couple of Asian dishes but they were very accommodating with of menu items if the normal egg dishes are not your thing my partner had something different most days although she speaks thai which would have helped. Afternoon tea has 3 different sets to choose from all very good quality and they are happy to serve you extra of anything you like from any set the sausages with the Asian set are very tasty.
Evening drinks had a nice relaxed feel with no rush on last orders as in some lounges some evenings went well beyond the stated finish time which was nice and very fitting for a beach resort no need for the business like cut off at some other lounges around the world.

Thai sweets, some samples from the spa and best of all after the 3 hour ride from Bangkok an Ice bucket full of Singha Beer waiting for us which for me shows real thought from the club team as to what we like from our previous stays.

How was the minibar?
Mini bar is average with only 2 beers and a few soft drinks they also place all the spirits in the fridge which are supposedly free only once there is also red and white wine and a half bottle of Prosecco which is not bad.

-Good
Club lounge team and everything offered
New menu at Azure restaurant and overall food quality was excellent
Full RA benefits and more
Cleanliness of the whole resort
room upgrade

-Bad
Nothing

Excellent value with full RA benefits on a mostly award stay

Would you return?
Yes without question 3 stays this year hopefully the same next year....
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 5:57 am

Smile The Strings by InterContinental Tokyo

The Strings by InterContinental Tokyo

Spire Royal Ambassador

Yes, very.

Booked Executive Suite, Received Presidential Suite “The Peak Suite”.

How are the rooms?
104sqm. Jacuzzi with view bathroom, 50inch SONY LCD TV, Blu-ray player, BOSE Sound System, Nespresso, Toiletries are THANN. The differences between Executive Suite are living room and small kitchenette. Bedroom and bathroom are completely same structures and equipments to the Executive Suite.

Video of Presidential Suite “The Peak Suite” :

How is the Club Lounge?
N/A

You can purchase Dining Room Passport (similar service of the CLUB, JPY10,000.- par person. For RA, JPY6,000.- par person as special discount. Not given complimentary access as standard RA benefit) upon check in. This hotel is now preparing for new Club Lounge project. It will open in the 2H of 2019, and convert from Chinese restaurant’s private dining rooms on the lobby floor.

What was your welcome gift?
Japanese rice cracker "Okaki" and rice cake sweets “Shinagawa-mochi”.

How was the mini-bar?
Not great. For suites, recently added the piccolo bottle of Spumante.

Did you receive fruit in the room?
Yes

GOOD
++++++++++ Regular Guest recognition (Received Dining Room Passport)
+++++ Upgrade (Presidential Suite + 10K points)
+++++ Delicious Breakfast
+++++ Tapa-tizers® (cocktail time meal plate)

BAD
None

Value for $ or Rewards Club Points?
Yes

Would you return?
Yes
FLYGVA and #1son like this.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 7:20 am
Was eufto

Programs: UA 1K, AS Gold, Marriott/SPG Plat, IC RA, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Hertz PC
InterContinental Frankfurt

InterContinental Frankfurt

Spire Royal Ambassador

Yea, consistent treatment & upgrades. Have been staying for a few days every week for a few months now.

Received two-category upgrade consistently, always with Club access.
(Standard -> Superior)
(1 Bed 1st Fl -> Jr Suite)
(Deluxe -> Suite)

How are the rooms?
Adequately furnished rooms, traditional style. Rooms are comfortable and spacious.

How is the exec. lounge?
Breakfast and evening hors d'oeuvres are good. Decent buffet spread and eggs-cooked-to-order items. The service was really good..

Varies: shoe horn with polish, bag hanging hook, full-sized bottle of wine

How was the minibar?
Not bad, lacks bubbly, but includes Apfelwein.

-Good
Service (Guest Relations staff is great)
Room size
Lounge (food and drink spread is decent, staff is also great)

-Bad
Older interior showing it's age.

Yeah (I paid in $)

Would you return?
Yes
FLYGVA likes this.

Last edited by Potay; Dec 10, 2018 at 7:21 am Reason: forgot to include status
Old Dec 11, 2018, 4:46 pm

InterContinental Lisbon

Yes. 8/10

Executive River View ---> Duplex Suite

How was the room?
ca. 60 sqm, 18th floor, 1small bedroom, 1 living room with 1 sofa, desk, TV & WC, no table for dinner. Nice modern design, recently renovated.

How is the exec. lounge?
Breakfast: 6.30-11am.
Tea time: 2-5pm. Offering was decent, little pastries and sandwiches.
Happy hour with light dinner from 5 to 7pm. Mostly miniature canapés.

2 tea bags from the lounge .....

How was the mini-bar?
Very nice. See pictures below.
My grandma will miss the 50€ rosé champagne if mini-bar cap 50USD/night comes

What was good?
- Entire Mini-bar was complimentary.
- Room, lobby & lounge recently renovated.
- lounge offerings.

What was bad?
- Highest category, that is not excluded from upgrades, without a bathtub. I definitely did no expect that.
- No SPA.
- Mini-bar in living room level 0, bed room level 1. So had to climb stairs, up & down, every time I or my grandma wanted sth.
- Got a courtesy call prior arrival informing me, I was upgraded to Presidential Suite. I double checked this on the app. With joy I invited my aunt and cousin to accompany me to enjoy the extra space.
Fortunately, both had no time. A few hours before arrival the app showed me Duplex Suite.
- No breakfast in restaurant.

Value for €?
Paid about 170EUR/night with IHG meeting credits prepaid card. With lounge & mini-bar, it was good value.

Would you return?
Yes. But will definitely not book higher category than standard room.

FLYGVA likes this.

Last edited by Cielito_; Dec 13, 2018 at 12:24 am
Old Dec 16, 2018, 5:54 am

IC Shenzhen China

IC Shenzhen China

Absoltely

Booked a regular suite with their 2 day min suite special. Had to change to one night later. They kept the room type and price intact. Received a Chinese themed suite next to the club lounge on the 7th floor.

How are the rooms?
Nice, big, likely almost 100 sqm. Big living room, bathroom (huge tub and separate shower) similar to the regular suites, bit bedroom, separate toilet next to living room

How is the exec. lounge?
Selection is pretty good in the evening and for breakfast (improved compared to before). Service can be a bit hit an miss but generally ok.

Fruits, cookies, 2 truffles, water (same as on previous visits)

How was the minibar?
Minimalistic. No more bubbly. Looked almost sanitized - strange for one of their bigger suites

- Check in very unprofessional (took forever, did not know the time for happy hour at clublounge, she called and then told it is from 2:30 to 4:30 pm....)
+ Nice big suite
+ Big bathtub
+ Fast internet, US sites are not blocked
- Minibar
- Agraria amenities
+- Some very nice and helpful employees, but also some untrained and completely lost ones.

Price is reasonsble

Would you return?
Yes
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 9:50 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
IC Bangkok

IC Bangkok

Yes as usual

Booked = Grand Deluxe
Given = Club Room

How are the rooms?
Well furnished, nice decor, good condition, loads of storage space, very decent size.
Bathroom has both bath and separate shower cubicle , alas Agraria toiletries
Club rooms (and above) now all have a nespresso type coffee machine

How is the exec. lounge?
No recent changes. Top floor, very large, well furnished, attentive staff
Good self serve cold b/f choices, plus to order hot items menu from lounge kitchen chef
Plenty of cold items evening, but warm is plate of 4x mini canape offerings
Good alcohol, cocktails, sparkling wines, beers and spirits
occasionally chef station in lounge making something, my visit one of my nights (Wednesday) a thai mango salad

750cl Red aussie wine (screw cap)
The usual tea-scented elephant (note still have a teddy but is 1/3rd the old teddy versions size)
Fruit plate, 5 Apples, 6 mini-bananas, 3 mandarins

How was the minibar?
As before = 6x 20cl spirits , 1x each soda type, 2x thai beer, 2x uk beer, 2x japan beer, 1 Evian, 1 Perrier
Changed = By order with charge, 375cl champagne AND the missing 375cl Penfolds Red + White wines

-Good
Minibar
Early checkin (9.30am on my arrival, but seemingly ready much earlier as gift/fruit/card etc already in my room)
Lounge Access allows restaurant breakfast (though my room rate includes anyway)
upgraded online within 48hours after booking, 1month ahead (as always)
great lounge staff here (both desk staff and lounge staff)
offered 4pm checkout during checkin (not needed this visit)

-Bad
(nothing)

- Neutral
2cat RA + Lounge upgrade is really only 2cat upgrade on base rooms as rooms are all identical size, Deluxe/Exec/Club (and identical in size and layout)

On corp rate yes.
Especially good value if RA books Exec Room, as then 2cat upgrade is to 2room Corner Suite
Bangkok Marriott-Chain/Conrad also the same pricepoint, and have good lounges, BUT usually give me a suite from base room, unlike the IC who will not give a suite on base room

Would you return?
Yes, i have and will again whilst/if still RA
Though I also really like the Conrad (and prefer Conrad for Suites and nowadays prefer Conrad lounge offering since IC changes 3years ago)

Last edited by scubaccr; Dec 16, 2018 at 10:04 am
Old Dec 16, 2018, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by scubaccr
IC Bangkok

How was the minibar?
As before = 6x 20cl spirits , 1x each soda type, 2x thai beer, 2x uk beer, 2x japan beer, 1 Evian, 1 Perrier
Changed = By order with charge, 375cl champagne AND the missing 375cl Penfolds Red + White wines
Sorry - does this mean you were charged mini-bar price for half-bottles of champagne and Aussie wines ?
Old Dec 16, 2018, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Sorry - does this mean you were charged mini-bar price for half-bottles of champagne and Aussie wines ?
I understood removed Penfolds wines from mini-bar, but added demi bottle of champagne on the mini-Bar menu list. (but list only, need to order). Is this correct?
Old Dec 16, 2018, 8:42 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Ans:- No Champagne in my minibar, it is on chargeable on request minibar addition ref minibar price menu

Originally Posted by Raynyan
I understood removed Penfolds wines from mini-bar, but added demi bottle of champagne on the mini-Bar menu list. (but list only, need to order). Is this correct?
ANS:- Neither of 2x 375cl Penfols or the375cl Champagne in minibar on arrival

o The minibar written menu was confusing. (sorry in hindsight i should have took a pic to post)
o Has both contents and pay-2-order-on-demand sections, On Demand at Extra Cost included Penfols wines, Champagne, Some extra/Different Nibbles/Chocs to those already in mnibar
i)under contents listed, this still includes the 375cl Penfold wines (w + r)
ii)also had new (to me) section, chargable on demand order, confusing part included said Penfolds, ie of White, Red Penfolds + Champagne
iii)My minibar had neither Penfolds or Champagne wines inside on checkin, everything else listed was there.

o I spoke with Amb checkin desk ground floor reception on way out the hotel my first afternoon, mentioned minibar unexpectedly missing penfols wines I usually drink. On return the 2x 375cl Penfold r+w now added to minibar
o I drank the 375cl Penfols white with soda (spritzer) as usual.
o Checked out in lounge as usual, as well known to staff here, am never asked about my minibar, staff just closed my stay off with zero extra charges
o I was not auto-charged to room for 'possibly optional/chargeable' penfols being requested to be added to my minibar by frontdesk as only roomrate / f+b on my receipt. As such not expecting charge for my 375cl penfols consumption

Last edited by scubaccr; Dec 16, 2018 at 8:55 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.