Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences 2018

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2018, 4:32 am

If that would be the aim, why do all of these hotels have a much nicer bar (to which you often also get a free drink voucher)?

The stripping of Club Lounge offerings result in the lounge only being good for breakfast, and if you would like to get value out it, binge on alcohol. Not sure that is aligned with what the hotel wants to achieve.
Old May 12, 2018, 4:40 am

Programs: IHG
Originally Posted by 336
If that would be the aim, why do all of these hotels have a much nicer bar (to which you often also get a free drink voucher)?

The stripping of Club Lounge offerings result in the lounge only being good for breakfast, and if you would like to get value out it, binge on alcohol. Not sure that is aligned with what the hotel wants to achieve.
It is possible to visit a lounge and not "binge". It doesn't have to be all or nothing.
Petrus and Dublin_rfk like this.
Old May 12, 2018, 4:56 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
YES it's been an odd, unfortunate, change. The hotel claims it's just following orders. This my be true, but i've not met many other ICs following the same to-the-letter interpretation of service standards. It means the place is simply good for a drink before heading out - which is probably the aim.
Indeed, it seems to be the only IC (?) following these alleged IHG orders. But, if I have to head out for light dinner anyway, I will minimize the inconvenience and stay at a better located hotel (like the Indigo Kudamm with endless dining possibilities within a few mins) - and not go for overpriced, bad food at the IC again (or the Greek across the street). Their concept is totally against my needs and therefore uncompetitive. Futhermore, I still doubt that these are purley IHG orders, but rather a penny-pinching hotel management.

Last edited by Chinatrvl; May 12, 2018 at 5:04 am
Old May 12, 2018, 7:10 pm

Programs: QR Plat, HH Diamond
the Greek place across the street "blows"
Old May 13, 2018, 4:05 am

Programs: Infinity Milage Lands Gold,Star Alliance Gold, IHG Diamond RA, Kimpton Inner Circle
IC Bangkok

IC Bangkok

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

Yes always happy to stay here.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Grand Deluxe received Club Room which is same room just on a higher floor.

How are the rooms?
Rooms are a good size Bed is large and comfy with good pillows bathroom is also a good size with large shower and good water pressure.

How is the exec. lounge?
Love the lounge, the staff are fantastic always looked after very well by them they know what drinks we like and how we like them, there is a real bartender so you can order off menu and if they have it they will make it. Evening buffet has a good selection of cold items and deserts they also have a show piece some evenings the roast beef carved in front of you is great.

Did you receive a welcome gift?
Bottle of Red Wine Teddy Bear and some Chocolates as well as daily fruit and mineral water.

How was the minibar?
Decent selection of beers and spirits refilled daily, snacks are not included.

What was good and what was bad?

-Good
Staff.
Club Lounge.
Food and Beverage in the hotel is strong love the Fireplace Grill when feeling lazy to go to far.
The new bar Beer republic located next door in the Holiday Inn excellent selection of beers and tasty food which can be signed to your room.
Comfy Bed.

-Bad
Nothing.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
I find it to be excellent value as I always have a great time there.

Would you return?
Yes without doubt
FLYGVA likes this.
Old May 13, 2018, 4:41 am

Programs: Infinity Milage Lands Gold,Star Alliance Gold, IHG Diamond RA, Kimpton Inner Circle
IC Hong Kong

IC Hong Kong

Yes first visit and I can see why it's rated so highly.

Deluxe Harbour View and received a Deluxe junior suite

How are the rooms?
Nice size with an amazing view only closed the blind once during our stay, bed was very comfortable for sure the rooms are in need of an update but it was in good condition I liked the closet space between the bedroom and bathroom to store the bags and hang clothes, only slight negative for me was the shower its a standard shower rather than a rain shower and being 6'3 it was way to low for me although the pressure was good.

How is the exec. lounge?
The lounge was outstanding it had a nice buzz about it in the evening, drinks were great (Can't go wrong with free flow Champagne) food was good quality and very plentiful through out the day enjoyed the buffet style afternoon tea as well. Staff were excellent with good RA recognition we had a late flight and they allowed us to stay in the lounge after checkout including all that is on offer.

Small box of tea (Also given after dining at Yan Ten Ho) two chocolates in a box and drinks vouchers for the lobby lounge.

How was the minibar?
WOW what a great selection perfect for enjoying the view with room service or just relaxing looking at the boats go by.
No Champagne but you get plenty of that in the lounge.

-Good
View
Service and staff
Club Lounge
Lobby Lounge, amazing view great atmosphere top notch service
Food & Beverage especially Yan Ten Ho had a memorable dinner there.

-Bad
Shower to low

Got a good paid rate and as an RA value for money is excellent with everything that is on offer.

Would you return?

Yes would love too just hope I have time before they close.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old May 13, 2018, 5:58 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
Originally Posted by turner32
It is possible to visit a lounge and not "binge". It doesn't have to be all or nothing.
I often relax (decompress) in the lounge for 10 -20 minutes while 'on hold' with others in my party.
Old May 13, 2018, 7:09 am

Programs: QR Plat, HH Diamond
IC Chicago

Yes

booked room on points was given the 42nd suite where elevator opens only to your room that covers the whole floor

How are the rooms?
recently refurbished with 2 full baths.

How is the exec. lounge?
NA but they give you a few drink coupons for Michael Jordan restaurant and vouchers for Starbucks

no just water + fruit + points

How was the minibar?
decent mini-bar with wine + spirits and free on reward stay

-Good
Suite was rather cool
liked RA recognition
drink vouchers

-Bad
nothing really

great if you get a suite on points or >$200

Would you return?
yes
FLYGVA likes this.
Old May 13, 2018, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by turner32
I am not saying that it is a requirement.

But if all you can have there is breakfast and a few drinks (and few to no canapés) it becomes hard to justify the mark up.
Old May 13, 2018, 11:30 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Ic pattaya , thailand

Delighted as always

o 3 Stays (mix paid + award nights , total 12nights )
o BOOKED = Basic Room (King Garden)
o Modded in 36hours - Club Ocean Terrace (my usual room ) Honoured at checkin

How are the rooms?
o As already known, a large room with bathroom occupying 1/3rd separated by curtains
o Great comfy bed, loads of power points + lighting
o Nice sofa and chair, plus external area, which doesn't really catch direct sun rays more than 2hours/day, but has nice lounger
o Nice minibar for RA, sodas, water, juices beers, 2x wine, 1x sparkling wine, 4x 1/4bottle spirits (cafetiere is now a machine with capsules .. Grr as I liked cafetierre toption)
o nice Hann toiletries

How is the exec. lounge?
o Great friendly staff, underused numbers wise, nice b/f, tea and eveening canapes/drinks periods. Canapes Menus rotate on a 3day cycle
o Great evening cocktails (I love Mojitos like at IC Bangkok). and the sparkling wine is actually French here.
o Took b/f foc in main restaurant as always. A habit as have stayed here 12months before lounge actually opened.

Yes, no change, as ever, a flight/neck cushion (200thb at markets if you want more). As bulky i give-away/leave

How was the minibar?
Nice minibar for RA, sodas, water, juices beers, 2x wine, 1x sparkling wine, 4x 1/4bottle spirits
(cafetiere is now a machine with capsules .. Grr as I liked cafetierre option) <== told is to do with IC stds for Suite Rooms

-Good
o Full RA benefits on Award nights (upgrade/Lounge/minibar) <== Rider.... as a frequent guest here, I can't promise that all is not due to my many repeat stays here
o Nice rooms
o nice pool area
o Great (fixed rate allin) Saturday night buffet
o Cocktails in Lounge each eveing

-Bad
o Nothing

-Neutral
o No early miniubus shuttle to town, first is 1200, then every 90mins (1200/1330/1500/1700/1800/1930/2100) return from Hilton is +30mins from these times

o Corp rates definitely (alas corp makes booking as points nights unattractive to me, unlike even cheapish BAR nights)
o Cash, Even BAR if booking early when low rates (gets expensive if last few rooms)
o Points, 35k (us$175-210 5375-6450++ THB if using ratio us$5-6/1k) provides good value even on entry level room if consider flex nightly rates or costlier last minute rooms reaching 8500thb++

Would you return?
Yes, and do (multiple visits since rebranded from Sheraton APR2016), Can't wait to return

++ EXTRA INFO
o GM Changed, original GM has now returned home to Mauritius, have new lady GM Jacqui Cuthbertson , though not having an IHG or hotel managing background
o 1st June - 31st July (maybe 30th August) closing main dining room for refurb. Restaurant Breakfast will be in buildings ballroom instead
FLYGVA likes this.

Last edited by scubaccr; May 13, 2018 at 11:37 am Reason: had to unbold all my text additions ??
Old May 26, 2018, 3:31 am

IC BALI

Delighted as always

o 3 nights classic paid
o BOOKED = Basic Room (King Garden)
o upgade to club view of pond
How are the rooms?
o As already known, a large room with bathroom
o Great comfy bed, loads of power points + lighting
o Nice sofa and chair, plus external area, which doesn't really catch direct sun rays more than 2hours/day, but has nice lounger
o minibar for RA, sodas, water, juices beers,no wine or spirits (cafetiere is now a machine with capsules .
o

How is the exec. lounge?
o Great friendly staff, underused numbers wise, nice b/f, tea and evening canapes/drinks 430 to 730pm.
o Great evening cocktails great bartender who loves to mix
o Breakfast in club or Italian restaurant or sunset bar which was awesome fab indonesian menu and fresh juices
box of chocolates

How was the minibar?
Nice minibar for RA, sodas, water, juices beers,no spirits or wine
(cafetiere is now a machine with capsules

-Good
o Full RA benefits
o Nice rooms though dated but they have done up a lot of rooms and will continue till finished I inspected the new rooms and they are very modern bali
o nice pool area
o fabulous setting sun for Cocktails at Sunset bar
-Bad
o there is a little construction noice at spa so ask for a quiet room

-Neutral
o
o good Value as RA but a bit xxxy when paying for club
o would be good value if upgraded as RA using points but i dont think they do.

Would you return?
Yes, and do
++ EXTRA INFO
new rooms are brighter with dark wood gone.
have to pay for the burees in club now 25000 rup for 4 hrs but the bali umbrellas at the beach still free and wonderful as you get the breeze.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old May 29, 2018, 2:00 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany
Original Poster

The discussion about the IC Kiev has been moved to the thread about this property:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...er-thread.html

FYLGVA
co-moderator IHG Forum
Old May 29, 2018, 5:40 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Intercontinental O2 London

Yeah, I was. There were a couple of hiccups but these were always fixed when noted.

This was a points stay

Stayed for 3 nights on points, received a Corner Executive Canary Wharf View. Not a suite but a nice enough room...they said it was a 3 cat upgrade.

How are the rooms?
Nice, no complaints. windows on two sides gave nice views.

How is the exec. lounge?
It's good, only ever tried breakfast. They do a wide variety of eggs to order but there is no menu or anything to highlight this. But for breakfast it was good.

Some Chocolates, I think that's it.

How was the minibar?
Good minibar. However you have to request to have red wine otherwise they just give you 2 reds... Also, the minibar was never proactively refilled I had to ask twice for it to be filled.

-Good
- Full RA Benefits on Award stay
- Responsiveness from Staff
- Overall a modern hotel with a reasonable Spa area
- It's only 45k points...

-Bad
- Failure to refill bar twice
- Prepaid a romantic downturn service as this was an anniversary getaway. I explicitly mentioned on email at booking not to mention this at checkin.The checkin staff mentioned it and ruined the entire surprise.

- 45k Points, yes

Would you return?
Yeah
FLYGVA likes this.
Old May 30, 2018, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Lewis42
Yeah, I was. There were a couple of hiccups but these were always fixed when noted.

This was a points stay

Stayed for 3 nights on points, received a Corner Executive Canary Wharf View. Not a suite but a nice enough room...they said it was a 3 cat upgrade.

How are the rooms?
Nice, no complaints. windows on two sides gave nice views.

How is the exec. lounge?
It's good, only ever tried breakfast. They do a wide variety of eggs to order but there is no menu or anything to highlight this. But for breakfast it was good.

Some Chocolates, I think that's it.

How was the minibar?
Good minibar. However you have to request to have red wine otherwise they just give you 2 reds... Also, the minibar was never proactively refilled I had to ask twice for it to be filled.

-Good
- Full RA Benefits on Award stay
- Responsiveness from Staff
- Overall a modern hotel with a reasonable Spa area
- It's only 45k points...

-Bad
- Failure to refill bar twice
- Prepaid a romantic downturn service as this was an anniversary getaway. I explicitly mentioned on email at booking not to mention this at checkin.The checkin staff mentioned it and ruined the entire surprise.

- 45k Points, yes

Would you return?
Yeah
The lack of proactive minibar refills (standard practice now here) is only the tip of the iceberg. That said I had to ask for a minibar refill at the IC PL last weekend too.

Old Jun 3, 2018, 1:11 am

Programs: IHG Royal Ambassador
Thumbs up ANA InterContinental Tokyo

ANA InterContinental Tokyo

What is your IHG Rewards Club status?
Spire Royal Ambassador

Yes

Stay at Club Corner Suite for my birthday stay. But this room assignment and spec did not meet my expectations due to recent renovation and latest upgrade policy.

—————
Latest RA Upgrade Policy (As of June 1st)
Classic to Premier
Executive Deluxe to Junior Suite (28F-31F)
Premier to Corner Suite (30F-31F)

RA should book Premier to receive the maximum upgrade from standard categories since no upgrade across the categories between standard and Club.

If RA want to stay Club Room, Book Classic and pay 15000JPY extra (for RA special)
If RA want to stay Club Junior Suite, Book Classic and pay 25000JPY extra (for RA special)

Club Room to Club Executive Suite (King Bed only)
Club Junior Suite (King Bed Only) to Club Corner Suite (Two Single Beds only)

No upgrade to Imperial Suite (Luxury Suite) and Presidential Suite

RA should not book Club Executive Suite and Club Corner Suite since no further upgrade from here. But it doesn’t considered Bed preferences (Club Corner Suite is Two Beds Room Only). This upgrade policy and room configurations are very strange.
—————

This upgrade policy applies strictly, their revenue controllers are monitoring upgrade status everyday. So my room assignment was been a target of their complaint.

How are the rooms?
To be honest, I think this renovation is a little bit failed. Newly refreshed, but it doesn’t considered user experiences. It seems to be lacked of engineering review process. No working desk. One small round table is installed near the window but wired LAN port is far from the table, completely useless. And no light control switch of the living room near the entrance of the bedroom. Moreover, Blu-Lay Player is gone. Experiences of Old Corner Suite was much better than new one. And more, all of King Bed Club Corner Suites are gone, and converted to Two Single Beds. I think the concept of this renovation doesn’t make sense. Terrible.

Video of Club Corner Suite

How is the exec. lounge?
Most of staff are gone or relocated. New manager will on board in July.
Services and offerings are almost same to before.
Club team and Guest Relations celebrated my birthday with Champagne and Birthday Cake. ^

What was your welcome gift?
Japanese Rice Crackers and Japanese Sweets

How was the mini-bar?
Fairly good.

Did you receive fruit in the room?
Yes

What was good?
Guest recognitions of field staff ^

What was bad?
Renovation concept and process
Latest upgrade policy

Value for $ or Rewards Club Points?
Yes

Would you return?
Yes. Here is still my home. Every staff are my family.
FLYGVA likes this.

Last edited by Raynyan; Jun 3, 2018 at 1:35 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.