Wiki Posts
Search

25,000 bonus point package (+$79)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2017, 8:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
25,000 bonus point package (+$79)

Holy cow never saw this before. Going to end the year at 65K elite points so was looking for a few 5k bonus point packages.

Holiday Inn Express Boston - Cambridge

$89 cheapest rate , $169 25K bonus points. Even without elite points that is 5 pointbreak nights @ $15.80 a night.

what is the likelihood those points will automatically post as elite qualifying, if not will customer service manually make them elite?
Old Dec 19, 2017, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
It's been my impression that bonus points offered by a specific property, rather than ones indicated as an IHG-specific item (1K/5K), are generally not elite-qualifying.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 7:31 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
Holy cow never saw this before. Going to end the year at 65K elite points so was looking for a few 5k bonus point packages.

$89 cheapest rate , $169 25K bonus points. Even without elite points that is 5 pointbreak nights @ $15.80 a night.

what is the likelihood those points will automatically post as elite qualifying, if not will customer service manually make them elite?
No not EQP pts, as an hotel offering. Historically some hotels offered 10k bonus (10k bonus was never offered by IHG themselves) and incorrectly managed to post as EQPs, which IHG have now prevented happening going forwards.
25k hotel bonus will not post initially as EQPs , and IHG CS desk will not change to EQPs either.

EQP Bonuses are in range 1-5k only, so yes looks like you need 2x separate nights with 5k bonus points or spend us$500++ per night on your rooms. If you stay 2x consec nights you are not meant to get the 5k (x2) , as it is 5k per stay (independent of checkin/checkout attempts)
Old Dec 19, 2017, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.

Zero to none. This sounds like a hotel-specific rate promo (Like a "Romance Package" or "Museum Package" type of special rate). I've seen a couple of hotels actually do a 30K point bonus (for about $100 above the prevailing rate). However, even if it is not elite qualifying, getting 25K points for less than $100 (in addition to the extra points on that added rate itself) is one heck of a deal. And one that I would not hesitate to take.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 1:01 am

Bonus Points

Originally Posted by scubaccr
No not EQP pts, as an hotel offering. Historically some hotels offered 10k bonus (10k bonus was never offered by IHG themselves) and incorrectly managed to post as EQPs, which IHG have now prevented happening going forwards.
25k hotel bonus will not post initially as EQPs , and IHG CS desk will not change to EQPs either.

EQP Bonuses are in range 1-5k only, so yes looks like you need 2x separate nights with 5k bonus points or spend us$500++ per night on your rooms. If you stay 2x consec nights you are not meant to get the 5k (x2) , as it is 5k per stay (independent of checkin/checkout attempts)

I would go online to IHG and chat with them and ask. I just looked online and it says 25K BONUS PTS PER NT. I don't know what the NT stands for!

But Scubbccr I may be reading your post incorrectly but are you saying the 10,000 bonus point options some hotels offer to pay more to get aren't qualifying points? I have been staying at a hotel that offers the 10,000 points per night and they are qualifying. I got Spire in a month only doing 7 stays!
Old Dec 20, 2017, 1:43 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Marriott15
I would go online to IHG and chat with them and ask. I just looked online and it says 25K BONUS PTS PER NT. I don't know what the NT stands for!

But Scubbccr I may be reading your post incorrectly but are you saying the 10,000 bonus point options some hotels offer to pay more to get aren't qualifying points? I have been staying at a hotel that offers the 10,000 points per night and they are qualifying. I got Spire in a month only doing 7 stays!
NT mean night.

You are not suppose to get 10K bonus points as EQP as per terms and condition. But we do have reports occasionally (very rare but it did happen) that some unidentified property had magical 10K Bonus Points which became EQP.
scubaccr likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold

Considering that the 1000k prepaid MC costs 260k points this is a pretty good deal....
Old Dec 21, 2017, 12:22 am

Bonus Points

Originally Posted by chongcao
NT mean night.

You are not suppose to get 10K bonus points as EQP as per terms and condition. But we do have reports occasionally (very rare but it did happen) that some unidentified property had magical 10K Bonus Points which became EQP.
Chongcao, I stay at the same Holiday Inn Express and I pay the 30 or 40 dollars extra to get the 10,000 points! The stay posts to my account but the 10,000 never posts to my account! I have done this 12 times already! After the stay posts to my account I go on the IHG live chat and explain the situation again and again and the representative adds it to my account which then goes towards me Elite Qualifying points! Maybe since I paid for them they do qualify?

I have asked many different representatives through the online chat numerous times if these 10,000 points count toward elite qualifying and they say yes they do each time!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.