Obtaining points for multiple rooms

Old Dec 12, 2017, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: M&M Senator, topbonus (RIP) Silver; IHG Gold; ALL - Gold
Obtaining points for multiple rooms

Hi,
since I'm travelling a lot to US and stay at HI together with several associates of mine (not part of IHG Rewards Club) I was wondering if I could accrue points for them as well. I've asked the customer service and the reply was the folliwng:
I would like to take this opportunity to inform you that in order to earn points for a multiple reservation at U.S. and Canadian hotels (less than 10), the reservation/s must be under your IHG®Rewards Club account and the name on the reservation should exactly be the same as the one on the account for you to be eligible to earn the points.To further discuss this, below are all of the conditions that must be met in order to earn points;· Room/s or reservation must be book using qualifying rate by calling our service center or booking through our website www.ihgrewardsclub.com· Room/s or reservation must be book under member's name· Member must be physically present at the hotel for the duration of stay· Room/s or reservation must be paid for using member's own credit card

I’ve reviewed the Terms & Conditions of IHG Rewards Club and it states the following:
At U.S. and Canadian hotels (except InterContinental® Alliance Resorts), you can collect points or miles on all Eligible Charges for multiple hotel rooms (less than 10) provided those rooms are used in conjunction with the member's stay at the same hotel, and that their IHG® Rewards Club member number is recorded on each reservation, or the charges from those multiple room reservations are referred to on the hotel room bill associated with the member's reservation.
Everyone pays for himself, and the invoice needs to be for each person separately. So I was thinking that I would put my name + surname as a second person registered in the room, and then report a retro claim (missing stay report). Do you think it will go through ?
Old Dec 13, 2017, 2:23 am

Originally Posted by Redemptionist
Hi,
since I'm travelling a lot to US and stay at HI together with several associates of mine (not part of IHG Rewards Club) I was wondering if I could accrue points for them as well. I've asked the customer service and the reply was the folliwng:
I’ve reviewed the Terms & Conditions of IHG Rewards Club and it states the following:

Everyone pays for himself, and the invoice needs to be for each person separately. So I was thinking that I would put my name + surname as a second person registered in the room, and then report a retro claim (missing stay report). Do you think it will go through ?
Not likely. Credits only goes to Primary guest who also has to pay for the rooms.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 2:58 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Redemptionist
Hi,

Wow, seriously!
If your making each person pay for the room, then they should get the points.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 6:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M Senator, topbonus (RIP) Silver; IHG Gold; ALL - Gold
But others are not interested in accruing points. According to the T&C there is no requirement to be the primary guest and pay for it, in order to obtain points <-that's the point
Old Dec 14, 2017, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
You are using wishful thinking to interpret the results as you would like them to be. I wouldn't be surprised if IHG shuts down your account for fraud with a claim like that.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 9:03 am

Programs: AA, DL, Avis, Enterprise, National, IHG, HH, SPG/MR
So you’re trying to game the system. Even if you could do it, you shouldn’t. That’s how accounts get terminated.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 9:08 am

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
I do this regularly. In the US, I get points for all the room nights. In Japan, just one room, which is annoying.
In the US, even if I book 4 rooms together, they get split up into 4 separate reservations. Oftentimes if I booked rooms for 2 people, the separated reservations end up being changed to 3 (careful, some properties if you don't pick notice it, there's an "extra person charge" -- and I go in and put the guest names into each reservation. I usually pay for all the rooms on my IHG Rewards Card, for additional points. The rooms show up as "overlapping stays" and one of them gets 'qualifying nights' while the others don't ... there's no rhyme nor reason to this. Sometimes I pay for all of them together (e.g. prepaid) and some of the rooms end up with $0 revenue and one room with huge revenue. But that's not necessarily the "qualifying nights" room.
I suppose it's possible to use different credit cards for the other rooms. Not sure if that automatically disqualifies points.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 12:48 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Flying Blue (KLM) Platinum, Oneworld (BA) Sapphire, *A (Aegean) Gold, IHG Spire RA,
You have to transfer all costs to your bill and you get all the points. but you still get only your qualifying nights. and you have to book all nights.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 7:13 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by vsevolod4
I do this regularly. In the US, I get points for all the room nights. In Japan, just one room, which is annoying.
In North America I believe you can earn up to 10 rooms per T&C.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.