Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 7, 2017, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beachmouse
Another year, another Accelerate. Answers to some Frequently Asked Questions below:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

An award stay only counts toward a task that specifically requires an award stay and will not count toward other tasks and night requirements for the purposes of the promotion. (Award stays do count toward general elite qualification, but that's outside this promotion)

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

Doing a points + cash booking and then cancelling it does NOT trigger a 'buy points' task completion. A 'buy points' task is a points transaction that is processed through points.com

The 'pay with your IHG credit card' task has typically been very slow to post. If it does within about two weeks of completing a stay, that's relatively quick, and it will often be several weeks beyond that, depending on when your statement closing date is and how IHG's system sweep is timed.

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.

Registration & dashboard link:

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/of...accelerate2018
Print Wikipost

IHG Accelerate Q1 2018 (1st January to 30th April)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2018, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
The Accelerate points and dashboard updates posted exactly one month from my stay.
My Kimpton activity also posted recently (a bit shy of one month after the first night of the stay). Maybe they finally did a Kimpton sweep?
Old Feb 16, 2018, 11:00 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by travellingtechie
I believe if the offer is hidden it doesn't apply - it is only there as a replacement should you miss another.

For example we all get the January bonus. If you don't actually stay in January and so miss this one, the February one "magically" appears instead. If you miss February, March appears. It was never intended for you to get them all, just one of them! The IT system is correctly hiding them from you when viewing the webpage, it is just a bug in the browser print/preview that is printing/showing text that shouldn't be shown.
They should sort it out then, ppl do print the task as they have changed mid accelerate before
Old Feb 19, 2018, 12:14 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Haven’t seen an update to my dashboard for about a fortnight now, the IHG IT seems to have ground to a halt again!
Old Feb 19, 2018, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by adobbing
Haven’t seen an update to my dashboard for about a fortnight now, the IHG IT seems to have ground to a halt again!
For what kind of task?

Some tasks may require a month or more (ie, if a task requires your Chase points earning statement to post, for example ("pay with your Chase IHG credit card"), that only happens once a month). And some tasks require occasionally-scheduled "sweeps" which compare multiple databases (such as the reservations database against the points-earning database).

Other, simpler tasks (stay N nights, with no restrictions other than dates being inside the promo), can post faster (but still not super-fast).
Old Feb 19, 2018, 9:45 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum / HHonors Diamond / Hyatt Globalist / AA EX Platinum
Mine has no update either, I have completed 3 of the tasks, the first of which was about a month ago. But this has happened before and always catches up, no worries.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 1:36 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by jtc246
Mine has no update either, I have completed 3 of the tasks, the first of which was about a month ago. But this has happened before and always catches up, no worries.
I had the following;

Stay at 3 Holiday Inn® hotel(s)—including Holiday Inn Resort® and Holiday Inn Club Vacations®—and earn 4,800 bonus points.

This one has shown complete since about 7 days after the 3rd stay.

Earn 3,600 bonus point(s) when you book and complete 3 Your Rate Bonus Point Package stay(s).

This one still shows only two stays despite all the stays for the other being “your rate bonus point” stays.

Despite having other stays that should count towards a 10 stay challenge and other challenges, nothing has updated in the last couple of weeks!

Old Feb 20, 2018, 1:40 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Am I missing something or are Kimptons excluded from the big city market bonus? I’m not seeing any of them on the participating list for DC and Chicago.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 3:04 pm

my stay from last Thursday has hit the dashboard within the last hour.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 3:15 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by chrism20

my stay from last Thursday has hit the dashboard within the last hour.
Maybe they’re in the process of flushing the system, just checked mine again and no movement!

I’ll check it again in the morning hopefully they will have cleared some of morons me through by then!
Old Feb 20, 2018, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had the following;

Stay at 3 Holiday Inn® hotel(s)—including Holiday Inn Resort® and Holiday Inn Club Vacations®—and earn 4,800 bonus points.

This one has shown complete since about 7 days after the 3rd stay.

Earn 3,600 bonus point(s) when you book and complete 3 Your Rate Bonus Point Package stay(s).

This one still shows only two stays despite all the stays for the other being “your rate bonus point” stays.

Despite having other stays that should count towards a 10 stay challenge and other challenges, nothing has updated in the last couple of weeks!

Well, there you have an example: The stay at Holiday Inn hotels task is very easy to determine. But whether you booked and completed a specific package rate, that probably involves some more database crunching than simply whether you stayed or not, and that's why these "more complicated" types of tasks take longer to post.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 6:08 am

Programs: UA P, Delta SL, US SL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IHG PL AMB, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat
My Dashboard updated this morning covering my last three stays, but the points have not yet posted to my account.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 11:53 pm

Location: Rarely in one place long. Vancouver, WA when that happens.
Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K, AA LifePlat, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Dmd, gave up on Hilton
Still waiting. Nothing. First stay was in first week of January. They have great offers, but far too often they don't program them in a way you can enjoy them. I called a few weeks ago. I was told I could get it all credited, if I earned it, but not until the offer had expired. Should I call again? Or wait it out? In the past things have at least partially worked. This time? Nothing.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 12:24 am

I have accomplished all the accelerate tasks I have available except the use the points and pay .....refer a friend... because those are meaning less to me. I have always had issues with using my corporate rate. Sometimes it goes through sometimes it doesn't. 1 has already posted the other has not! I called IHG today and asked them if the other stay has posted. I was told I have to wait 6-8 weeks to get posted. I said that is find but I would like to just know if they charged it using my corporate rate and they kept saying I have to wait 6-8 weeks for it to post! Wouldn't even take the time to look into it for me! Very disappointing as a Spire Elite member. If I called the hotel will they be able to figure it out for me!
Old Feb 23, 2018, 1:11 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Duplicate post

Last edited by adobbing; Feb 23, 2018 at 2:52 am
Old Feb 23, 2018, 2:50 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Maybe they’re in the process of flushing the system, just checked mine again and no movement!

I’ll check it again in the morning hopefully they will have cleared some of morons me through by then!
Still no dashboard update for me, last stay to have registered anything for me was 7/2/2018. The needle hasn’t moved on my totals for several weeks now.

I have a “stay 3 times at Holiday inn” challenge showing as completed, yet the dashboard only shows 2 stays rather than 3?

I have a “book and complete 3 Your Rate Bonus Point Package stay(s).” Showing the same stays but only showing 67% completion.

so far this year I’ve had 5 IHG stays.
All 5 have been “Your rate bonus point package” stays.
3 have been at Holiday Inn and the 2 most recent at Crowne Plaza’s

The first 3 stays this year were all “Your Rate Bonus Point Package stays” and at Holiday Inn Hotels!

I also have a “stay 10 night(s) and earn 20,000 bonus points.” Challenge showing 3 stays but 40% completion!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.