Old Dec 7, 2017, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beachmouse
Another year, another Accelerate. Answers to some Frequently Asked Questions below:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

An award stay only counts toward a task that specifically requires an award stay and will not count toward other tasks and night requirements for the purposes of the promotion. (Award stays do count toward general elite qualification, but that's outside this promotion)

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

Doing a points + cash booking and then cancelling it does NOT trigger a 'buy points' task completion. A 'buy points' task is a points transaction that is processed through points.com

The 'pay with your IHG credit card' task has typically been very slow to post. If it does within about two weeks of completing a stay, that's relatively quick, and it will often be several weeks beyond that, depending on when your statement closing date is and how IHG's system sweep is timed.

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.

Registration & dashboard link:

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/of...accelerate2018
Print Wikipost

IHG Accelerate Q1 2018 (1st January to 30th April)

Old Dec 20, 2017, 6:24 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
FH, earn 69,200 total bonus points when you complete your offers.

1,000 Stay Once Get 1,000 Bonus Points
5,000 Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 5 night(s) and earn 5,000 bonus points.
19,200 Stay at 3 brands and get 19,200 bonus points.
5,600 Stay at 2 Holiday Inn hotel(s)including Holiday Inn Resort and Holiday Inn Club Vacations
2,400 Book 1 stay(s) using Points & Cash and earn 2,400 bonus points. Points & Cash allows you to book Reward Nights with fewer points.
33,000 Complete 5 of the 5 offers and earn (an additional) 33,000 bonus points. Terms
2,000 Apply for the IHG Rewards Club Select Credit Card
1,000 Stay once in January and get 1,000 bonus points

The addition of Kimptons to the promo should help me meet many of these. Strangely, I already have the credit card.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 1:56 pm

Programs: Delta DM for now
Not the best offer for me this time, especially compared to other Q1 promos. Almost all of my stays are 1-2 nights and I'll start the year as Platinum. With that I got:

Total Available- 71,600 Pts
1500- Stay once in January
5000- Refer a friend who stays once during the promo period
1500- Stay once during the period
31,600- Stay 23 nights
4000- Stay 4 more nights (night 27)
4000- Stay 4 more nights (night 31)
4000- Stay 4 more nights (night 35)
20,000- Stay 4 more nights (night 39)

So only 8000 points unless I want to stay 23 nights or more. At the same time, I could be getting 2000 bonus points for every Hilton stay, and a 10k bonus for every 5 stays. I could get over 80k points with HHonors in the time I would get 39,600 from IHG. I'll look to see how I'm progressing in March and if I'm coming close to the 31,600, I'll make an effort to go for it but other than that, I'll be doing more Hilton and maybe some SPG.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 9:18 am

Programs: BA: Bronze, IHG: Spire Elite, HHonors: Diamond Elite
Total available - 64,300 Pts
4,000 - January bonus offer
500 - Registration offer
5,000 - Refer a friend and earn
2,000 - Stay once get 2,000 Bonus Points
20,00 - Stay 16 Nights
4,000 - Stay 4 more nights -20
4,000 - Stay 4 more nights -24
4,000 - Stay 4 more nights -28
20,000 - Stay 4 more nights - 32

So, pretty useless as I'll probably not do 10-14 odd nights.

Any way on getting offered another set ???
Old Dec 23, 2017, 8:41 pm

Hi Everyone!

Looking for some feedback on my 2018 Q1 promotion:

63k points possible by:
  • Stay once, get 2k points
  • Stay 5 nights, get 10k points
  • Stay at 2 Intercontinentals, get 16k points
--Receive 28k bonus points for completing 3/3 offers--

Also possible is 2k points for staying in Jan and 5k for referring a friend.

Is this considered a good offer on paper? I'm not a fancy 5-star hotel guy by nature, would never normally pay for an Intercontinental.

My situation is also a bit unique - I quit my job recently to do some international traveling. Typically I stay in budget accommodations but I like to treat myself to a nice hotel every fortnight or so. There is an Intercontinental here in Medellin Colombia, a great city where I am passing through until New Years. I can then hit a Holiday Inn in Bogota in a couple weeks. What's the consensus?
Old Dec 24, 2017, 3:09 am

Hi -

I would absolutely do it. 5 nights = 58,000 points which has a value of +/- $400.

And welcome to Flyertalk.

Last edited by Orwaid; Dec 24, 2017 at 11:04 am
Old Dec 24, 2017, 3:20 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
Here's mine:

Thank you for being a loyal IHG Rewards Club member. Stay once and earn 1,500 bonus points. Terms
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 6 night(s) and earn 9,000 bonus points. Terms
Stay at 2 Holiday Inn Express hotel(s) and earn 5,600 bonus points. Terms
Book 3 stay(s) with the IHG App and earn 2,900 bonus points. Terms
Spend $39 on food and beverages when you stay at IHG hotels and earn 600 bonus points. Terms
Successfully apply for the IHG Rewards Club Credit Card or IHG Rewards Club Premium Credit Card and earn 2,000 points. Terms and Conditions apply
Earn 5,000 bonus points by renewing your InterContinental Ambassador Membership. Terms
Complete 6 of the 7 offers and earn (an additional) 13,400 bonus points. Terms
Refer a friend to enrol into IHG Rewards Club, and receive 5,000 bonus points.
Stay once in January and get 1,500 bonus points. Terms

My only issue is that I already have the IHG platinum credit card- as part of my Q3 target. Is there a way to get this target changed?
Old Dec 24, 2017, 6:10 am

Originally Posted by Orwaid
Hi -

I would absolutely do it. 5 nights = 58,000 points which has a value of +/- $400.
Thanks for the feedback. That's the same value I was coming up with as well. Pricing out some hotels, it looks like I can get the 5 nights done for between $400-500 total. It's good timing since I'm traveling like a nomad for a while...I have to stay somewhere after all!
Old Dec 24, 2017, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by jslasher88
Hi Everyone!

Looking for some feedback on my 2018 Q1 promotion:

63k points possible by:
  • Stay once, get 2k points
  • Stay 5 nights, get 10k points
  • Stay at 2 Intercontinentals, get 16k points
--Receive 28k bonus points for completing 3/3 offers--

Also possible is 2k points for staying in Jan and 5k for referring a friend.

Is this considered a good offer on paper? I'm not a fancy 5-star hotel guy by nature, would never normally pay for an Intercontinental.

My situation is also a bit unique - I quit my job recently to do some international traveling. Typically I stay in budget accommodations but I like to treat myself to a nice hotel every fortnight or so. There is an Intercontinental here in Medellin Colombia, a great city where I am passing through until New Years. I can then hit a Holiday Inn in Bogota in a couple weeks. What's the consensus?
If the other nights can be made cheaply, treat yourself to two IC nights, where 8K per night extra isn't bad.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 7:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, IHG Spire Ambassador, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Earn 62,500 total bonus points.

2,000 Stay Once Get 2,000 Bonus Points
18,000 Stay More, Earn More - stay 9 night(s)
9,600 Stay at Holiday Inn Express - Stay at 6 Holiday Inn Express hotel(s)
4,000 A Bonus Weekend Stay
4,000 Stay a Little Longer - book a single stay of 4 or more consecutive nights.
2,400 Big City Bonus - Stay in 1 of 6 major markets: New York, Chicago, Washington, DC, Los Angeles, Orlando or San Francisco and earn 2,400 bonus points. Terms
1,500 Spend on Your IHG Rewards Club Credit Card - Book and pay for one stay with your IHG Rewards Club Credit Card and earn bonus points.
12,000 Your Achievement Bonus - Complete 6 of the 7 offers and earn (an additional) 12,000 bonus points.
5,000 Refer a Friend and Earn - Refer a friend to enroll into IHG Rewards Club, and receive 5,000 bonus points. The referred member must complete their first stay by April 30th.
4,000 January Bonus Offer
Old Dec 24, 2017, 7:52 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
I decided not to rush things this time around, and wait for the email to arrive regarding this promo. No travel planned for January anyway. Still waiting, so guess I should click the link instead!
Old Dec 25, 2017, 5:24 pm

One of my tasks is "Points + Cash"

The wiki says this
At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

But another one of my tasks is "Stay once in January"

So if I book the points and cash and stay in January it will not also count for "Stay once in January" ????????
Old Dec 25, 2017, 5:48 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by CarlosRodrigue
One of my tasks is "Points + Cash"

The wiki says this

But another one of my tasks is "Stay once in January"

So if I book the points and cash and stay in January it will not also count for "Stay once in January" ????????
no, January stay is normally paid stay only unless specified.
Old Dec 25, 2017, 5:58 pm
Suspended

Do read Terms and Condition

My residence is in UK. I had the Your Rate Bonus Points Package task. As usual I did not take notice and thought anywhere is OK. But upon check the terms and conditions today I notice only Your Raw Bonus Points in Asia Pacific excluding Greater China, Middleeast and Africa qualifies. Er......irretated but will have to give up on this one I think. Just a word of warning that do check the specific terms and conditions in case you are caught off guard.
Old Dec 25, 2017, 8:21 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Correct, Carlos, it will not. As Chongcao says above, the P&C stay is non-qualifying for all of the other offers.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 7:35 am

Programs: AA Life-Plat 5MM, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, UA, BA
What about check-in Apr-30, check-out May-1st. Does it count for the Accelerate?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.