Old Dec 7, 2017, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beachmouse
Another year, another Accelerate. Answers to some Frequently Asked Questions below:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

An award stay only counts toward a task that specifically requires an award stay and will not count toward other tasks and night requirements for the purposes of the promotion. (Award stays do count toward general elite qualification, but that's outside this promotion)

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

Doing a points + cash booking and then cancelling it does NOT trigger a 'buy points' task completion. A 'buy points' task is a points transaction that is processed through points.com

The 'pay with your IHG credit card' task has typically been very slow to post. If it does within about two weeks of completing a stay, that's relatively quick, and it will often be several weeks beyond that, depending on when your statement closing date is and how IHG's system sweep is timed.

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.

Registration & dashboard link:

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/of...accelerate2018
Print Wikipost

IHG Accelerate Q1 2018 (1st January to 30th April)

Old Jan 7, 2018, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
No, as the T & C on those state "booked and consumed" for each specific quarter.
I haven't had that language in the T&Cs for any task Q3 17 nor Q1 18. For Q1 18 I had a stay on Jan 1 so needed to specifically check if the targeted tasks required being booked within the timeframe.

Moral of the story: Booked and consumed does not appear to be a widespread condition.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 9:44 am

Programs: Delta, IHG
I stayed Dec 27-Jan 1 at a Holiday Inn and luckily it was applied to 3 of my Q1 objectives. Hotel did not charge me until check out on the 1st so I'm guessing that's why. Oddly, still waiting for the app download objective to be counted.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 1:55 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Silver, BA, AA, FlyingBlue, IberiaPlus,Wyndham Rewards
Originally Posted by HeavenlyJane
Does anyone know if Senior or Government Rates count as a qualified stay for this promotion?
I have used the State Government Rate in past IHG Accelerate promotions, and those stays qualified for the promotion.
akhenaten0987 likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 1:36 am

First tasks completed are showing on my dashboard this morning. Namely the registration and redeem tasks.

No points in the account yet which is completely normal.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Me too. The fastest one was "Renew Your InterContinental Ambassador Membership ". I got renewed as a Royal Ambassador and the task was done. Five offers completed with four reward nights and four revenue nights over New Year. However, still 3 countries and 26 nights to go
Old Jan 10, 2018, 7:27 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Yes, 4 out of 9 offers showing as completed this morning from a stay on Jan. 2. Although my Accelerate offer is complete 5 out of 6.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 10:52 am

Programs: IHG - spire amb, Marriot - tit, Radisson - plat, Hilton - gold, Accor -gold, GHA - plat
Guys! Those of you who have bonus point package task be careful not to include the breakfast in them. At least officially it should not qualify. This is my correspondednce with IHG.
Dear Sir or Madam,
I am an IHG rewards member (XXX) and I am currently participating in the Accelerate q1 2018 promotion. One of my tasks is called Your Rate Bonus Points Package - Earn 3,600 bonus point(s) when you book and complete 3 Your Rate Bonus Point Package stay(s).
Would a rate which is called “YOUR RATE by IHG Rewards Club BONUS POINTS + breakfast: 1,000 Points & breakfast daily” qualify for this? Would not want to get penalized for taking out a breakfast.
Answer:
....Please be advised that only the regular 'Your Rate Bonus Points Package' will be credited for the offer. rates with breakfast will not be counted towards the offer.
I hope this helped to answer your concern, but if not feel free to let us know and we'll be happy to clarify things for you.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Sounds as though the representative was making something up off the top of his head to close the file to me.
DaveH and craigthemif like this.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 1:08 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Just been looking at mine and not too bad.

I can get 1500 bonus for a stay and 1500 for staying in January.
6600 for booking a bonus points package (although some hotels are charging an extra 27 / $35? for the 1000 points). That said, might have a stay at Heathrow next week where a room is 46 or 63 for the bonus points package - that will pull in over 10k points.
Need 2 stays outside of my country and in the US next week so that will cover one of them. Berlin next month perhaps so an easy 11,600 points there.

Got one that says 5000 points when I recommend a friend.
Could I recommend a family member at the same address?
Old Jan 11, 2018, 1:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Sounds as though the representative was making something up off the top of his head to close the file to me.
One must admit that IHG has the most creative customer service agents.

The problem is that people usually just want the correct answer, explained simply.

I share the OP's concern - IHG IT and target triggering is so delicate that I hesitate to vary even the tiniest bit from the headline target - but no IHG rep will ever give you an answer that is guaranteed to match what will eventually happen.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 3:49 am

Programs: BA Blue, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Overall pretty happy with my offers for Q1, but hoping you guys can help me out on this one:

Stay at Holiday Inn Express
Stay at 3 Holiday Inn Express hotel(s) and earn 7,200 bonus points.

The terms didn't specify but can this be the same HIE or does it need to be to 3 separate properties?
Old Jan 11, 2018, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by Bonzo_7
Overall pretty happy with my offers for Q1, but hoping you guys can help me out on this one:

Stay at Holiday Inn Express
Stay at 3 Holiday Inn Express hotel(s) and earn 7,200 bonus points.

The terms didn't specify but can this be the same HIE or does it need to be to 3 separate properties?
Its stay at three different ones.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 5:28 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Noctilum
I am trying to complete the task to download and install the IHG app for 500 points. I already had the app installed before signing up for Acclerate so I uninstalled it and reinstalled it but have yet to receive credit. Any advice on how to complete it?
Originally Posted by perthite
I don't have an answer, but I do have the same problem. At the moment, I am thinking of just giving it a few weeks to see if they puck it up at some point.
For the record, my Download and Install the App task has been marked as complete sometime in the last day or so.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 2:59 am

Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
Originally Posted by xenole
Got one that says 5000 points when I recommend a friend.
Could I recommend a family member at the same address?
I think so, but bear in mind they need to actually stay at an IHG property as well.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 6:45 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
I think so, but bear in mind they need to actually stay at an IHG property as well.
Sometimes cheap HIX 5 minutes drive from me so easy for them to check in.

Decided to stay at a Heathrow HIX next week. 46 for the room, and 18 more for the 2000 bonus point package (17 for the 1000 bonus point package so paid 1 more for the extra 1000). More than I would like to pay but it will get me 1500 points for staying in January, 1500 points for a stay, 6600 points for a bonus package and the 2900 or so for the stay.
12500 points if all goes well.
Ticks off 2 off my requirements.

Need a minimum of 2 weekends and 3 nights to complete mine.

Don't think a points stay is classed as a qualifying stay although one task is to redeem at least 1000 points. Could blow 25-30k points for a night at the LAX CP to cover this but not sure if it would only count for the redemption and not "stay in 2 countries that aren't your own".

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.