IHG Accelerate Q1 2018 (1st January to 30th April)

Hide Wikipost
Old Dec 7, 17, 9:28 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: beachmouse
Wiki Link
Another year, another Accelerate. Answers to some Frequently Asked Questions below:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

An award stay only counts toward a task that specifically requires an award stay and will not count toward other tasks and night requirements for the purposes of the promotion. (Award stays do count toward general elite qualification, but that's outside this promotion)

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

Doing a points + cash booking and then cancelling it does NOT trigger a 'buy points' task completion. A 'buy points' task is a points transaction that is processed through points.com

The 'pay with your IHG credit card' task has typically been very slow to post. If it does within about two weeks of completing a stay, that's relatively quick, and it will often be several weeks beyond that, depending on when your statement closing date is and how IHG's system sweep is timed.

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.

Registration & dashboard link:

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/of...accelerate2018
Print Wikipost

Old Dec 14, 17, 12:06 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Marriott15 View Post
Stay at Holiday Inn®
Stay at 3 Holiday Inn® hotel(s)—including Holiday Inn Resort® and Holiday Inn Club Vacations®—and earn 7,200 bonus points

Do Holiday inn Expresses count toward this?
No - Holiday Inn Express is considered a different brand.
Old Dec 14, 17, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
I really like my targets on this one. I just need to stay a total of 4 nights total as long as 2 stays are at different HI properties; 1 stay is booked at the bonus points package rate; 1 stay is in Europe; and at least two stays are at different brands. And then I will receive just over 60K points, in addition to the regular points + bonus points I would receive for staying at the hotels. Which is probably another 12K points if I book a reasonable 5K point bonus rate. So, that's around 72K points for maybe $300 (or less). Which makes that the equivalent of paying $4.00- $4.25 per 1,000 points (and not even including the nights stayed in the hotels). ^
bsdstone likes this.
Old Dec 15, 17, 4:55 pm

Anyone know if Asia Pacific includes all of Asia in these promos? Specifically Thailand and Vietnam?
Old Dec 15, 17, 5:37 pm

Programs: thai, virgin, emirates, priority club
is asia pacific not defined in the offer terms? having said that, i've never known any ihg definition of asia pacific to exclude either thailand or vietnam, although greater china is often excluded.

ian.
Old Dec 15, 17, 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by iancanton View Post
is asia pacific not defined in the offer terms? having said that, i've never known any ihg definition of asia pacific to exclude either thailand or vietnam, although greater china is often excluded.

ian.
Couldn't find it in the offer terms. However, I found this page which is close enough of a confirmation https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental...c/asia-pacific
Old Dec 16, 17, 4:23 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Has anyone had 40 or more nights imposed on you to complete it?

That's what I managed to cop. Totally unimpressed for not a huge quantity of points.

As far as loyal schemes go, I cannot deny finding that the IHG is the most irritating one (including their 'opaque' RA qualification criteria and late notification).

Last edited by LTN Phobia; Dec 20, 17 at 2:44 pm
Old Dec 16, 17, 6:48 am

Programs: IHG Rewards Club Spire Elite, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia View Post
Has anyone had 40 or more nights imposed on you to complete it?

That's what I managed to cop. Totally unimpressed for 178k in total.

As far as loyal schemes go, I cannot deny finding that IHG is the most irritating one (including their 'opaque' RA qualification criteria and late notification).
Yep - needed and have surpassed 46 nights for 92,000 points as a task in Q3 2017, and now have 50 nights for 100,000 points task for Q1 2018
Old Dec 16, 17, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by olympian View Post
Yep - needed and have surpassed 46 nights for 92,000 points as a task in Q3 2017, and now have 50 nights for 100,000 points task for Q1 2018
The good news is that - if you keep hitting the 50 nights for 100,000 points target, it doesn't go any higher That will be your maximum level for all future Accelerates although could also go down if you miss it I've had the offer for years now on every Accelerate and I sometimes just miss out, and other times just get in. This quarter I'm staying 52 nights so all is good. Other times it is very annoying, but I am not one of those people to go and stay any additional nights for targets, too busy for all that and hotels at >£70/night soon make it completely not worthwhile for only 100,000 points (my value = circa £220) as it can get converted to giftcards as there's only so many reward nights I want !
Old Dec 16, 17, 7:17 am

Having trouble understanding how many nights are required to satisfy all of thesee and get bonus points

—stay once, get 1500

— stay more earn more. Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 4 nights, earn 6000

%-earn more faster, get 6600 bonus points when you book 1 bonus package.

do I need four nights, or five nights, or six?

if only four can it be four consecutive nights in a hotel only one of which is a bonus?

any help appreciated, each time ihg has one of these my blood pressure goes up ten points, and my iq down twenty
Old Dec 16, 17, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by Jared Ito View Post
Having trouble understanding how many nights are required to satisfy all of thesee and get bonus points

—stay once, get 1500

— stay more earn more. Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 4 nights, earn 6000

if only four can it be four consecutive nights in a hotel only one of which is a bonus?

any help appreciated, each time ihg has one of these my blood pressure goes up ten points, and my iq down twenty
Almost certainly:

Stay a total of 4 nights, and book the 4 nights using a qualifying Bonus Point Package (i.e. YOUR RATE bonus point package, often 1,000 bonus points/night but not always).
You could definitely book 1 night with a bonus point package - and check-out the following day e.g. check-out 20th Feb. And then check back in but not on the same day (e.g. 21st Feb, not check-in 20th Feb)*** and stay a further 3 nights.

*** You should be able to make 2 seperate bookings that cover 4 nights - the first night a bonus points package and the other 3 nights on a seperate booking, all for consecutive nights. I'll have to pass that part to somebody wiser than me as IHG systems are odd I don't see why this would be a problem though.
Old Dec 16, 17, 10:48 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, BA Gold, Hyatt
I keep getting stuck with the Globetrotter Bonus where I need to stay at 4 hotels outside of my country of residence. This is so annoying since I think I've had this about 3 or 4 times in a row now. I've managed to complete this a couple of times but usually just have 3 and end up irritated that I don't have a 4th trip abroad lined up before the end bonus period. Oh well. The rest of my challenges are fairly easy at least.
Old Dec 16, 17, 5:33 pm

Given the quirk's of IHG's new website, how can I know my Accelerate 2018 goals? In previous incarnations, the site had a 'My Offers' section, which detailed all the challenges along with the progress to date. But now that that feature is gone, how does one know? Unfortunately I did not make a screen print when I signed up.
Old Dec 17, 17, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by puchong View Post
Given the quirk's of IHG's new website, how can I know my Accelerate 2018 goals? In previous incarnations, the site had a 'My Offers' section, which detailed all the challenges along with the progress to date. But now that that feature is gone, how does one know? Unfortunately I did not make a screen print when I signed up.
I think they fixed this recently, it's actually easier than the old web site IMO. Click on your name/points at the top, click on Offers (far right), just below that is "View offers you've signed up for". There you go, mine all show up.

What does not show up are my upcoming stays, which is very problematic for me--I get a message that says sorry, please contact customer care. Upcoming stays do show up on the app, so for now I have look at that when I prefer to use the web site.
Old Dec 17, 17, 9:11 am

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Will end up earning 81,500 bonus points on 5 budget stays for Q417 (2 mattress runs), about half of offered for Q118 Not worth the effort this time around.

Stay Once Get 2,000 Bonus Points
Thank you for being a loyal IHG® Rewards Club member. Stay once and earn 2,000 bonus points.
Stay More, Earn More
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 5 night(s) and earn 10,000 bonus points.
Stay at Holiday Inn Express®
Stay at 2 Holiday Inn Express® hotel(s) and earn 8,400 bonus points.
A Bonus Weekend Stay
Stay with us for the weekend and earn 6,000 bonus points. A Friday and Saturday or Saturday and Sunday night stay required.
Stay for Less and Earn
Book 1 stay(s) using Points & Cash and earn 2,400 bonus points. Points & Cash allows you to book Reward Nights with fewer points.
Spend on Your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card
Book and pay for one stay with your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card and earn bonus points.
Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 5 of the 6 offers and earn (an additional) 10,000 bonus points.
Refer a Friend and Earn
Refer a friend to enroll into IHG Rewards Club, and receive 5,000 bonus points. The referred member must complete their first stay by April 30th.
January Bonus Offer
Stay once in January and get 2,000 bonus points.
Old Dec 20, 17, 7:05 am

Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
Originally Posted by Jared Ito View Post

—stay once, get 1500

Do check the conditions of the second one.

There are two kinds of these - one requires an uninterrupted X nights stay at the same hotel, the other one (which I think is this one) just needs X nights total.

With that you should be OK with 4 nights, need not be at once, and one of them has to be a bonus points night, but! beware that bonus points task requires BOOKING in the Accelerate period!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: