Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 7, 2017, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beachmouse
Another year, another Accelerate. Answers to some Frequently Asked Questions below:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

An award stay only counts toward a task that specifically requires an award stay and will not count toward other tasks and night requirements for the purposes of the promotion. (Award stays do count toward general elite qualification, but that's outside this promotion)

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

Doing a points + cash booking and then cancelling it does NOT trigger a 'buy points' task completion. A 'buy points' task is a points transaction that is processed through points.com

The 'pay with your IHG credit card' task has typically been very slow to post. If it does within about two weeks of completing a stay, that's relatively quick, and it will often be several weeks beyond that, depending on when your statement closing date is and how IHG's system sweep is timed.

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.

Registration & dashboard link:

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/of...accelerate2018
Print Wikipost

IHG Accelerate Q1 2018 (1st January to 30th April)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2018, 6:22 pm

I'm sorry if asked before, but is HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS and HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS AND SUITES the same thing? It says I have to stay at 2 HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS and I want to know if I stay at HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS AND SUITES it will give me credit. thank you
Brendan likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CarlosRodrigue
I'm sorry if asked before, but is HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS and HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS AND SUITES the same thing? It says I have to stay at 2 HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS and I want to know if I stay at HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS AND SUITES it will give me credit. thank you
I would think so. I've never heard of an "and suites" of any brand being considered a separate brand. The "and suites" is just an addition to tout the fact that this particular location has suites.

Just look at the list of IHG brands, and you'll see Holiday Inn Express only once, not a separate listing for Holiday Inn Express and Suites.
Brendan likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 5:55 am

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
Is it normal for the dashboard to take over a week to update? Points for a stay posted after 2 days.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by strickers
Is it normal for the dashboard to take over a week to update? Points for a stay posted after 2 days.
Yes. And for some tasks that are hard for the system to figure out (such as using your IHG credit card for a stay), way more time, perhaps even months!
Old Jan 30, 2018, 11:33 pm

Difference

Originally Posted by CarlosRodrigue
Mine says stay at 3 holiday inn hotels. Resorts count for mine. I was told that Holiday Inn Expresses do not count for the Holiday Inn!

I have never seen it where it asks for Holiday Inn Expresses!
Old Jan 31, 2018, 12:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Marriott15
Mine says stay at 3 holiday inn hotels. Resorts count for mine. I was told that Holiday Inn Expresses do not count for the Holiday Inn!

HEX is a different brand than HI and yes, there are definitely tasks that request specifically HEX just as there are tasks that specifically request HI stays.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 1:12 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Yes. And for some tasks that are hard for the system to figure out (such as using your IHG credit card for a stay), way more time, perhaps even months!
They seem to have got their act together with the CC task this time. Several reports of others having posted and my dashboard updated exactly a week after the CC points went onto my IHG account.

Progress
Old Jan 31, 2018, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium

I have had both tasks on the past: HI only​​​ one promo and HIX only​​​ the next one.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 1:21 pm

My offer includes the following (not all inclusive):
Stay Once
Spend on IHG CC
Big City Bonus

Under the terms, both the Stay Once and Spend on IHG CC count stays at Kimpton properties. However, under the Participating IHG properties list for Big City Bonus, there are no Kimpton hotels listed.

Has anyone received credit for the Big City Bonus while staying at a Kimpton? That is my preferred brand for an upcoming trip, but do not want to miss out on the Achievement Bonus.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 11:37 pm

Interesting I have never gotten Holiday Inn Express Ever! Never got the Big City Bonus either!
Old Feb 1, 2018, 8:54 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MadTownFlyer
My offer includes the following (not all inclusive):<br />Stay Once<br />Spend on IHG CC<br />Big City Bonus<br /><br />Under the terms, both the Stay Once and Spend on IHG CC count stays at Kimpton properties. However, under the Participating IHG properties list for Big City Bonus, there are no Kimpton hotels listed.<br /><br />Has anyone received credit for the Big City Bonus while staying at a Kimpton? That is my preferred brand for an upcoming trip, but do not want to miss out on the Achievement Bonus.
I wouldn't risk it if it doesn't list Kimpton. I did an IC for my Big City task. However, I had 2 nights at a Kimpton which I need for the Stay More, Earn More task (includes Kimptons in the T&C's). To date, that stay (2.5 weeks ago) has not posted to Accelerate and all my other stays at IHG properties posted to Accelerate within days. I'm pretty sure the Kimpton stay is going to require manual intervention to post.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
This list was populated before the Kimpton integration, so doubtless those properties in those cities aren't linked into that requirement. Likely a rep would credit you manually, but a clueless one may give up. I'd avoid Kimpton this time to fulfill the specific requirement, if possible.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 10:55 pm

How come I have never got a accelerate for any holidays outside Holiday Inn or Holiday Inn Express? Have they ever done those before? Like stay one time at a Crowne Plaza?
Old Feb 2, 2018, 1:01 am

How come I have never got a accelerate for any holidays outside Holiday Inn or Holiday Inn Express? Have they ever done those before? Like stay one time at a Crowne Plaza?
Yes, I’ve had one to stay at three CPs before.

I’ve also had one to stay at four and five different brands in the past as well.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 3:40 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Depends on your stay history.

It so happens, that I've only ever stayed in HIs - not HIX, not CP... just coincindence... always get Accelerate task for HIs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.