Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ambassador renewal

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2018, 3:26 am

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
Hi, reading the thread am I correct in assuming the 10% rebate starts from the date you renew not the expiry date?
Old Oct 3, 2018, 12:44 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
if you mean 10% rebate on award night points
o Valid for nights falling within ones current Amb year duration whose renewal was the 10% off type
o WARNING - rebate Only given if night award night itself is booked during currrent Amb year. NO Rebate for award night booked during ones previous also 10% off Amb year and falling within ones new current 10% off year
.. So one needs to rebook any earlier booked award nights after renewing Amb status or 10% rebate is lost, and then cancel the older originals , which is not always possible at propeties like IC Bali etc

Last edited by scubaccr; Oct 3, 2018 at 12:50 pm
Old Oct 4, 2018, 12:40 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by scubaccr
o WARNING - rebate Only given if night award night itself is booked during currrent Amb year. NO Rebate for award night booked during ones previous also 10% off Amb year and falling within ones new current 10% off year
.. So one needs to rebook any earlier booked award nights after renewing Amb status or 10% rebate is lost, and then cancel the older originals , which is not always possible at properties like IC Bali etc
Where does it say that? Do you have any link to some T&Cs or based on personal experience (or arguments with Manila)?

So what you are saying is for example:
- AMB year with 10% / 200$ option finishes Nov 30 2018
- Renew 10% / 200$ option in Oct 2018 and new AMB year runs from Dec 2018 to Nov 2019
- Book reward nights in Oct 2018 for stay in Dec 2018

Result, no 10% off reward nights as not booked in Dec 2018?

I haven't encountered the same, but do recognize that scubaccr is a very experienced and seasoned IHG Forum member, hence I wouldn't dismiss it and be keen to learn more.

Last edited by demue; Oct 4, 2018 at 1:41 am
Old Oct 4, 2018, 1:02 am

Originally Posted by scubaccr
.. So one needs to rebook any earlier booked award nights after renewing Amb status or 10% rebate is lost, and then cancel the older originals , which is not always possible at propeties like IC Bali etc
I don't think that is true and if it is I am 32k points to the good.

4 nights at ICO2 that overlapped my renewal dates 18k points returned as expected and
4 nights at Indigo Madrid in August booked in January (Renewal date is June) 14k returned as expected.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 1:45 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Btw, does your AMB 10% rebate ever post automatically? In the past, at times, I suddenly got some lump sum of points that not always added up to what I was owed. Then once it posted within 4-6 weeks of a stay, but for the last 1-2 years I wait for 10-12 weeks and nothing shows up and then I have to chase for manual credit.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 1:52 am

Originally Posted by demue
Btw, does your AMB 10% rebate ever post automatically? In the past, at times, I suddenly got some lump sum of points that not always added up to what I was owed. Then once it posted within 4-6 weeks of a stay, but for the last 1-2 years I wait for 10-12 weeks and nothing shows up and then I have to chase for manual credit.
Haven't had any issues for a while IIRC although it's usually taking the full six weeks rather than four to six.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 8:09 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by demue
I experience the exact same thing, the 10% rarely post without intervention. I received that lump sum once, too.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 9:35 pm

Hi, I am currently Ambassador "Gold", by virtue of my Ambassador membership (not stays). If I qualify for Gold status in 2018 (by earning more than 10k base points), when I renew my Ambassador membership in 2019, will I be upgraded to Ambassador Platinum status? or Gold is the highest status upgrade they provide with Ambassador membership?

Also, my membership renewal is due in Dec. Is it fine to renew after few months ? will I loose any continuity benefits?

Thank you.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by Steph58
I experience the exact same thing, the 10% rarely post without intervention. I received that lump sum once, too.
This also happens to me. The lump sums have no indication to which stays they correspond. The manual intervention rebates mention the hotel name in the Account Activity.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by agarwaga
Hi, I am currently Ambassador "Gold", by virtue of my Ambassador membership (not stays). If I qualify for Gold status in 2018 (by earning more than 10k base points), when I renew my Ambassador membership in 2019, will I be upgraded to Ambassador Platinum status? or Gold is the highest status upgrade they provide with Ambassador membership?

Also, my membership renewal is due in Dec. Is it fine to renew after few months ? will I loose any continuity benefits?

Thank you.
If you earned Gold, you'll get Platinum with Ambassador. It's a one category upgrade up to Platinum (Spire can only be earnedthrough actual stays).
Old Oct 23, 2018, 6:49 am

Programs: FB Platinum PA; IHG Diamond Ambassador
If you are Gold, you will not get Platinum with Ambassador. Platinum can only be earned the hard way.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 7:46 am
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
Originally Posted by Carel1
Platinum can only be earned the hard way.
The hard way as in applying for a credit card (US and UK residents) or booking a few bonus-points nights (others)?
Carel1 likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 1:59 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
My experience was always that my Platinum was renewed every year when I renewed (paid with points) my Ambassador membership regardless of my requalifying for Platinum based on nights/stays. I know they didn't have to but they did and it did help secure upgrades at Holiday Inns and IC hotels the few times I stayed in them recently.

That has gone on for quite a few years even though I had few (or even no stays some years).

As others have correctly noted, I am sure if I had been gold they would NOT have upped me to Platinum when I renewed Ambassador.
barracuda93 likes this.

Last edited by BlondeBomber; Oct 23, 2018 at 2:18 pm
Old Nov 1, 2018, 1:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
renewal timing

My membership expires on 31 Dec 2018, and I just got the renewal email. Does it make any difference when I renew in the next two months - will my Amb expiry date always be Dec 2019? Does renewal date effect BOGO cert expiry (Feb 2020?). Or if I renewed sooner will my cert expire sooner?

Thanks.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 10:42 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
IHG Points on Chase CC Spend for Ambassador Renewal?

If I renew Ambassador membership by paying the $150 or $200 fee with a Chase credit card that is IHG affiliated, are the points earning counted as normal spend (1x) or hotel spend (5x)? — using the legacy card as an example.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.