Wiki Posts
Search

Ambassador renewal

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2018, 5:40 am

Programs: Oneworld, Avios and IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by writetorich
For those who recently renewed using the $200--- 15K point option
could you be kind of to tell me how long it took for the 15,000 points to post ?

was it ridiculous like a paper certificate ( like the 5000 ) when you intially join or was it literally instantaneous?

Is it faster on the phone of doing it on line,where off shore can maually process the points.
How did you do your renewal?
I did the $200 option in July and the 15k Points posted to my account as soon as the transaction cleared
Old Aug 29, 2018, 10:45 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by chrism20
If you are intending to burn any amount of points over the next year the $200 option may also be worth considering as it comes with 10% rebate on all spent points as well as 15k bonus points.
Would I need to cancel and rebook all rewards bookings in order to get 10% points rebate? Or how does it work?
Old Aug 29, 2018, 1:37 pm

If my Ambassador renewal was due to end 1 August 18 and I'm still being offered a last chance renewal 2 questions:
1) I guess my renewed Ambassador statues will end 31/7/19, not from the date I renewed?
2) Will the weekend certificate expire at the end of July 19, I'll most likely want to use it in mid - August 2019, so not sure wheted to renew or just sign up agin in a few months.
Thanks
Old Aug 29, 2018, 9:30 pm

Has anyone here renewed Ambassador for 40K points?

Did the Ambassador package include any points back (5K vouchers were included in the past)
Old Aug 30, 2018, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by chrism20

I done the $200 option and the 15k points posted immediately. Renewal date was May
So, It's no longer a code included in the welcome letter that you have to go online to enter? It was done when the charge was processed? My renewal is due at the end of next month, and I was going to renew early this year because I wanted to have the 15K points posted by late September. But if this is now how it's being done, I'll wait. Because I tend to get a BOGO voucher that is valid through October (one time November) when I wait to the very end to renew.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 3:18 pm
alc

Originally Posted by Jaffar
Has anyone here renewed Ambassador for 40K points?

Did the Ambassador package include any points back (5K vouchers were included in the past)
Just got my renewal package in the mail and no more 5K points

Last edited by alc; Sep 11, 2018 at 3:23 pm
Old Sep 11, 2018, 8:54 pm

Programs: BA SL, CX GR, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by alc
Just got my renewal package in the mail and no more 5K points
Sorry for that. With the surge in renewal points/price and the inconsistent offerings for Amb among different ICs, I don’t think they’ll get my money this year.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 12:11 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I did a renewal about an hour ago and selected the $200 version due to a few planned redemptions plus the 15k extra points. The points posted immediately to my account and my AMB end date is also updated already. Worked surprisingly well, but still took screenshots to be safe.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 8:36 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
Originally Posted by SLGO

Sorry for that. With the surge in renewal points/price and the inconsistent offerings for Amb among different ICs, I don’t think they’ll get my money this year.
Sorry to hear that. I believe most of those were the reasons why the changes were made. When it is too cheap, you get too many members, which does no favors to the benefits.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 10:41 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Renewal of Ambassador btw still extends current status for one more year (regardless of actual qualification)?
Old Sep 15, 2018, 11:04 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by demue
I did a renewal about an hour ago and selected the $200 version due to a few planned redemptions plus the 15k extra points. The points posted immediately to my account and my AMB end date is also updated already. Worked surprisingly well, but still took screenshots to be safe.
I did the $200 renewal last month, seemed like the best option. Does anyone know if the 10% rebate on points spend that comes with that applies to points used at all IHG hotels or just ICs?
Old Sep 15, 2018, 11:47 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Keefy-boy
I did the $200 renewal last month, seemed like the best option. Does anyone know if the 10% rebate on points spend that comes with that applies to points used at all IHG hotels or just ICs?
It applies to all IHG hotels. I suggest you keep good records. For me personally the Ambassador rebate points frequently don't post on their own (after 4-6 weeks) and I have to contact IHG.
Keefy-boy likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 2:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Steph58
It applies to all IHG hotels. I suggest you keep good records. For me personally the Ambassador rebate points frequently don't post on their own (after 4-6 weeks) and I have to contact IHG.
Steph, may I ask you how you keep these records? A spreadsheet or something?

IHG's point history (frustratingly) omits info about what a given batch of points is for....makes deciphering what's for what quite difficult.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 9:57 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by DaveH
Steph, may I ask you how you keep these records? A spreadsheet or something?

IHG's point history (frustratingly) omits info about what a given batch of points is for....makes deciphering what's for what quite difficult.
It clearly shows the Ambassador rebate vs. the credit card rebate.
06/21/2018 AMB 10% REDEMPTION REBATE 17,000 pts
06/11/2018 IHG REWARDS CLUB CREDIT CARD 10% REBATE 8,500 pts

I probably should keep a spreadsheet, but I don't travel nearly as much as many on here (leisure only). Handwritten note with various points listed that should be earned for each stay, then checked off as they post. Also a heads up to watch your IHG credit card points (if you use the card) as the points awarded are consistently wrong, for me at least. Most problematic are IC Venetian/Palazzo and Kimptons. They only credit as a regular,1 point/$1 purchase.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 10:06 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Steph, I realize they include Ambassador vs CC rebate info, but they omit any info showing which stay the rebates are correlated with, as your examples show.

That's what makes tracking all this so tricky if you have many stays.

Thanks for sharing your experience!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.