FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   The New IHG Web Booking Interface is PISSING ME OFF! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1879224-new-ihg-web-booking-interface-pissing-me-off.html)

tdcao Nov 24, 2017 5:05 am

The New IHG Web Booking Interface is PISSING ME OFF!

Has anyone tried the new web booking interface from the IHG web site yet? NO MORE search along a route between two destinations. NO LONGER ABLE to open a hotel booking page from a list result in a new tab making it difficult to compare prices.
  • First SouthWest making it DIFFICULT to search for fares by removing its Map Search
  • Now IHG follow suit making it DIFFICULT to search/book its hotel rooms. Who told these IDIOTS to change their web search interface!
#$@&%*!

Kremmen Nov 25, 2017 12:38 am

It could be worse. You could actually make a booking and get a receipt. The whole of the left of the first page is pretty much white space, so the bottom of the first page wraps really badly.
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...9597222cce.jpg

redbus Nov 25, 2017 8:08 am

Me too having difficulties.

I find it cumbersome to navigate and wish they'd change it back to what it was before.

In particular, when I go to edit my search, the rate type automatically changes to reward nights (!), and sometimes the requested date changes too.

Just a nightmare and not fit for purpose.

RB

vsevolod4 Nov 26, 2017 3:51 am

premature launch

This was launched prematurely. The app was far from finished.
It was showing EVERY rate, including senior rates, AAA rates, etc.
It was giving bizarre results to searches.
The UI was clunky.
Navigation sometimes worked, sometimes didn't.
Glad to see they restored the original site. Too many errors.

beachmouse Nov 26, 2017 7:47 am

I think I got a glimpse of this a few weeks back and it was horrible then too. What additional functionality or efficiency is this supposed to bring to the hotel booking process? Unless there’s some back end improvement opaque to customers, it smacks of one of those awful change for the sake of change events

IAN-UK Nov 26, 2017 2:39 pm

Promises me a rate, but clicking through to the hotel only higher rates appear.

I'd like to ay "different rates appear":, sometimes higher, sometimes lower. But they don't - always higher ....

graeylin Nov 28, 2017 10:29 pm

I can't even get the site to open for me tonight.

1flyer Nov 28, 2017 11:31 pm

I hate it, too. Numbnuts do something small-screen optimized and forget the desktop experience.

CalItalian Nov 29, 2017 2:28 am

Originally Posted by vsevolod4 (Post 29100602)
This was launched prematurely. The app was far from finished.
It was showing EVERY rate, including senior rates, AAA rates, etc.
It was giving bizarre results to searches.
The UI was clunky.
Navigation sometimes worked, sometimes didn't.
Glad to see they restored the original site. Too many errors.

This was launched about 2 months ago and then pulled down after about 36 hours. They fixed nothing and actually made it worse. I couldn't stand it then or now.

IAN-UK Nov 29, 2017 4:50 am

Whoopee! I got the old version last night :)

... bt it morphed back into silliness when i asked for World Sale

woobl Nov 30, 2017 3:20 pm

How the hell do you book a reward points night with this new site? I can't find the option anywhere on the price options. Argh!

IAN-UK Nov 30, 2017 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by woobl (Post 29119459)
How the hell do you book a reward points night with this new site? I can't find the option anywhere on the price options. Argh!

You're lucky! The version I get gives reward mights as the default, whether I ask for them or not (I don't ask for them!)

CalItalian Nov 30, 2017 7:55 pm

Best way to search now is NOT be logged in. That way, it will not default to reward nights. With the recent Your World sale, which is now over, the only way to search for that rate was to click on the specific promo page then do your search. If I was logged in, it would most times knock out the Your World rate in the search or always if you updated the search.

IAN-UK Dec 1, 2017 5:32 am

Originally Posted by CalItalian (Post 29120325)
Best way to search now is NOT be logged in. That way, it will not default to reward nights. With the recent Your World sale, which is now over, the only way to search for that rate was to click on the specific promo page then do your search. If I was logged in, it would most times knock out the Your World rate in the search or always if you updated the search.

I noticed that the Your World sale expired in the time zone of the hotel, rather than in the time zone you were making your booking from.

Sounds a trivial thing, but frustrating when trying to book the IC in Madrid from a San Francisco hotel room.

And earlier, when rooms in Europe were available, i had to learn to track them down in the final room category listed, "standard rooms", and even there they were hiding behind reward nights.

tdcao Dec 4, 2017 12:51 am

On my macbook, Safari got me the old site, Chrome got me the STUPID new site. ...!