Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The New IHG Web Booking Interface is PISSING ME OFF!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2017, 7:12 am

Programs: BA Exec Blue, IHG Spire, HHonor Gold, Accor Platinum.
Originally Posted by stimpy
I might change my mind about this new website. I just made a 1 night booking at a cheap $73 HI and the site says that I will earn 26,752 base points plus that again for elite status for a total of 53,504 points. If that goes through I will become the new website's biggest fan!
Hope you took a screen shot so you can argue the case with IHG...
Old Dec 13, 2017, 7:52 am

Programs: FB Platinum PA; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by stimpy
I might change my mind about this new website. I just made a 1 night booking at a cheap $73 HI and the site says that I will earn 26,752 base points plus that again for elite status for a total of 53,504 points. If that goes through I will become the new website's biggest fan!
I just made a booking for 3 nights at CP Copenhagen. Not a cheap hotel, but over 41000 points. They mixed up Danish Crowns and US Dollars. I made a screenshot.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 8:43 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

I wish stimpy and Carel1 good luck and would like to hear their experiences. It wouldn't surprise me if IHG shrugged, said it was an obvious mistake, and didn't award the points.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
No I didn't take a screenshot. The T's and C's are quite clear that we earn 10 points per US $ no matter what the flakey website says.

But I guess if a lot of people call in then that will leave another group of people who are angry with the poor quality website. IHG Customer Support.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 11:37 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by serpens
I wish stimpy and Carel1 good luck and would like to hear their experiences. It wouldn't surprise me if IHG shrugged, said it was an obvious mistake, and didn't award the points.
Given that IHG don't seem to care about having any ostensible account security, in an age of widespread account hacking, it would be reasonable to think they might let this slip.

However, even the most dysfunctional of organisations seem not to drop the ball so much when it comes to anything that directly impacts the bottom line. Think of cable TV companies, etc., where nothing works properly except the system that is responsible for sending out monthly billing notices.

So far, they appear to believe that having no account security or any usable web interface are things that will have no perceptible impact on their profits. I guess if their entire site did nothing but serve 404 pages then someone might eventually think that the problem was worth addressing.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 6:47 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by yurtripper
However, even the most dysfunctional of organisations seem not to drop the ball so much when it comes to anything that directly impacts the bottom line. Think of cable TV companies, etc., where nothing works properly except the system that is responsible for sending out monthly billing notices.
Too many businesses are like that. (I'm looking at you, local gym, where the fans, soap dispensers, exercise equipment, and towel supply are all questionable day-to-day.)
Old Dec 14, 2017, 5:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
No My Offers section. Lame.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 7:05 am

Programs: FB Platinum PA; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by serpens
I think you are right, but then with IHG IT you never know.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 5:37 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver - IHG Spire AMB - Hilton Gold - Choice Hotels Platinum - Hertz Gold FiveStar
Anybody else's IHG home page acting up today? It wont load my upcoming stays on the home page or if I click on the "Stays & Events" tab. Really not a fan of the new interface especially when it stops working .
Old Dec 14, 2017, 6:40 pm

Wow! Just Wow! How bad can this get. I can't even figure out how to view stays beyond my next one. What a total disaster. IHG should be ashamed of this P.O.S. (and I don't mean point of sale)
Old Dec 15, 2017, 3:23 am

Originally Posted by mnredfox
No My Offers section. Lame.
It’s on the bar near the top of the screen when logged into your account page and is marked offers. When it takes you to the next screen if you scroll down the promotions you are signed up for (accelerate etc) should be near the bottom and you can click on it and it will take you to the promo dashboard.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by chrism20

It’s on the bar near the top of the screen when logged into your account page and is marked offers. When it takes you to the next screen if you scroll down the promotions you are signed up for (accelerate etc) should be near the bottom and you can click on it and it will take you to the promo dashboard.
I noticed last night the bar was missing. Just the thin orange line at the very top of the page. Today I see how it's supposed to look. The Account, Stays, Offers, etc options are there now above the orange line.

Maybe this is what others are experiencing when they can't find the menu options.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 10:54 pm

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
Too much information missing. No indication of status in the loyalty program and the expiration of the status in the loyalty program. The current reservations do not indicate if the reservation is modified. For that matter viewing the current reservations is difficult if not impossible. Not a good feeling.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 5:42 am

They are also missing a detailed breakdown of points earned for any particular stay.... Instead they group it all into "Bonus Points". I prefer to see 100% Spire Bonus. Then the additional 1,000 bonus points per night package - rather than working out the breakdown itself. Instead they give me a breakdown which includes...

"Food
(USD $undefined)" Just add it to the glitch pile

Along with things like "Phone" which, for most IHG stayers, wouldn't ever use. Just because they have this information on an internal database, some programmer has decided to put it there. It's not what most of their consumers actually want.

Especially since there was recently a 50% bonus on bonus points packages. Without the old breakdown, so many would have been confused e.g.

Old Website:

2,000 points base stay (3 nights in total)
2,000 points for spire bonus
3,000 points for 1,000 bonus points/night package
1,500 points for 50% extra bonus points promotion
= 8,500 total bonus points

New Website:

2,000 points base stay
6,500 bonus points

Far less informative.

Oh - it also loads slower on my 3G data dongle than the older website. I wonder whether it's also going through my data quicker too.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 9:16 am

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
No list/map of ICH hotels.
Less information about points
Where are the promotions for which you've registered?
Less information about status - YTD points earned (just shows EQP, not RDP), nights stayed (just shows total, not breaking out rollover or freee)
Difficult to get more than just the upcoming reservation

They took something which is OK, and broke it.

Restore the previous site, and go fix this. It was clearly launched prematurely. I would have fired the agency which did this, embarrassing me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.