Search

New IHG Benefit (All UK Members): Free eBooks with Amazon

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2017, 9:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Spire Elite / Hilton Gold
New IHG Benefit (All UK Members): Free eBooks with Amazon

Edit: This is a UK member benefit only.

Dear [jaffaq],If you’re an avid reader, you’re going to love this. We’ve teamed up with Amazon to bring you a brand-new member benefit – free Kindle eBooks via the IHG App. Choose from fiction or non-fiction Kindle eBooks, including mystery, romance and much more.

Download your free Kindle eBook 1, eBook 2 and eBook 3 now.

As a Spire Elite IHG Rewards Club member, you have 3 free eBooks available quarterly to keep yourself entertained on your next trip and take you where only a good book can.

To learn more about this benefit, click below.
The IHG landing page about this new benefit: https://www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/de...le_AdHocLaunch

Details on other tiers:
  • Club members will receive 1 free download bi-annually
  • Gold Elite members will receive 1 free download per quarter
  • Platinum Elite members will receive 2 free downloads per quarter
  • Spire Elite members will receive 3 free downloads per quarter
I blogged about it here (and included an image of the eBooks I've been offered): https://travelhackclub.co.uk/2017/11...ember-benefit/

Last edited by jaffaq; Nov 24, 2017 at 2:49 am
Old Nov 23, 2017, 1:00 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
So are they full length novels now, or just more shorter articles like they're already had for a year as a minor benefit?
Old Nov 23, 2017, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG

Terms & Conditions

Kindle Promotional offer expires 11:59 P.M. GMT, 31 December 2019. Amazon may modify or cancel this offer at any time. Offer may not be transferred or resold. Void where prohibited. Redemption of the promotional Code requires an Amazon.co.uk account and acceptance of the Amazon.co.uk Kindle Store Terms of Use. Promotion may only be redeemed on www.Amazon.co.uk by customers located in the United Kingdom. Additional terms and conditions apply, see www.amazon.co.uk/IHG for details. AMAZON and the AMAZON logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Amazon is not a sponsor of this promotion.
UK Members only - OP/Mod please amend title as it's not for all members.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Agreed that perhaps this thread should be brought to the attention of UK members. However, this benefit has existed for US members for a while now.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 2:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Spire Elite / Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by beachmouse
So are they full length novels now, or just more shorter articles like they're already had for a year as a minor benefit?
They are full-length novels (from a preset selection).

Originally Posted by nacho
UK Members only - OP/Mod please amend title as it's not for all members.
Ah, apologies. I'm not sure how to amend the actual post title. Could a mod help with that?
Old Nov 24, 2017, 7:15 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I was quite excited when I saw that I could get two free Kindle ebooks per quarter as a Plat. That was until I found out how limited the selection was. For me, the only interesting category was Non-fiction and they only had 2 books to choose from!
Old Mar 15, 2018, 6:45 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Both me (Platinum) and a friend (Gold) are based in the UK, yet the Kindle ebook terms say for US only (see attached from my friend).
When trying to redeem, it fails - saying ‘wrong locale for this promo’ - has anyone else come across this?

Old Mar 16, 2018, 12:42 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
I just redeemed 3 kindle books as a Spire UK resident...
Old Mar 16, 2018, 8:25 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Lewis42
I just redeemed 3 kindle books as a Spire UK resident...
Not sure if something changed in last few days, I've got it working on the phone now [Platinum, 2 ebooks, UK].

My friend was using iPad app - will tell him to try via the phone too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.