FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Intercontinental Ljubljana

Address
Intercontinental Ljubljana
Slovenska cesta 59,
1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia

Link to hotel:
https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental/hotels/gb/en/ljubljana/ljuha/hoteldetail?cm_mmc=GoogleMaps-_-IC-_-SI-_-LJUHA

Experiences / Reviews
Royal Ambassador Experiences
October 2017
November 2017

Pre-Opening discussion about this hotel:
Pre-Opening discussion[/u]
Print Wikipost

IC Ljubljana Master Thread

Old Aug 28, 2017, 10:55 pm
Original Poster

IC Ljubljana Master Thread

Hotel is open!

http://www.sloveniatimes.com/ljublja...-opening-doors

https://kongres-magazine.eu/2017/08/...tel-ljubljana/

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...la_Region.html

not sure about a 70 euro/day surcharge for club access though.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 8:28 am

Yes, I had noticed that even though the IHG website still said Sept 15th, reservations appeared to be open on the pop-up calendar from sometime in late August.

I was also just checking my reservation last night and noticed it has me upgraded to Club room. Booked the basic room (Superior I think?) as a Spire Ambassador. Hopefully it's not one of those 'upgrades' that doesn't include club access.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Deez Nutz
Yes, I had noticed that even though the IHG website still said Sept 15th, reservations appeared to be open on the pop-up calendar from sometime in late August.

I was also just checking my reservation last night and noticed it has me upgraded to Club room. Booked the basic room (Superior I think?) as a Spire Ambassador. Hopefully it's not one of those 'upgrades' that doesn't include club access.
What month is your stay?
Old Aug 29, 2017, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by saaveraward
What month is your stay?
Mid-September. 2 nights
Old Sep 1, 2017, 4:36 pm

Programs: QR Silver, TK Elite+, Accor Gold, Mariott Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond and IHG Diamond Ambassador
I visited IC Ljubljana today. They have very nice bar at the 20th floor overlooking Ljubljana. Prices are a bit higher than average but are still not skyrocketing. Cocktails are 9, Wine is 6 and Soft Drinks are 4. Staff is very nice and profesional. This is best hotel in Ljubljana for sure, first because service is top notch which is not case in many 4* hotels in Ljubljana. Second because rooms and facilities are moderen and new. I would like to see more international hotels such as Hilton, Sheraton, etc to come to Ljubljana. Currently we have Radisson Blu, Four Points by Sheraton, Best Westeren Premier and now Inter Continetal. In 90s and 00s we also had Holiday Inn and Inter Continetal but both brands left Ljubljana and properties became a memeber of local hotel chain.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 5:38 pm
Original Poster

I may need to change a reservation from June to August and the base room rate through the month is 400 Euro with tons of availability. What on Earth commands such a high rate in Slovenia? Is there a month-long festival or something? My June reservation is half that. I never thought I'd have to burn 35k points/night in Slovenia!
Old Dec 2, 2017, 5:30 am

Programs: United PremPlat; M LT Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Spire A
Is there any Ambassador experience? Ultimately interested in the possible cost of lounge upgrade, cost of breakfast in the restaurant.
Another question: do you know any parking places nearby instead of 32 EUR per night valet parking at the hotel?
----
Update from hotel: only 3 persons in one room, even with kids under 10. For a family of four it's required to book 2 rooms, but 50% reduction was offered on the standard rate for the 2nd room. Rate per breakfast is 20EUR per person per night. For connecting rooms the only (?) option is King Superior Rooms which connect to Twin Deluxe Room with in - room doors.

Last edited by illesus; Dec 5, 2017 at 11:07 am Reason: combining posts
Old Dec 4, 2017, 10:10 am

DELETED

Last edited by illesus; Dec 5, 2017 at 11:04 am
Old Dec 6, 2017, 10:39 pm

Programs: IHG Spire A, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by illesus
Update from hotel: only 3 persons in one room, even with kids under 10. For a family of four it's required to book 2 rooms, but 50% reduction was offered on the standard rate for the 2nd room. Rate per breakfast is 20EUR per person per night. For connecting rooms the only (?) option is King Superior Rooms which connect to Twin Deluxe Room with in - room doors.
That is interesting, I am quite sure I saw a few rooms with a max of 4 a few weeks ago when I looked online. We have a two year old and a newborn and I might just skip this hotel if we are forced to book two rooms.

As a Spire Ambassador, do you have any comments about the hotel that might make it worthwhile for a family to stay there? And how did the one room upgrade guarantee play out here?
Old Dec 7, 2017, 5:32 am

I have not stayed here yet and probably won't stay until Spring or Summer. I received this information through email, where strictly the one-cat upgrade was mentioned.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 11:27 am

Programs: IC Ambassador, IHG Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Miles & More FT
Originally Posted by Ilseum
That is interesting, I am quite sure I saw a few rooms with a max of 4 a few weeks ago when I looked online. We have a two year old and a newborn and I might just skip this hotel if we are forced to book two rooms.

As a Spire Ambassador, do you have any comments about the hotel that might make it worthwhile for a family to stay there? And how did the one room upgrade guarantee play out here?
I stayed recently in couple of IC hotels in Europe with 8 years old kid and 6 months old baby and never declared younger one in reservation and never experienced any problems during check in.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 6:54 am

Right, but you don't need an extra normal bed for a 6 months old. here both around 10 yrs.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 5:18 pm
Original Poster

The hotel has dropped the ridiculous 400 euro per night summer rates by 40% if anyone is looking to check back and re-book.

Any recent stays?
Old Jan 30, 2018, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by saaveraward

Any recent stays?
Somebody posted in the 'Ambassador experiences' sticky thread about a recent stay.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 8:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Deez Nutz
Somebody posted in the 'Ambassador experiences' sticky thread about a recent stay.
Thanks. Forgot to subscribe to the 2018 thread. Nice upgrade they got. I can only be so hopeful in summer. Really looking forward to staying at this hotel.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.