Programs: QR Plat, HH Diamond
odd Royal Ambassador gifts

http://thumbsnap.com/sd9t2Txx

can anybody tell me what this is?

it is from IC Le Grand
Old Oct 25, 2017, 8:49 pm
Original Poster

I have received strange gifts at other ICs where it seems they just needed to give you something like a shoe horn and brush?
Old Oct 25, 2017, 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by #1son
http://thumbsnap.com/sd9t2Txx

can anybody tell me what this is?

it is from IC Le Grand
This is for your handbag. Put the round piece at the edge of the table and hang your handbag. If you don't have one: next time in Hong Kong just take the train to Shenzhen (Lo Wu) and get one in the mall next to the china immigration.
olegator likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 10:28 pm
Original Poster

thanks but I really do not carry a handbag ;-)

I believe it is destined as an odd gift to a lady friend.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 3:23 am

Programs: Miles and More, IHG, ANA Mileage Club, Hilton Honors
The idea is not to have a handbag or any bag put on your chair back stolen by pickpockets, in public places, like restaurants. Such thefts occur when someone passes behind your chair, steals your bag and leaves the places as if the bag was theirs.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by Unterwegs
This is for your handbag. Put the round piece at the edge of the table and hang your handbag.
While the usage is correct, that hanger is not for handbags because they will be easier to steal.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by Unterwegs
If you don't have one: next time in Hong Kong just take the train to Shenzhen (Lo Wu) and get one in the mall next to the china immigration.
Thanks for the tip, Unterwegs!

Originally Posted by garykung
While the usage is correct, that hanger is not for handbags because they will be easier to steal.
To steal it as a whole, yes. But it makes impossible to get something from your bag without your attention.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 8:01 am
NKU

Programs: Qantas Gold / ROP Gold / RA Spire -IHG/ Diamond Hilton
Random RA gifts

alright so let me share my experience....

I have been to a few ICs in Japan this year ... IC Osaka , ANA Tokyo, Tokyo Bay and Yokohama.

the weirdest gift is from Tokyo Bay ... a facial towel .. ( just like the one from the bath room, you know the small square ones) ...

the second weirdest ... is from Yokohama - moon cake that is expired in 3 days ...

I got multiple plain tea cups from IC HK also!!!
Old Oct 29, 2017, 8:59 am

Many of the gifts are somewhat weird, useless, ugly and not worth taking.

Recently in the IC Frankfurt a jar with mustard (more than 100 ml, useless if you travel with carry on only). HK was a little teacup for a while, then a small container with steak rub. Most other gifts I don't even remember because I left them behind.

Some hotels offer a choice between gift and points (Cairo Citystars) or gift and some food items (Dubai Festival C). They should standardize on this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.