Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2017, 6:41 am
Original Poster

Outstanding Intercon resorts?

deleted

Last edited by markle; May 25, 2023 at 7:08 am
Old Oct 21, 2017, 3:27 am

Programs: AA EXP IC AMBASSADOR/DIAMOND Tk/ELITE (*G), JumeirahONE Gold
I am afraid that you have been to the best one. It is out of its league in terms of IC.

Bali is meh but if the price is right, Club can improve the experience.

I dislike the Koh Samui intercontinental with passion. Rooms are Ok but the rest of the common facilities except for the lobby area are not 5 star standard and certainly not worth the current rates. The beach is not for swimming and the food is very pricey but unlike Danang, the quality does not justify the price tag. It is miles away of Chaweng and the cheapest taxis are around 30 USD. The hotel does not offer free shuttle. There is an inconveniently timed transfer which is $9 per person once a day.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 9:20 pm

IC Hua Hin is a nice property. I certainly wouldn’t compare it to Bora Bora as a destination, but if you combined it with other destinations in Thailand, that could be nice. The Villas are beautiful, and club rooms and suites are also very nice.

I also would not choose IC in Koh Samui, or Bangkok in my opinion either, as there are better options at that price level. But, if you’re an RA and can get substantially upgraded, that could change things entirely.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 11:53 pm

Or you could explore the beauty of Japan while staying at IC Osaka. Of course not a beach destination, but it is an outstanding property, especially with club access.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.