Wiki Posts
Search

TopCashBack cashback for IHG Ambassador rate

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2019, 4:57 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by strickers
Not in Europe unfortunately.
I've used ebates a couple of times when booking hotels in the US (as nothing decent in the UK cashback wise at the time) and I'm based in the UK.
Just had a quick look at my account, that I haven't used since 2015, and I had put a mailing address down as a NYC hotel. Payment in US$ by Paypal.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 5:05 am

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by xenole
I've used ebates a couple of times when booking hotels in the US (as nothing decent in the UK cashback wise at the time) and I'm based in the UK.
Just had a quick look at my account, that I haven't used since 2015, and I had put a mailing address down as a NYC hotel. Payment in US$ by Paypal.
The mailing address is why it worked, blocked by EU GDPR rules unfortunately.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 1:39 am

I ran 3 separate bookings through the UK TCB last month and all 3 tracked successfully. The first two paid out about a month later (only about Ł6 / $8) but better than nothing.
Third one I've completed the stay on in the last week and that is confirmed at around Ł10.69 / $14, so will hopefully be payable next month.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 8:21 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, IHG Spire Amb
For the Ambassador 2nd night free, i've never been credited. I think its because I can never get that rate quoted withough going through the intercontinental site, and clicking that rate button opens a new window - so the booking isnt in the window that topcashback or ebates opened. If someone knows a workaround I'd love to hear it.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 1:57 am

Originally Posted by ludocdoc
If someone knows a workaround I'd love to hear it.
Go through the TCB link and once you get to the room rate page go up to the address bar and substitute the rate code for the BOGO rate (IBAMB I think) for the rate code already there (commonly 6BAR). Sometimes you need to do the swap in 2 different spots in the URL
Old Feb 23, 2019, 7:52 pm

One issue I have is that going through TCB on my phone opens the app when you search, so nothing tracks. Fine on my laptop.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 11:05 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Etihad Gold, IHG Platinum, IC Ambasador, Marriott Gold, Taj Gold, Radisson Gold
I booked my room 1 year ago, and am still waiting..

Originally Posted by Dan89
Hello,

Apologies if this has been posted before.

Does anyone whether the IHG ambassador rate is eligible for topcashback rebates?

Per TopCashBack's T&C below, it makes mentioned of specialty. Not sure if the amb rate is part of this. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers.

@What could stop me from getting cash back?
Using a promotional/coupon code not posted and approved by TopCashback.
Non-commissionable rates listed below:

Rooms offered at specialty or pre-negotiated rates (including discounted group rates);
I booked my room 1 year ago, and am still waiting..
Old Mar 6, 2019, 1:15 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Has anyone had a success with tracking specifically Ambassador rate? I don't get how to make it, as Ambassador rate requires starting booking from their landing page and not a regular website that opens from TCB click.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 6:40 am

Programs: HH Dia, IHG Dia Amb, MB Ti, WoH G, OWE
Originally Posted by barracuda93
Has anyone had a success with tracking specifically Ambassador rate? I don't get how to make it, as Ambassador rate requires starting booking from their landing page and not a regular website that opens from TCB click.
Try this: TCB > InterContinental > go to Ambassador tab > look for "Complimentary Weekend Night" > Book
barracuda93 and ginmqi like this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 6:58 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Etihad Gold, IHG Platinum, IC Ambasador, Marriott Gold, Taj Gold, Radisson Gold
Also, you can start a booking for a weekend night in one browser.

Then you can use another browser with TCB. Then when you log into you IHG account, it sometimes remembers your rate preference
Old Mar 6, 2019, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by shahr04360
Try this: TCB > InterContinental > go to Ambassador tab > look for "Complimentary Weekend Night" > Book
Originally Posted by enox5
Also, you can start a booking for a weekend night in one browser.

Then you can use another browser with TCB. Then when you log into you IHG account, it sometimes remembers your rate preference
​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Interesting, thanks for that advice to above posters.

And actually this raises interesting question.

Looking at a cashback aggregation website, looks like TCB and something called Mr. Rebates are the best:

Do we know if this works for say special promo rates as well? I'm looking to book IC Saigon in april using their 3rd night free promo, but Mr. Rebates and also TCB screen shows its restricted to "commissionable rates"

And what if we buy and pay the Ambassador fee on IHG.com via those cashback services, could that work on ANYTHING purchase on IHG.com or maybe only hard products?

Thanks in advance for any insights!

Last edited by ginmqi; Mar 6, 2019 at 12:23 pm
Old Mar 6, 2019, 1:18 pm

Programs: HH Dia, IHG Dia Amb, MB Ti, WoH G, OWE
Do we know if this works for say special promo rates as well? I'm looking to book IC Saigon in april using their 3rd night free promo, but Mr. Rebates and also TCB screen shows its restricted to "commissionable rates"
> Yes, 3rd night free promo entitled for cash-back. Most special promo rates worked. Unless, those rate being clearly listed as non-commissionable rates.

And what if we buy and pay the Ambassador fee on IHG.com via those cashback services, could that work on ANYTHING purchase on IHG.com or maybe only hard products?
> Sadly, only room reservation entitled for cash-back. Ambassador purchase doesn't work.
ginmqi likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by shahr04360
> Yes, 3rd night free promo entitled for cash-back. Most special promo rates worked. Unless, those rate being clearly listed as non-commissionable rates.

> Sadly, only room reservation entitled for cash-back. Ambassador purchase doesn't work.
Ah I see.

Awesome thanks for the fast reply and insight! Glad this thread got bumped. I had known about these cashback portals before but then forgot about them. Definitely seems like money that's left on the table if we don't take advantage of these services!
Old Mar 6, 2019, 2:05 pm

Not sure about TCB however I tried it through Reward Gateway which we use at work. The AMB free night booking tracked and then confirmed about a week after the stay, however IHG returned it as zero cashback.

Might be more successful with TCB though. I didn’t bother to raise a claim given that it was a promotional rate.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 2:35 pm

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
I’ve got about Ł150 of cash back that I’m still battling over nearly a year later through TCB. It’s only the principle that keeps me going.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.