Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the problem now with bonus point packages?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2017, 3:43 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, BA Silver
Originally Posted by chongcao
There are 3 bonus points package we are talking here.
1, 10,000 or 15,000 Bonus points package:
These package is a hotel promotion and the bonus points are posted by hotel, which is not EQP (i.e. non-EQP)
2, IHG Bonus Points Package:
For example, 1,000 Bonus Points per night, 2,000 Bonus Points per stay, 5,000 Bonus Points per stay, these are EQP;
3, Your Rate Bonus Points Packages:
So far these rates only has Your Rate 1,000 Bonus Points Per Night (with or without Breakfast). The other IHG bonus points are not included. Basically the Your Rate 1,000 Bonus Points per Night is a small discount based on 1,000 Bonus Points Per Night package. All are EQP.

The thread here is about the accelerate promotion. Some members were given a task of to book one Your Rate Bonus Points packages. To qualify for this offer, members MUST book the third rate I mentioned above.
Thank you for making this clear. I have also been confused by this, after booking a "YOUR RATE add 3,000 bonus points" room on the app which did not qualify for this Accelerate offer.

Originally Posted by FFlash
- At any IHG® hotels in Asia Pacific, the Middle East and Africa (excluding China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan)
I also have this restriction hidden away in the T&Cs but based on the fact I had a "Your Rate 1,000 Bonus Points Per Night" European booking qualify under this offer, I guess it has been coded more generously in terms of geographical location.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 5:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
@wanderlust

Yes I got my task qualified too, but it seems they corrected it manually by goodwill once I complained. Happy with that.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 3:11 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by chongcao
There are 3 bonus points package we are talking here.
1, 10,000 or 15,000 Bonus points package:
These package is a hotel promotion and the bonus points are posted by hotel, which is not EQP (i.e. non-EQP)
2, IHG Bonus Points Package:
For example, 1,000 Bonus Points per night, 2,000 Bonus Points per stay, 5,000 Bonus Points per stay, these are EQP;
3, Your Rate Bonus Points Packages:
So far these rates only has Your Rate 1,000 Bonus Points Per Night (with or without Breakfast). The other IHG bonus points are not included. Basically the Your Rate 1,000 Bonus Points per Night is a small discount based on 1,000 Bonus Points Per Night package. All are EQP.

The thread here is about the accelerate promotion. Some members were given a task of to book one Your Rate Bonus Points packages. To qualify for this offer, members MUST book the third rate I mentioned above. But some members thought it is OK to book the second rate rather than the third rate since T&C did not make it crystal clear.

It is a simply matter. And I hope my explanation had cleared some confusion you have.
Wow, thanks for explaining this! I literally was about to check in tomorrow on a 10k pts package stay.
I felt something was amiss when I see the confirmation it's says package 2 on the reservation. Not bonus points stay package.
This is super confusing for the non-weary leisure travelers like us, why can't they give the promo package a different name instead?
I guess the intention was to confuse so they can get away with the "gotcha" moment.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by bluestrudels
Wow, thanks for explaining this! I literally was about to check in tomorrow on a 10k pts package stay.
I felt something was amiss when I see the confirmation it's says package 2 on the reservation. Not bonus points stay package.
This is super confusing for the non-weary leisure travelers like us, why can't they give the promo package a different name instead?
I guess the intention was to confuse so they can get away with the "gotcha" moment.

Email IHG and let them know you bought the 10k bonus points package and it needs to post properly as EQP. I do this all the time and they do!
dagangwood likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 7:36 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Marriott15
Email IHG and let them know you bought the 10k bonus points package and it needs to post properly as EQP. I do this all the time and they do!
What is the email you send to? I just cancelled my reservation, thankfully I was within the no-charge cancellation period yesterday.
I just moved all my stay to the Kimpton nearby, they have those 1k/night and 5k/stay rates, so this will work out better for me when I split my stay between 2 kimptons and finish my accelerate promo requirements at the same time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.