Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best LA Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2017, 10:28 am
Original Poster

Best LA Hotel

Looking for the best LA IHG Hotel. Going to LA for a night with my mom. Never been, looking to do the tourist stuff. Currently have the Wishire IC Downtown booked, but also looking at the Indigo or IC Century City.

Any input is appreciated.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 9:03 pm

Programs: krisflyer, hilton, ihg, accor
Talking

Last edited by NotTellYou; Oct 11, 2017 at 9:36 am
Old Oct 12, 2017, 8:28 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Stayed at the Wilshire a week ago - once in a lifetime experience - strongly recommended. Probably the best hotel I've ever stayed at.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 7:03 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
You do know that LA is a huge city, right? And that with traffic, and depending on the time of day, it can take 2 hours to get where you're going? So if there's something specific you're looking to visit for sightseeing, consider staying close to it. If you're flexible with location or schedule then I second the recommendation for the IC downtown.
hi55us likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by darthbimmer
You do know that LA is a huge city, right? And that with traffic, and depending on the time of day, it can take 2 hours to get where you're going? So if there's something specific you're looking to visit for sightseeing, consider staying close to it. If you're flexible with location or schedule then I second the recommendation for the IC downtown.
The 7th street Metro station is just across the street which is a hub for all the metro lines in LA. (Yes LA has an underground subway system) It can take you to all the main tourist sites such as Universal studios, Hollywood Blvd, Santa Monica, Long Beach, Pasadena (need to switch to gold line at union station), and Koreatown. And you'll avoid all the traffic.

Also arguably, downtown is one of the hottest areas of LA right now. So even if you don't leave downtown, there are tons of things to do. LA live, Grand Central Market, The Broad Museum, MOCA, Grammy Museum, Little Tokyo, and the Arts District...just to name a few. Also there are tons of bars and restaurants on 7th street and Spring street.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 11:22 pm

Programs: krisflyer, hilton, ihg, accor
Head to Venice beach in the noon and Santa Monica 3rd street in the evening.

Originally Posted by dsantos08
The 7th street Metro station is just across the street which is a hub for all the metro lines in LA. (Yes LA has an underground subway system) It can take you to all the main tourist sites such as Universal studios, Hollywood Blvd, Santa Monica, Long Beach, Pasadena (need to switch to gold line at union station), and Koreatown. And you'll avoid all the traffic.

Also arguably, downtown is one of the hottest areas of LA right now. So even if you don't leave downtown, there are tons of things to do. LA live, Grand Central Market, The Broad Museum, MOCA, Grammy Museum, Little Tokyo, and the Arts District...just to name a few. Also there are tons of bars and restaurants on 7th street and Spring street.

Last edited by NotTellYou; Oct 14, 2017 at 4:42 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.