Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Goodbye IC Times Square (Update: IHG won)

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2018, 2:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Originally Posted by scubaccr
expired link ?
Post edited, but in summary:

1. go to https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/nyscef/CaseSearch
2. click "search as a guest"
3. Enter case number "655914/2017"

Update: The case is now in appeal (Appellate Division - 1st Dept) in relation to a preliminary injunction, The appeal is in three parts so three separate case numbers: 2018-1132, 2018-1133, 2018-1134

Last edited by Physci; Jun 7, 2018 at 5:03 am Reason: addition of appeal case details
Old May 17, 2018, 8:40 pm

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
Originally Posted by chistery
The new $30 a day resort fee means I'll be looking elsewhere anyway.
When did this start? My most recent stay was April 18th; there was no "resort fee" -- or they waived it for me as an RA.

I did talk to them about the lack of a Club Lounge which -- since the Barclay's Club Lounge opened up (quite nice, some evenings caviar service, tapas service, but only beer/wine sadly, and a lovely breakfast) -- is a major liability. They mentioned that they will be remodeling and there "might" be a Club as part of that. Let's see.

But I agree about the paltry RA benefits. Sure, the early checkin/late checkout is honored. Sure, the minibar is comped (and it's a half-decent minibar). But no amenity of note, no free drink voucher (though you can ask), no free breakfast (even if you ask), and the upgrade is "meh." Still, a better upgrade than the typical upgrade at the Barclay, which has almost no suite inventory so you get an "upgrade" to a slightly better furnished room (and once in 10 stays, a proper suite, wahoo!).

But I still stay at the Times Square on occasion, when the Barclay is sold out or when it's unusually expensive.
Old May 18, 2018, 5:29 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by vsevolod4
When did this start? My most recent stay was April 18th; there was no "resort fee" -- or they waived it for me as an RA.
This was mentioned in the Master Thread on the property:
Originally Posted by VaBeachGirl
The resort fee kicked in officially in May,
Old May 18, 2018, 11:38 am

The legal filings are a great read (link above). The hotel owner directly names the Ambassador program as one of the reasons that IHG is supposedly in breach of contract, claiming that the $200 fee is kept by IHG but the hotel owner is solely responsible for free nights and upgrades. They also claim that IHG Rewards and Ambassador programs "impose cost on Owner with no corresponding benefit". Given that attitude, I am not surprised at the lack of elite recognition at this property.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG
From what i've seen, it appears that IHG won the case yesterday and will continue to manage the property. It will be interesting to see how the owners react to this.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 2:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Originally Posted by turner32
From what i've seen, it appears that IHG won the case yesterday and will continue to manage the property. It will be interesting to see how the owners react to this.
IHG won against the appeal by the owners against the preliminary injunction granted by IHG preventing the owners terminating the contract until the courts can fully consider the issues between the parties, including the interpretation of the management agreement. So yes, for the moment IHG will continue o manage the property but agree it will be interesting to see what the owner does next.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.